Author Topic: General Discussion and Sugestions  (Read 181480 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion and Sugestions
« Reply #640 on: February 28, 2019, 05:50:26 AM »
Should Extra Option's list of applicable classes be expanded yet?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #641 on: February 28, 2019, 06:03:55 AM »
Good point, added the´Chaos Lady and Princess plus Miniature Creature. If anybody remembers another monster class that should be added to that feat do let me know.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2019, 12:07:00 AM »
Added Monster Heritage trait.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »
Added a new entry in the FAQ preventing stacking the same ability score twice to AC/saves/attacks/skills unless otherwise noted in the entry.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2019, 11:06:20 PM »
Do I get to pick which type of AC bonus it is in the case that they're being added separately? e.g., if I had charisma to AC from some feature or other and became a ghost with 10HD, could I then have it as a deflection bonus?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2019, 12:59:31 AM »
Yes, added to the FAQ entry as well.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 20, 2019, 07:06:29 PM »
The link to Prime32s 'More Monster Feats' under Extra Material in the Index got missed up from your edit today Osle.
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 20, 2019, 07:32:21 PM »
The link to Prime32s 'More Monster Feats' under Extra Material in the Index got missed up from your edit today Osle.
Have retrieved the link from Google cache: http://www.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=327.0

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 20, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »
Thanks, fixed it.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 23, 2019, 02:55:23 AM »
Small mistake on the index links.

Under templates, Elder Eidolon opens the Evolved Undead, and Evolved Undead is a dead link.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 23, 2019, 09:31:23 AM »
Fixed, thanks.  :)

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 30, 2019, 06:46:01 AM »
Can a collection of Intelligent Items have different alignments?

Also, would it be possible for each item to have a different dedicated purpose?

Offline Doxkid

• Lurker
  • The tyrant that loved you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 05, 2019, 10:04:09 AM »
GREEN HAG-
So for example a green hag 2 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as having 3 levels of sorcerer(2+1) and gain the spell slots and spell known that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 2 to 3, but not the spell slots and spell known that a sorcerer gets from level 1 to 2, He would get the familiar ability, but half-dragon levels wouldn't count for it.
ANNIS HAG-
The hag takes  penalties to her physical statistics for aging, instead actually gaining +1 Strength, Dexterity and Constitution with each increase in age category, to a maximum of +1 per  Annis Hag level.  She ages as a human for the purpose of age categories, starting at adulthood (15+1d4 years old) and aging up past venerable age, but she will never die of old age (although she can always get uglier).
Two mistakes I've noticed. Aren't Hags usually lady-monsters?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:45:52 PM by Doxkid »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 22, 2019, 04:57:56 AM »
Ups, seem to have missed this one. :blush

Green hag male pronoun fixed, but the Annis Hag seems to be all female.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 24, 2019, 11:29:47 PM »
Gestalt:
You made it clear that a monster can't get the same attribute to AC twice.  Can it get two different ability scores to a stat?  If a gestalt monster gets CHA mod to natural armor and CON mod to natural armor does it get both?  If you get the similar "ability score to X" abilities could it give a small bump like when you repeat SR or DR? 

Natural attacks:
If I have a deepspawn/grell crossbreed you have to choose either 3 or 10 tentacle attacks and 3 or 1 bites respectively.  Is that right?

Can I assume you still get the class abilities of both monsters for those type of natural attacks?  Ex. Grell tentacles get improved grab, Deepspawn tentacles flank with bite attacks on same creature.

I can understand trying to avoid too many natural attacks (though you could just gestalt with a claw/slam monster and still get your oodles of attacks), but losing your class features would stink.

Monster Lord:
Could it work for miniature creatures to get mini bonuses without the minuses for being mini?
How does the powerful build aspect of monster lord interact with trample, space, and reach?
Do you calculate reach distance from your medium space or can you still reach as far as if you were your Colossal size?
Can you stomp a city block while still appearing to be medium size?

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 25, 2019, 03:11:23 AM »
Gestalt:
You made it clear that a monster can't get the same attribute to AC twice.  Can it get two different ability scores to a stat?  If a gestalt monster gets CHA mod to natural armor and CON mod to natural armor does it get both?  If you get the similar "ability score to X" abilities could it give a small bump like when you repeat SR or DR? 

Well Natural Armor bonuses generally don't stack, but a lot of the content here have clauses stating if you have a higher bonus from a different source, you add a +1 instead.
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 26, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »
Oh yeah, Thanks TC.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 28, 2019, 02:08:46 AM »
Gestalt:
Unless otherwise noted, if you would gain natural armor based in two different abilitiy scores, you gain both.

I could add a +1 for the same ability score taken multiple times, but I don't really want to promote again people cherry-picking monster classes just to try to stack on the same ability score as high as possible.

Natural attacks:
If I have a deepspawn/grell crossbreed you have to choose either 3 or 10 tentacle attacks and 3 or 1 bites respectively.  Is that right?
Yes.

Can I assume you still get the class abilities of both monsters for those type of natural attacks?  Ex. Grell tentacles get improved grab, Deepspawn tentacles flank with bite attacks on same creature.

Technically yes.

Monster Lord:
Could it work for miniature creatures to get mini bonuses without the minuses for being mini?
How does the powerful build aspect of monster lord interact with trample, space, and reach?
Do you calculate reach distance from your medium space or can you still reach as far as if you were your Colossal size?
-Yes.
-Only fill medium space and medium reach, but can still trample and reach as original size.
-From your medium space.
-Yes, shockwaves.

Well Natural Armor bonuses generally don't stack, but a lot of the content here have clauses stating if you have a higher bonus from a different source, you add a +1 instead.

It should be noted that said content are template/prcs that are expected to be added on top of other monster classes.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:30:34 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 13, 2019, 08:34:50 PM »
Monster Lord:
-Yes.
-Only fill medium space, but can still trample and reach as original size.
-From your medium space.
-Yes, shockwaves.

Hang on, haven't looked in here for a while. That seems inconsistent both with how Powerful Build works, Prime's likely intention when writing Monster Lord, and all the time spent in Phantasy Star--for almost all of it Amaterasu was clearly a medium sized creature with colossal damage and grapple abilities, but without the accompanying reach. And it did come up on maybe one or two occasions where I went for the larger size to have the appropriate reach despite the to-hit/AC penalties.

Prime's exact wording was "you get the Powerful Build trait, except you count as your original form's size rather than one size larger", and Powerful Build itself (quoting the Goliath Statblock) says "However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size."

The feat's already great as it is, without having the reach advantages--especially with reach as original size then having the question of whether you start counting from your own square or where your full size would be.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 23, 2019, 09:31:10 AM »
My bad, was misremembering things, corrected previous post. Thanks Raineh. :blush