Author Topic: New guys thread  (Read 26168 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New guys thread
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 08:47:54 AM »
Spotting the new arrival, Bloodaxe sweeps into a deep bow, gesturing for the lady to take his place in line. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Bloodaxe, former king of Rudvic and current charming rascal. Talents I shall gladly employ in your direction, for you have the most arresting features, m'lady. It's the snakes, you see. Always had a thing for them. Especially ones with a little bit of a thing for murder sprees."

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »
"Perchance might any of you have problems with ghosts or be unwilling to sign a non-disclosure agreement?"

"I have already written in that paper that I have no problems with undead... As long as they don't get on my nerves. And what kind of agreement are you talking about here? "

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »

"Is this a normal occurrence?"

"24/7."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
Slithering in through the front door, a many-armed snake woman makes her appearance at this place of establishment; seemingly coming in at the end of a line of other people...it seems.

"Is this where one can alleviate sudden cases of boredom? Things have been awfully dull of late...And solicited murder sprees and burglaries sounded like the proper diversion between work."

Noticing what looked like some fairly lengthy applications, she sheepishly added to her intro. "Is all that necessary...? Uh, mm, what if I said I can't write? Or read. Or...lots of words I can't be bothered with?"

"Mostly we'd prefer to know if you have a problem with ghosts or singing a non-disclosure agreement.  The form is mostly to warn us of whats coming if we hire you."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »
"Perchance might any of you have problems with ghosts or be unwilling to sign a non-disclosure agreement?"

"I have already written in that paper that I have no problems with undead... As long as they don't get on my nerves. And what kind of agreement are you talking about here? "

"There are secrets Guild Members will know that shouldn't get out.  You are required not to reveal them to non-Guild members under penalty of having your soul eaten by a vengeful Deity."

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »
 "No problem, I can do that. But can't really guarantee that if I get drunk. Will do my best though."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »
She passes out paperwork saying the following: I, the undersigned, do hereby agree not to willingly divulge the secrets of my Guild on penalty of having my soul eaten by Benny the God of Fear."

For those who sign:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:41 PM »
"What an interesting legal document," Wellesley says as he signs. When the subsequent text appears, he raises an eyebrow. "So what is it with this guild, and the ghost whores?"
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 08:15:27 PM »
Pat looks over the paper turning it over once as though looking for more details and then signs it.

"Still not the weirdest contract I have signed."
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 08:54:01 PM »
"What an interesting legal document," Wellesley says as he signs. When the subsequent text appears, he raises an eyebrow. "So what is it with this guild, and the ghost whores?"

"The building is cursed, we inherited them when we bought the place up, and they make a nice security force despite technically being very illegal.  Try not to mention them to anyone."

A ghostly female dwarf appears briefly hovering in the air before your and points at your nose and says "DIBS!" before going poof again.

"You'll get used to them."

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »
"And the crowd outside?"
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 01:21:49 AM »
Spotting the new arrival, Bloodaxe sweeps into a deep bow, gesturing for the lady to take his place in line. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Bloodaxe, former king of Rudvic and current charming rascal. Talents I shall gladly employ in your direction, for you have the most arresting features, m'lady. It's the snakes, you see. Always had a thing for them. Especially ones with a little bit of a thing for murder sprees."

"Oh really now? Having a thing for snakes is usually how people meet me. " she responds with a coy smile, her tail slowly waving back and forth.

"Mostly we'd prefer to know if you have a problem with ghosts or singing a non-disclosure agreement.  The form is mostly to warn us of whats coming if we hire you."

"Oooh, you knooow, the usual things that come with contracting demons for services~ Usually anything you want. Yes?"

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:30 AM »
"And the crowd outside?"

"You'll probably have to get used to them till we save the city again."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:20 AM »

"Oooh, you knooow, the usual things that come with contracting demons for services~ Usually anything you want. Yes?"

"You'll be getting paid in room and board if you wish, and gold, for solving others problems.  No soul theft.  It's against the Law here.  And one of our residents might object."

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2015, 04:16:41 AM »
"It's not theft, it's a long term rental plan~! But not my department anyways. Deal-ee-oh then." the snake woman takes one of the contracts and signs it as Shaktari.

"Shak'ri, by the way. Yes I can spell my own name. Being able to leave a signature is a very important skill!"

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 08:09:09 AM »
"Oh really now? Having a thing for snakes is usually how people meet me. " she responds with a coy smile, her tail slowly waving back and forth.

Bloodaxe winks at her, slightly mesmerized by her flicking tail. "I pity those who haven't been able to hold up under your charms. There's such a world of delights they are missing out on."

She passes out paperwork saying the following: I, the undersigned, do hereby agree not to willingly divulge the secrets of my Guild on penalty of having my soul eaten by Benny the God of Fear."

For those who sign:
(click to show/hide)

Bloodaxe eyes the document before him, then shrugs and signs it. With "BRB, cooking bacon."

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 08:48:10 AM »
"There, signed. Now, when do we start pillag.... I mean, exploring ancient ruins and looting its valuable remains?" Says Kulgan in a rather eager tone.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »

Bloodaxe eyes the document before him, then shrugs and signs it. With "BRB, cooking bacon."

The secretary gives you the stink eye.  Your instincts tell you she is a lil tougher than she appears.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2015, 06:14:09 PM »
"There, signed. Now, when do we start pillag.... I mean, exploring ancient ruins and looting its valuable remains?" Says Kulgan in a rather eager tone.

"Soon as someone makes of us a request to do so.  We get various assignments.  Find my cheating husband.  Find a sentient being I can cohabitate with.  Guard my daughter from the Pit Fiends.  Stop the Wights from ghost raping my people.  You know various Adventurer's Guild type stuff."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
The secretary gives you the stink eye.  Your instincts tell you she is a lil tougher than she appears.

He hands it back. "Madam, I prefer not to smell like a rotted corpse. I shall leave that to you."