Author Topic: Low-End OOC thread.  (Read 86269 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Low-End OOC thread.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »
Well, I was going to be focusing on buffing anyway, so the feats aren't much of a loss. I suck with feats, getting bonus feats just makes it worse. :lmao

What's Medal of Valor from?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »
I like your suggestions and will go with them.  I'll flesh out a little bit more about the "how binders work in this setting" part and then you can integrate it into the world however you see fit.

Does the goverment have any name except The Government?

The Grand Open Veritable Enlightened Republic of Neo Motavia, Espers, Nei and Termina.

The Government it is. :P

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
What's Medal of Valor from?

Magic Item Compendium (possibly somewhere else as well but that's the most recent printing.) 3/day +1 to your inspire courage bonus. It may have another minor bonus as well.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »
I believe there may be room for one more yes, in particular with the Faster Paced rules.
:love

I'm thinking a pew, pew (from range) character. All good in the hood if I go it?
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »
Is the bonus skillpoint from Nymph's Kiss multiplied?

Also, what knowledge skill goes with what machine, again?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:39:38 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »
I believe there may be room for one more yes, in particular with the Faster Paced rules.
:love

I'm thinking a pew, pew (from range) character. All good in the hood if I go it?

I'm going ranged but there's definitely room for another ranged character.   :)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »
I expect they'd fall under similar limitations, though. So... basically looking at things on a case-by-case basis.

I think Spirits are usable outside of the ship, though? I'll have other options from that. I think.

Yes, you can still use spirits while outside your personal machine.

Is the bonus skillpoint from Nymph's Kiss multiplied?
No. It's already good enough as it is.

Also, what knowledge skill goes with what machine, again?
Arcane Robot-Arcana
Divine Robot-Religion
Real Robot-Nobility and Royalty
Super Robot-The Planes
Ship-History

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Ugh, I just added all of the vestiges I can bind to my character sheet.  That took awhile, I'll finish it later.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 05:56:27 PM »
Fair enough.

I think I'm finished, might need to have the battleship stats fixed.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 12:28:08 AM »
I don't suppose that that Numan Artificial Talent racial ability could give me a +1 to Effective Binder Level with the caveat that it can't be used to qualify for higher level vestiges?

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 01:11:52 AM »
:)
I kinda wanted to play something simple. And as I haven't played a Ranger, I was like, "Standing there and going fwip-fwip seems good."

Osle, can Mecha's be considered a Favoured Enemy? Or are they a subtype? Purely for interest's sake. I don't think running at a big tin man would go well for most people.
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 01:16:09 AM »
I kinda wanted to play something simple. And as I haven't played a Ranger, I was like, "Standing there and going fwip-fwip seems good."

Osle, can Mecha's be considered a Favoured Enemy? Or are they a subtype? Purely for interest's sake. I don't think running at a big tin man would go well for most people.

I'm playing something that is horribly complicated and Ranged Combat isn't a dedicated focus for me.  I'll be kind of all over the place abilities wise so we won't be stepping on each others toes any, no worries.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 04:34:11 AM »
I don't suppose that that Numan Artificial Talent racial ability could give me a +1 to Effective Binder Level with the caveat that it can't be used to qualify for higher level vestiges?
I'm fine with that.

Yes, you can take Favored Enemy (mecha).

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 08:36:25 AM »
I'm going ranged too. Right now we only have one melee guy in the group. But, depending on the setting, we might not need more than that. Up until now we have a binder, a ranged ranger, a ranged fighter (me), and a ship captain. Do you think another melee guy is needed, Oslecamo? Because, if we do and there's no more players,I might respec.
Another thing, the modern/futuristic weapons in the DMG don't have prices. How can we purchase them?

EDIT: Sheet is almost ready.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:38:37 AM by Scout89 »
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »
I'm going ranged too. Right now we only have one melee guy in the group. But, depending on the setting, we might not need more than that. Up until now we have a binder, a ranged ranger, a ranged fighter (me), and a ship captain. Do you think another melee guy is needed, Oslecamo? Because, if we do and there's no more players,I might respec.
Another thing, the modern/futuristic weapons in the DMG don't have prices. How can we purchase them?

EDIT: Sheet is almost ready.

Strictly speaking, the Captain is ranged too. Mostly because the ship has a beam cannon attached. :lmao

We're refluffing things, last I checked. So... Light Crossbow is probably some sort of basic pistol (I expect it shoots glowing green bullets) and a rapier... highly advanced alloy. Studded Leather? Cheap, beginner energy field. XD

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
If it is thought that we need another melee guy I'll do it, I've never played a Binder before but they've got a lot of melee support.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »
It's your call, Nanshork. But I can specialize in melee very easely if you'd not to.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »
Isn't Kuro in this? Wasn't he saying something about swinging a sword around, or was that a mis-post?
If not not, I'm more than happy to go beatstick/meatshield/pouncy mc chargington

I just thought we already had one of those guys, and then a rogue. Along with binder, who i mistook orignally for a beguiler (don't even ask how I did that), bard and one other - who I've now realised is ranged.

You guys called it first, so I'm quite happy to run amok in melee.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 11:34:11 AM »
Oh, I forgot! The melee guy was a rogue. Maybe we need another tank?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
Concerned Ninja Citizen is also playing a melee guy.