Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167602 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #640 on: July 11, 2018, 12:41:19 AM »
Sorry for repeating the question, I just needed the size category to do the disarm rolls. I'll get my post up tomorrow.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #641 on: July 11, 2018, 09:07:53 AM »
So here's something I did

(click to show/hide)

On related news, how would you feel about adding a more strategic layer to the campaign? As in since you're collecting quite a bunch of NPCs you can send them to investigate certain areas of the above map and also better plan how to split yourselves. Securing important squares would grant you extra raw resources and reputation that you could assign to help your exploration of Ragol (rules pending).

Or we can continue with the current method of getting quests objectives and dropping right into them.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 11, 2018, 10:24:49 AM »
I like that, but only because it tickles my management fancy.  :P Not sure how it'd work for everyone else.

...I also pretty much have the least number of commandable NPCs.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 11, 2018, 11:17:53 AM »

Excuse me? Do I look like I'm commanding anything? :P

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 11, 2018, 01:49:29 PM »

Excuse me? Do I look like I'm commanding anything? :P

You command anybody who doesn't want a nuclear hug, you're on top of the list.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 11, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
As Kat acquires a fanclub of creepy lookalikes.....

Going back to my immediate action, were there any AoEs made by the enemies to dodge? Like the blinding flash of blind?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:16:04 PM by ketaro »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 11, 2018, 08:23:01 PM »
I'd be up for using my NPCs more. Let's face, I barely read PH's wiki and when I do I learn about irrelevant things from itger timelines anyway. Sending NPCs in various quests could be a great way to learn about things. And fluff in more worshippers of course.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 12, 2018, 02:00:41 AM »
Seems like there's several people interested in strategic NPC use and nobody explicitly against it.

Going back to my immediate action, were there any AoEs made by the enemies to dodge? Like the blinding flash of blind?

The blinding flash of blind was an AoE after-effect indeed, but also a Will save one. Otherwise the only one.

I'd be up for using my NPCs more. Let's face, I barely read PH's wiki and when I do I learn about irrelevant things from itger timelines anyway.
If you're gonna read anything you should really start at the start since it seems like you haven't played any of the games instead of jumping straight at the latest multi-parallel-path timeline.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 12, 2018, 02:05:12 AM »
The blinding flash of blind was an AoE after-effect indeed, but also a Will save one. Otherwise the only one.

Well I can see it lets me apply the miss chance to AoEs too....

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 12, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »
Extras are always nice. Even if the other stuff wasn't there it makes perfectly good sense to me to send NPCs ahead anyways, as a majority of them are supposed to be under the direct command of the PCs, as opposed to just allies that help out. At least in this case. Thinking about it, R.I.N is pretty much a exploration/mining vessel anyways.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:52:33 AM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 12, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
Let's Play videos are like the bane of the Internet :(

Anyway, currently getting my rear handed to me in rl as everyone dramatically thinks they are dying. I should get my post up tomorrow provided deputies don't decide to go on an arresting spree.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 12, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »

Well I can see it lets me apply the miss chance to AoEs too....
I rolled the miss chance, you dodged the blindness after all.

Let's Play videos are like the bane of the Internet :(

They are all screenshot LPs. Great for reading on mobile.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 12, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »
Screenshot-heavy and all the text has been shrunk has never been my idea of good for mobile. :p

I read those at some point and have completely forgotten what goes on.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 13, 2018, 12:33:03 AM »
I trust you at least still remember who Nei is. :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 13, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »
... Numan? PS2? That's all I remember. :p

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 13, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
All I know is Nei is feminine enough for Hugo, but that doesn't say much.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 16, 2018, 01:13:52 AM »
soro_lost: The crit was from the Heavy Beam, so Phase Shift Barrier doesn't work against it. Also unless otherwise noted damage multipliers work by D&D scaling so 1/4 guard combined with 1/2 empyreal results in 1/5 damage, not 1/8.

Kuromaiken:
There's some problems with your actions:
-You can't just use regular teleport on unattended objects by themselves, a creature needs to go along.
-Even if you could the disks still need to suffer one point of damage to break and activate the spell inside, and that would demand at least 10 feet of free fall space and your average humanoid's cockpit isn't that spacious.
-It was already discussed that it's not viable to try to teleport anything inside a mecha's cockpit. And case in point if any mage could just reliably teleport stuff like bombs inside cockpits, then this wouldn't be a mecha setting because mechas would just be glorified targets.

(and even in normal D&D you don't see anybody taking out big monsters just by teleporting nasty stuff inside their stomaches either)
-You really should properly update Murakumo's stats. Your disk launcher will be a hybrid in-built super weapon that throws disks instead of dealing damage.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:54:19 AM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 16, 2018, 02:16:52 AM »
Teleport Object is what Kuro would want here, but even that is only a single object per casting.

To break them in that situation, instead of having them fall from 10+ feet he'd have to teleport them inside the walls of the cockpit but on the side closer to the inside of the cockpit and not the outside of the mecha and that'd require knowing exact specifications of the exact target mecha lol.

Honestly, I just recently noticed a note on teleporting into/onto moving objects on the PFSRD that pretty much could apply to explaining how to get teleporting inside a mecha's cockpit to work.
By the way…
Because ships are constantly in motion, the caster of spells of the teleportation subschool must have line of sight to teleport onto a ship. Otherwise, a caster must scry upon a particular ship first, then immediately teleport to the scryed destination. Any delay in casting means the ship has moved from its scryed location and the spell fails.

Source Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide

Does not necessarily mean we can use such a ruling from probably a 3rd party source, much less PF rather than DnD regardless of how much the systems works together because I think we're not playing a PF game ( :P) but I did immediately think back on that quote after reading Hugo's posted actions and Os' response referencing that past discussion about teleporting into cockpits. ;)

/2cents

Edit: Gosh, I need to get back around to making my post and come up with some amazing (but probably terrible attempt at doing so) gloating because Kat is surviving these constant barrages so gloriously.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:19:19 AM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 16, 2018, 03:08:43 AM »
Teleport Object is what Kuro would want here, but even that is only a single object per casting.

To break them in that situation, instead of having them fall from 10+ feet he'd have to teleport them inside the walls of the cockpit but on the side closer to the inside of the cockpit and not the outside of the mecha and that'd require knowing exact specifications of the exact target mecha lol.

Honestly, I just recently noticed a note on teleporting into/onto moving objects on the PFSRD that pretty much could apply to explaining how to get teleporting inside a mecha's cockpit to work.
By the way…
Because ships are constantly in motion, the caster of spells of the teleportation subschool must have line of sight to teleport onto a ship. Otherwise, a caster must scry upon a particular ship first, then immediately teleport to the scryed destination. Any delay in casting means the ship has moved from its scryed location and the spell fails.

Source Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide

Does not necessarily mean we can use such a ruling from probably a 3rd party source, much less PF rather than DnD regardless of how much the systems works together because I think we're not playing a PF game ( :P) but I did immediately think back on that quote after reading Hugo's posted actions and Os' response referencing that past discussion about teleporting into cockpits. ;)

/2cents
A fine analysis, but you're forgetting a key detail:

See, some may think mechas have fixed shapes, but the truth is they're constantly changing in more or less subtle ways. It's one of the reasons why they're such an efficient and terrifying combat weapon, you think you have a clear shot at the cockpit and in the next moment their structure has changed to make your attack innefective! :P

Edit: Gosh, I need to get back around to making my post and come up with some amazing (but probably terrible attempt at doing so) gloating because Kat is surviving these constant barrages so gloriously.

If anything great to see that the lethality's been significantly toned down since the campaign start and player mechas aren't dropping as easily as at the beginning.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 16, 2018, 03:25:38 AM »
If anything great to see that the lethality's been significantly toned down since the campaign start and player mechas aren't dropping as easily as at the beginning.

Well it sure as hell takes me a ridiculous amount of work just to scrape by here still haha -_-'