Author Topic: Evil Is Our Game [Closed]  (Read 21353 times)

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Is Our Game [Recruiting]
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
The first post states the power level is equivalent to levels 9-14 on D&D scale. Does this mean that assuming I do something that's mostly a melee beatstick, I can have a few more levels, but if I am a full caster, I would be stuck at level 9? For my Darth Bane concept, I think level 12 or so would be quite ideal.

I think I can get my character done tomorrow.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
The first post states the power level is equivalent to levels 9-14 on D&D scale. Does this mean that assuming I do something that's mostly a melee beatstick, I can have a few more levels, but if I am a full caster, I would be stuck at level 9? For my Darth Bane concept, I think level 12 or so would be quite ideal.

I think I can get my character done tomorrow.

Great!  12th is fine; there's no "philosophy" to it like that, the range is to allow people with characters they already have to play them without modification.  You can even go 14 if you like.

Also, a note for you and others -- feel free to finish working on your character on the board; you don't need to have it done before you transfer.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »
I am still trying to figure out how to simulate a lightsaber. Could I perhaps reflavour the Fire lash of the Pyrokineticist? If so, I am only lacking Force push and Force lightning to cover his most iconic powers.

I can't use the incarnation of Darth Bane I love the most, the one with orbalisk armour, because he would have to be pretty much immune to physical damage, so that is one problem out of the window!
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
Are you making him in 3.5?  You could do star wars d20, could you not?

I actually have stats for a d20 lightsaber somewhere, I'll dig them out for you.  And, orbalisk armor should be ok, I would think.  Let me check.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »

I actually have stats for a d20 lightsaber somewhere, I'll dig them out for you.  And, orbalisk armor should be ok, I would think.  Let me check.
The orbalisk armour was statted in d20 Star Wars at some point. It sucked compared to the version in the novels, but it was still rather excellent. So far I think I might be able to pull him off as a Psychic Warrior.

I am going to take a look at the d20 Star Wars options as well, if you think that is alright.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »

The orbalisk armour was statted in d20 Star Wars at some point. It sucked compared to the version in the novels, but it was still rather excellent. So far I think I might be able to pull him off as a Psychic Warrior.

I am going to take a look at the d20 Star Wars options as well, if you think that is alright.

Of course!  Whichever works best.  :)

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 03:41:40 PM »
IIRC the d20 SW lightsaber does vitality damage or something, but that doesn't really convert well. I would be happy to just use the damage and looks of the weapon there.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline DrHorrible

• Merciless idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 04:16:17 PM »
I sent a request for the board.
Believe.

Offline DrHorrible

• Merciless idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »
Okay, I was in the middle of the psionic brawler building when I found a sheet from an old IRL game.

It was the second DnD game I have ever played. Good ol' 3rd edition.

I was 11 years old and my general idea of the classes was: "Ok, the Fighter is good with weapons and the Wizard has powerful spells but if I play a Rogue I can steal the Fighter's weapon, the Wizard spellbook and kick their asses!"

Needless to say, that character was a Rogue and I spent every single session we played pick-pocketing everything that moved.

:lmao

Unfortunately, as it always happened in our IRL group, we closed that campaign after 6-7 sessions or so, and I never got the chance to play a Rogue again because of a friend of mine (DMing that campaign) obsessed with Dragonlance's Tasslehoff, always taking that role.

That said, I inevitably had a change of heart and decided to play a Rogue.

The change is in no way related to the Primal Soul that you brewed for me, sir. I am extremely grateful for the work you put into it and I hope this change of mine doesn't upset you. The change is rather to blame on a better suitability of the Rogue idea for the game we're about to play.

Now, for the progression talk, I had various ideas, involving psionics and shadowmind or arcane magic and unseen seer but then, I decided to go for a maybe less optimized route, but one that my 11 year old self would have loved. One that also my present-self loves, for that matter.  :lol

The concept is that of a highly skilled rogue, a guy that can get anywhere without being seen or heard, one that always prefers to avoid the fight and go straight for the treasure, one that loots the enemy without even hurting him.

Dark(LA +1) Whisper Gnome Rogue 5/Thief Acrobat 3/Hoardstealer 4/Exemplar 1

I would have also loved to build a character that used little or no magic items, only mundane stuff, a guy that didn't want to depend so much on objects, but on his skills instead. As I'm writing this post and I think of the challenges a medium-high level can present and the money we are given, I realize that part would be extremely hard to work out but I'll try to stay as low-magic as I can.

Believe.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
No problem, go for it.  :)  Hopefully someone else will find the Primal Soul useful, and I think it turned out very well, so I'm happy I did it.  It also got me going on posting some of my homebrew ideas, so that's good as well.

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 03:10:46 AM »
What about Pathfinder(3.P)?

Have an idea for a Green Dragon.

BTW, be warned that there may be maneuvering through cramped areas, so being too big could be a problem.

Well if Pathfinder is okay, then LA is determined by CR.

Mature Adult Green Dragon(CR13) with one level in a character class?

This allows me to do what I am/was oringially planning. And a concept I've wanted to try for quite sometime.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2011, 06:55:02 AM »
Would Psionic Swiftblade be out of the question? I was thinking about doing an Ardent entry to that, but I would also need a method for accessing Psionic Haste. Could work with alternative ACFs of Ardent.

Edit: Considering a Battle Sorcerer entry as well. We'll see, the CL hit is going to suck.

The psionic version would probably look like this: Human Paragon 1/Ardent 1/Human Paragon 2/Ardent 1/Swiftblade 8 or 9. Doesn't seem too bad, we'll see if I can figure good feats.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:22:35 AM by Tshern »
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »

BTW, be warned that there may be maneuvering through cramped areas, so being too big could be a problem.

This allows me to do what I am/was oringially planning. And a concept I've wanted to try for quite sometime.

That would be fine (though again my note about cramped spaces).

Would Psionic Swiftblade be out of the question? I was thinking about doing an Ardent entry to that, but I would also need a method for accessing Psionic Haste. Could work with alternative ACFs of Ardent.

Edit: Considering a Battle Sorcerer entry as well. We'll see, the CL hit is going to suck.

Either of those are fine.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:31 AM »
Good, good. I edited this to the previous post, but I'll put it again here for convenience.

I am looking at something like this: Human Paragon 1/Ardent 1/Human Paragon 2/Ardent 1/Swiftblade the rest. Dodge and Mobility are prerequisites, so I need them. Then I'll probably stack on Practiced manifester, Able learner and Knowledge devotion as well as Power attack. Three feats to go!

Edit: Is lightsaber an exotic weapon? If so, I need a proficiency for that as well.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »
Why the Able Learner and Human Paragon?  Just curious.

I love Ardent builds.  And advancing Ardent manifesting with the HP levels is fine.

I can't suggest many feats, as I don't know Darth Bane's abilities very well.  For a swiftblade I would think Travel Devotion would fit; Improved Initiative seems a must.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
Ardent alone is kind of boring. Human Paragon nets a bunch of neat skills I can keep forever with Able learner and with the point buy we have I can invest to intelligence and keep fueling Knowledge devotion. HP also gives a bonus feat, decent BAB and all. Nothing to lose really. Thanks for the leniency with the Ardent shenanigans.

The three remaining feats are just going to be melee boosters. What kind of boosters, I don't know. Haven't built a melee character in ages!

Edit: There should be a Sith mantle. Would make this easier.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:44:55 AM by Tshern »
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline DrHorrible

• Merciless idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

That would be fine (though again my note about cramped spaces).

Either of those are fine.

Oslecamo brewed a feat for monsters, deceptively innocent form, or something like that, that granted the monster the ability to alter self to a creature like a kid or an old man. That would take care of the cramped spaces thing.

Also, a CR 13 Green Dragon would count as a 7th level Sorcerer, so I guess that could help him find other solutions to the problem.

Here it is: oslecamo's feat
Believe.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2011, 11:29:29 AM »
A placeholder for my character build.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:49:16 AM by Tshern »
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2011, 11:34:32 AM »
Tshern, if you apply for the group you can finish char-building in the forum.  I'm having each person set up their own thread for personalized discussion, to organize everyone.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2011, 11:43:04 AM »
Tshern, if you apply for the group you can finish char-building in the forum.  I'm having each person set up their own thread for personalized discussion, to organize everyone.
A brilliant idea, thanks. I'll move what I have started when I get accepted.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys