Author Topic: Prologue: "And what he greatly thought, he nobly dared"  (Read 19461 times)

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Prologue: "And what he greatly thought, he nobly dared"
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
Even as a flurry of spines rip into them Helena moves to act, dodging out of the way of the last spine with a whisper of promised pain.

"AGAMEMNON! Trust me and STAY IN HERE!" she shouts as she clenches a fist, willing into existence a lightly shimmering bubble right behind him that just barely covers them both.

"This won't last too long, but any of those spines that hit it will take a second or so to pass through. Hope you just got better at dodging," she huffs as blood leaks out from her injuries.

Almost as an afterthought she fires a single bolt at the closest of the beasts, hoping they'd take at least one down. Another volley or two like that last one and she'd be done for.

(click to show/hide)
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »
"I might be able to help with dodging some, picture the world a bit slower than it is now. Almost as if you were a mythical blue hedgehog." he says with a wink as he taps on her shoulder and a few others nearby.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:55:01 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2016, 08:30:50 PM »
"As you command, ma'am!" The spartan replies while smiling wryly. "In that case I will let you guys that attack at range work a little for now."

(click to show/hide)

Combat Stats
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2016, 06:18:13 AM »
The spines fail to deal any true damage to Egua's sacred pegasus, her blessings protecting the noble beast. Still the manticores manage to anger it, and Cavalo Alado charges through the skies to deliver a violent kick to the monster that appears more wounded.

Egua elegantly reloads her crossbow and releases a new bolt against the manticores.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dr_emperor

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2016, 08:14:32 PM »
The First Manticore falls, then the second to the volley from the ship,  The ship however doesn't rock as the bottom planks give way.

"The ship is taking on water,"  The captain roars.  The drumming stops.  The manticores begin flying away, the monster breaking the ship submerges again, waiting for the sailors to drown.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2016, 07:42:32 PM »
I have an idea,  but it will require anyone who can not fly to trust me.  The ship is done for,  but I think I can get everyone offor of it before it goes down.  I can open my workshop and everyone can get in.  I'll close it, make a magical flying object,  and fly us to the island.  Unless someone has a better plan. . .
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2016, 10:13:44 AM »
"I fear if we take wing we'll just reverse who the targets are, hmm... I take it your workshop is a type of hole, amiright? If so you can leave a small opening and keep it pointed towards the island for me and I'll do what I can to keep us concealed."

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2016, 02:43:32 PM »
yeah,  but it's bigger than a normal hole.  I'll need a surface to keep it open on, maybe we can use a shield?
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »
"Mine is magically bound to my arm..." *looks around to grab one*
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dr_emperor

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »
The captain sees that you all have a plan,  "men get ready we'll need to abandon ship!"

The first mate goes to cut people free from the mast that had been tied down during the storm.  The carpenter hears you talking about a door, "Ill find you a flat piece from the deck that should come loose easily."  You sense fear from the crew the monsters came from the island.

Offline Dr_emperor

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »
A Large surface is provided from the ship as the crew understand the plan.  They climb into the workshop.  The fatigue that has set in amongst the men, they follow your orders without question looking to you for safety.  The captain is easily watched and the crew is kept in line.  They barely fit inside but but they climb in anyway.  It's clear that many are confused on how the plan will work.  The Pegasus gets everyone to the island afterwords.   You see that you were coming to a bay on the Northeastern aspect of the island.

As you get on the island it becomes clear that you are horribly lost it seems that you may not even be in the Mediterranean.  Curses are heard again whispers about the lack of a sacrifice to Poseidon.  The crew is to exhausted to do anything.  Many fall asleep before lighting a campfire drenched and tired.  The captain looks at you.  "Do we light a fire, those creatures came from this island?  Will you search them out or defend us here?"

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
"I suggest we let the men rest for the night, then we hunt in the morning."

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2016, 03:39:51 PM »
Helena was as tired as many of the crew. She had opted to fly alongside the Pegasus instead of crowding with the crew. Her flight methods took little energy from her after all. Even so, being within a battle and taking the wound she had. Even healed she felt her body demanding some food for its service.

With the question to light a fire or wait posed she took a moment to consider the options before speaking up.

"I think we should wait out a fire for now, but we need to check the immediate area for threats," she claimed. "I'd sleep a little better knowing that I wasn't directly atop one of those chimera. Or at the mouth of the lair to something that couldn't fly out to the ship," she explained.

"Does anyone else agree?" she questioned the group.

OOC: What is the terrain like? Rocky cove, sandy beach with forest farther in?
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline Dr_emperor

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2016, 09:07:01 PM »
The beach is made of small pebbles with the occasional larger stone with woods surrounding the cove the weather has died down it looks at least as if that will be calm tonight.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2016, 07:05:54 AM »
Egua yawns, clearly sleepy and splashes some cold sea water on her face to delay off the fatigue.

Yeah, better to do some scouting. Best case scenario we find some natural shelter nearby.

She then pats and rubs her sacred pegasus who was nibbling in the nearby grass before mounting the beast up.

Sorry boy, we can't rest yet, still need to do some good work.

Goddess and steed then first fly above the water a bit, then upwards and closer to the coast to get a good sight of the surrounding land, looking for anything that may stand out. She'll take care to don't make the location of the ship's passengers too obvious to anyone who may be spying on them from the forest.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2016, 07:59:06 AM »
"My body does not require rest or food. I will assist in scouting. Although I should probably mention, I'm not the best scout. I can also take any watches we may require. I do need 8 hours of sedentary activity to recover and refocus my infusions though."