Author Topic: The Narrow Road to the Deep North  (Read 34806 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: The Narrow Road to the Deep North
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 12:05:32 AM »
Felix weathers the rain of blows and narrows its eyes.  Orbs of water coalesce and form into a massive hammer, which swings down with all its might.

Action   Option
Shift Action   N/A
Move Action   Hidden Power - ATK - Ranged Burst (3)

Accuracy: 1d20-2 : 2 - 2, total 0

Damage (Water): 3d8+20 : 6, 6, 2 + 20, total 34
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 12:10:07 AM »
Litwick flares in frustration, then attempts to fling fire at the bee again.

ActionOption
Shift ActionNone taken
Move ActionEmber - SATK - Ranged (8)

Accuracy: 1d20-2 : 16 - 2, total 14

Damage (Fire-Type): 1d12+13 : 12 + 13, total 25

Ember Burns the target on 18-20 during Accuracy Check
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »
With a look of shock, both the bee and the trainer watch as the plume of flame washes over it.  it falls from the sky, but is caught in the red beam of the return function of the pokeball.

"TCH!"  Samson replies.  "You only won because my pokemon were tired from the hike!  You won't win next time!"

Samson beats a hasty retreat, charging back into the underbrush from whence he came.  Maybe he didn't know there was a pokemon center right down the path?

Either way, he dropped a second envelope on the ground.  Beatrice, it looks similar to the envelope you found last time.

[Felix and Litwick earn 365 exp a piece]
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »
"Hey!" I shout out at Samson's retreating back, "don't you run away! This is important!"

As I run after him, Victini flies out of the beret and takes point.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:07:44 PM by DonQuixote »
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »
Period: Oh, he dropped something.
Period: Felix, would you pick that up for me?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »
Felix lifts the envelope up.  It hovers at your arm level.

Samson is already in the bushes by the time you catch up to him, but  he hasn't found his previous path yet.  He turns to you as you get his attention, but seems to also be trying to struggle free of a bush. This wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't wearing shorts...
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 10:21:56 PM »
Period takes the envelope and... doesn't actually know anything about envelopes at all.  What's a sender?  Whose a recipient?  She decides to look over the outside of the 'lope for anything that may give away important clues as to the enve's purpose.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:40 AM »
"Samson," I say, as Victini flies over and begins helping with the bush, "it really is important that you treat your Pokémon like friends! I was telling the truth about that little one--it was its first time in battle. But, because I treated it with respect, it did its best for me!"

I take off my beret and scratch my head. "Battling isn't just about winning--it's about becoming stronger with your Pokémon. Don't fight to win, fight to do your best! And, if you do your best for them, they'll do their best for you! Don't be ashamed of or...try to hide..." I pause, then recover after a moment. "Don't be ashamed of your friends! If you have their backs, they'll have yours!"

Victini finally gets the boy's shorts free of the bush.

"So, um." I suddenly blush, realizing how much I've been gushing to this boy that I barely know. "D-do your best!"

I turn to run back to Period.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2013, 06:26:02 PM »
Period: Did you tell him where the pokemon center was?
Period: Also, what's this?
She shows Beatrice the mysterious paper device.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
I blink. "Pokémon...Center?" I blink again. Then, it hits me: "That idiot was running in the wrong direction!" I turn to check, but he's already gone.

"Oh...well." I turn back to Period and eye the mysterious paper device. "Oh, that? That's an envelope."

As I help Period open the envelope, Litwick settles on my shoulder.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2013, 07:45:06 PM »
Litwick feels cool to the touch.

The envelope reveals its secrets easily enough, you find a flier with an advertisement for a membership to something called "Team Rocket"
[Int checks from Period and Beatrice]

There seems to have been some money also in the envelope, perhaps an enrollment fee... yes, this flier does mention a 400 yencoin enrollment fee.  The flier also reeks of pyramid schemes
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

If Samson was applying to this, perhaps it's better for him to have left it behind.  They are advertising for recruits into the team and talking about some sort of large mining expedition with the chance for a huge monetary reward and powerful pokemon deep within the ruins near Cybelle [int checks from period and beatrice]
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
Int: 1d20-1 : 13 - 1, total 12

Int: 1d20-1 : 7 - 1, total 6

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »
Int: 1d20 : 20, total 20

Int: 1d20 : 18, total 18

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
Both of you recall the name Team Rocket, though for very different reasons.

Period, you recall some of the gadgets and gizmos at home were labelled with a big R and said "Team rocket" on them.  Early speculation led you to wonder how rockets could build machines without hands.

Beatrice, you've seen them on the news and in the paper.  Nothing recent,always some small time scams or fake pokemon nurseries.

Beatrice recognizes Cybelle.  It's in the north, it gets kinda cold up there, but the city is known for its technology.  "Cybelle, the cyber city".  It is located practically on top of some old ruins.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:48:28 PM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
Period: Oo, ruins!  I really like ruins!  I wonder if I know anyone there...  I don't know where Cybelle is, though.  Oh well!
Period: Lets keep going!  If we run into Cy or his Belle, we can deal with it then!

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »
"Cybelle is actually a city, Period," I explain. "They call it the Cyber City. It's up north, and it gets kind of cold."

Thinking about the cold makes me shiver a little. "Anyway, it's been a long day. What do you say we head back to the Pokémon Center and relax for the night?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:08 PM »
the four o clock sun rests overhead as your pokedex interrupts

"Beedrill, flying hornet pokemon"  It announces proudly "This pokemon's stinger is said to be so dangerous, even professional handlers are always aware of where beedril nests are to avoid disturbing them.  Fire moves work best"

There are also two pokemon centers that you are smack inbetween.  Which one, if any, will you be returning to?
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
Period: Oh, head back?  Well...  I guess we can?  I was kind of hoping we'd advance some, though...
Period: It's up to you, Beatrice!
Period: Oh, your classidex dinged!  Show me, show me~

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »
"Hrm, I suppose you do have a point," I respond, looking at the sun. "Tell you what--why don't we keep going until we find the next Pokémon Center, then ask them how far it is to the one after that? Then we can decide."

Looking back at Period, I smile at her enthusiasm as I pull out the link cable. "All right! Let's see what your Classifactum Device has to say about Beedrill!"

I link my Pokédex to Period's.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »
the link swaps over data and the Maleclassificarum device rings out.

"Beedrill, Giant hornet pokemon.  Avoid its stinger at all costs.  They tend to live in large nests among young weedles and kakuna.  Distubing them is about as bad an idea as it gets.  Ground types might work."
Magic do what you will