Author Topic: A three-year campaign. Down the toilet.  (Read 978 times)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
A three-year campaign. Down the toilet.
« on: August 06, 2014, 11:50:34 PM »
So. Over the course of the summer, a few party members- that is to say, myself (Clanjos), a friend (beardguy), another friend (Mike), the DM's wife, and another friend (Yami) got it in our heads that we'd be choosing our characters for the next season of Parties and Parodies, a D&D-based radio show. This is a conversation from today. Be forewarned, this ever-expanding clusterfuck took up 20 pages in a Microsoft Word document. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

http://pastebin.com/MQutXife

The gist of it is: DM prefers story over player enjoyment. Development that started last season.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: A three-year campaign. Down the toilet.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »
I still think it's incredibly stupid to decide 'we're starting at level 1 for the third season running' and not ASK if anyone else wants to start at level 1... for the third season running. At this point, I'm assuming Krib and Krezznorg are the only  non-level 1 characters.

Oh, right, I'm also the friend and the 'poor girl'. Still think it's fucking inane. Seriously, level 1, want to start with no metal? Just bloody ask.

Come on. Insult me in public (rather than completely avoiding debate that would just be 'ask your players what they want to do, damn it); I'm the most argumentative person you could ever meet. I refuse to back down on the idea that if you're going to do a totally different game to what people signed up for, you ask and don't assume they want to play. If I want play commoners, I join a game with commoners; if I want high-end craziness, I go find Oz and wait for him to post another signup. I do not join Oz's games and expect commoners killing cats; much as I won't join something with 'commoners' in the title and expect high fantasy world-saving terror.

This started with high fantasy; krib's kobold kommy kraziness shows this. So does Krezznorg's 'kill things with pirate ship' schtick. The stuff I've heard recently? Eh, nowhere near as interesting. Especially not the Self Insert crap (SI's only work in the eventuality that they're not terribly accurate, and are buffed beyond crapness. And this is in freeform RPing)...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:25:05 AM by Raineh Daze »