Author Topic: Elemental Monolith PrCs  (Read 18037 times)

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Elemental Monolith PrCs
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
AIR ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Hit Die: d8
Prerequisites: Air Elemental lv11
Level Bab Fort Ref Will Feature
1 +0 +0+2+0 Growth, Improved Air Mastery, +1 Dex
2 +1 +0+3+0 Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
3 +2+1 +3+1Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
4 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
5 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
6 +4+2 +5+2Enhanced Air Use, Airy Discorporation[

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently.

Proficiencies: An Air Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Growth: The elemental can assume Gargantuan size. It's slams deal 3d8 damage when Gargantuan,

Improved Air Mastery: The penalty airborne creatures take from Air Mastery is enhanced to -1 per 4 HD

Ability Increases: An Air Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Dexterity score at every level except 5th. At 6th level these bonuses total +5 Dex.

Enhanced Air Use: At each level except first, an Air Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Airy Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it dissolves into air and targets air instead of open flame, it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)

EARTH ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Hit Die: d12
Prerequisites: Earth Elemental lv11
1 +0 +2+0+0 Growth, Improved Earth Mastery, +1 Str
2 +1 +3+0+0 Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Con
3 +2+3 +1+1Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Str
4 +3+4 +1+1 Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Con
5 +3+4 +1+1 Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Str
6 +4+5 +2+2Enhanced Earth Use, Earthy Discorporation

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): Appraise, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering, Dungeoneering, Geography, Nature).

Proficiencies: An Earth Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Growth: The elemental can assume Gargantuan size. It's slams deal 3d8 damage when Gargantuan

Improved Earth Mastery: The bonus gained from Earth Mastery is enhanced to +1 per 4 HD

Ability Increases: An Earth Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Strength score at every odd level except, and a bonus to it's Constitution score at every even level except 6th. At 5th level these bonuses total +3 Dex and +2 Con.

Enhanced Earth Use: At each level except first, an Earth Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Earthy Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it dissolves into earth and targets earth instead of open flame, it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)

FIRE ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Prerequisites: Fire Elemental lv11
1 +0 +0+2+0 Growth, Improved Burn, +1 Dex
2 +1 +0+3+0 Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Cha or Con
3 +2+1 +3+1Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Dex
4 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Cha or Con
5 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Dex
6 +4+2 +5+2Enhanced Fire Use, Fiery Discorporation

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): The Fire Elemental Monolith's class skills are Concentration, Escape Artist, and Intimidate.

Proficiencies: A Fire Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Growth: The elemental can assume Gargantuan size. It's slams deal 3d8 damage when Gargantuan.

Improved Burn: The damage die from Burn change to d8's

Ability Increases: A Fire Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Dexterity score at every odd level except, and a bonus to either it's Charisma or Constitution scores at every even level except 6th. At 6th level these bonuses total +3 Dex and +2 Cha and/or Con.

Enhanced Fire Use: At each level except first, a Fire Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Fiery Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)

WATER ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Prerequisites: Water Elemental lv11
1 +0 +0+2+0 Growth, Improved Air Mastery, +1 Con
2 +1 +0+3+0 Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
3 +2+1 +3+1Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
4 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
5 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
6 +4+2 +5+2Enhanced Water Use, Watery Discorporation

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A Water Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Growth: The elemental can assume Gargantuan size. It's slams deal 3d8 damage when Gargantuan.

Improved Water Mastery: The penalty creatures take from Water Mastery is enhanced to -1 per 4 HD

Ability Increases: A Water Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Constitution score at every level except 6th. At 6th level these bonuses total +5 Con.

Enhanced Water Use: At each level except first, a Water Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Watery Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it dissolves into water and targets water instead of open flame, it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:02:46 PM by Draconas »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental Monolith PrCs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »
I like that this happened, I'll take a closer look when I have more time.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Why does the Air Elemental get three more options than any of the others?

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »
The air elemental base class can pick between a finesse or high-power option three times, so it has more options to upgrade.
But since all the abilities only work if you have the preceding ability, getting more then six is still worthless.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
The air elemental base class can pick between a finesse or high-power option three times, so it has more options to upgrade.
But since all the abilities only work if you have the preceding ability, getting more then six is still worthless.

That explains that, I'm too lazy to actually look through all four base classes.

That aside, everything looks good to me!  Nice to see that fire elementals can avoid killing EVERYTHING if they want to.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
Yeah, those all look pretty nice overall.

My only critique is that you put all four in a single post, which isn't that convenient for reading/indexing. :p

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
Text for improved oppressive heat references blistering heat.

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »
Yeah, those all look pretty nice overall.

My only critique is that you put all four in a single post, which isn't that convenient for reading/indexing. :p
Sorry! :banghead
Now I just need to finish up the Omnimental.(which oddly enough is turning out to be very castery and focused more on manipulating the elements)
Then I can get started on the Primal Elementals!(Which really only included another size increase and iterative slams so I'm making them capable of enhancing their abilities by converting their element into a more primal :P version for the 20th level capstone and outright defying the normal behaviors of their elements for the 35th level capstone to do thinks like make vaccuums for air or floating islands for earth.)

Text for improved oppressive heat references blistering heat.
Fixed, thanks!

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
Um...
Osclecamo, are you going to add these to the Index, and if not, can you tell me what I need to fix so they'll be usable?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 06:51:55 AM »
Again, please put each prc on its own post. They don't need to be all one after the other or at the begginning (so you could re-post them in this thread after this), but they need to be in diferent locations so that they can be indexed better.

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »
Posting them seperate.  Sorry it took so long, my computer was sent in to be fixed right before I moved back to college on the other side of the Country, so it took a while.

AIR ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Prerequisites: Air Elemental lv11
1 +0 +0+2+0 Growth, Improved Air Mastery, +1 Dex
2 +1 +0+3+0 Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
3 +2+1 +3+1Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
4 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
5 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Air Use, +1 Dex
6 +4+2 +5+2Enhanced Air Use, Airy Discorporation[

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently.

Proficiencies: An Air Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Growth: The elemental can assume Gargantuan size. It's slams deal 3d8 damage when Gargantuan,

Improved Air Mastery: The penalty airborne creatures take from Air Mastery is enhanced to -1 per 4 HD

Ability Increases: An Air Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Dexterity score at every level except 5th. At 6th level these bonuses total +5 Dex.

Enhanced Air Use: At each level except first, an Air Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Airy Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it dissolves into air and targets air instead of open flame, it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »
EARTH ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Hit Die: d12
Prerequisites: Earth Elemental lv11
1 +0 +2+0+0 Growth, Improved Earth Mastery, +1 Str
2 +1 +3+0+0 Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Con
3 +2+3 +1+1Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Str
4 +3+4 +1+1 Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Con
5 +3+4 +1+1 Enhanced Earth Use, +1 Str
6 +4+5 +2+2Enhanced Earth Use, Earthy Discorporation

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): Appraise, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering, Dungeoneering, Geography, Nature).

Proficiencies: An Earth Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Growth: The elemental can assume Gargantuan size. It's slams deal 3d8 damage when Gargantuan

Improved Earth Mastery: The bonus gained from Earth Mastery is enhanced to +1 per 4 HD 

Ability Increases: An Earth Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Strength score at every odd level except, and a bonus to it's Constitution score at every even level except 6th. At 5th level these bonuses total +3 Dex and +2 Con.

Enhanced Earth Use: At each level except first, an Earth Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Earthy Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it dissolves into earth and targets earth instead of open flame, it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:03:50 PM by Draconas »

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
FIRE ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Prerequisites: Fire Elemental lv11
1 +0 +0+2+0 Growth, Improved Burn, +1 Dex
2 +1 +0+3+0 Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Cha or Con
3 +2+1 +3+1Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Dex
4 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Cha or Con
5 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Fire Use, +1 Dex
6 +4+2 +5+2Enhanced Fire Use, Fiery Discorporation

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): The Fire Elemental Monolith's class skills are Concentration, Escape Artist, and Intimidate.

Proficiencies: A Fire Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Improved Burn: The damage die from Burn change to d8's

Ability Increases: A Fire Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Dexterity score at every odd level except, and a bonus to either it's Charisma or Constitution scores at every even level except 6th. At 6th level these bonuses total +3 Dex and +2 Cha and/or Con.

Enhanced Fire Use: At each level except first, a Fire Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Fiery Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »
WATER ELEMENTAL MONOLITH

Prerequisites: Water Elemental lv11
1 +0 +0+2+0 Growth, Improved Air Mastery, +1 Con
2 +1 +0+3+0 Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
3 +2+1 +3+1Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
4 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
5 +3+1 +4+1 Enhanced Water Use, +1 Con
6 +4+2 +5+2Enhanced Water Use, Watery Discorporation

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.): Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A Water Elemental Monolith gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armour.

Features:

Improved Water Mastery: The penalty creatures take from Water Mastery is enhanced to -1 per 4 HD

Ability Increases: A Water Elemental Monolith receives a bonus to its Constitution score at every level except 6th. At 6th level these bonuses total +5 Con.

Enhanced Water Use: At each level except first, a Water Elemental Monolith chooses one of these options. It may also take the Extra Option feat for this class feature.

(click to show/hide)

Watery Discorporation: 1/day, the elemental can use the power Fiery Discorporation, save that it dissolves into water and targets water instead of open flame, it does not need to make a will save to succeed, and it does not affect anything worn or carried. In addition, anyone seeing the elemental use this ability must succeed on a Spot Check with DC 10+HD+Dex mod to realize it has not died, since dissolving into their element is what Elementals do when they actually die. Since the elemental does not exist while discorporated, it does not regain abilities with a limited use per day.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
Nice, added to the prestige class section!

Offline Yogibear41

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 02:09:42 AM »
The Earth Elemental Prestige class appears to have improved air master for an air elemental instead of improved earth mastery for an earth elemental.

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
The Earth Elemental Prestige class appears to have improved air master for an air elemental instead of improved earth mastery for an earth elemental.
Fixed, thanks!

Offline Yogibear41

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 02:28:07 AM »
Your welcome  :)  There is only one problem.

Improved Earth Mastery: The penalty creatures take from Earth Mastery is enhanced to -1 per 4 HD

"Earth Mastery (Ex): An earth elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the elemental takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. (These modifiers are not included in the statistics block.) Additionally, an Elemental may move across any sort of earth or stone (such as jagged rocks, quicksand, and similar terrain) at its normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment."

There is no penalty given for Earth Mastery to other people you see  :)  Unless of Course you want the Earth Elemental to get worse with levels.

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »
Your welcome  :)  There is only one problem.

Improved Earth Mastery: The penalty creatures take from Earth Mastery is enhanced to -1 per 4 HD

"Earth Mastery (Ex): An earth elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the elemental takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. (These modifiers are not included in the statistics block.) Additionally, an Elemental may move across any sort of earth or stone (such as jagged rocks, quicksand, and similar terrain) at its normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment."

There is no penalty given for Earth Mastery to other people you see  :)  Unless of Course you want the Earth Elemental to get worse with levels.
:banghead
Fixed, thanks.