Author Topic: Rise of the Runelords in Stormreach (3.5 Rules)  (Read 2847 times)

Offline DMCuindless

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Rise of the Runelords in Stormreach (3.5 Rules)
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »
I started a new campaign using the 3.5 rules. I'm using the "Rise of the Runelords" adventure path as a starting point, though modifying each adventure to suit my needs. The game is taking place in the city of Stormreach in the Eberron Campaign Setting. There are 6 players: A female human Jotunbrud fighter; a male gray elf artificer; a male human cleric; a female human druid; a female human swashbuckler; and a male human Dragonborn of Bahamut sorcerer.

We ran a short intro adventure to get the PCs together. It took place on a boat to Stormreach. First they were attacked by Arrowhawks, and the druid almost died in the first attack. The PCs rallied and were able to fight them off. Next they insulted the Sahuagin guide and had to fight off him and his friends. Meanwhile they talked and chatted about their back stories and became acquainted. The female Jotunbrud fighter found a great deal of success in punching, grappling, and squeezing monsters to death after losing her polearm to a successful disarm attack, so she's considering changing focus from polearm tripper to unarmed fighter. We'll see as the campaign continues.

Offline DMCuindless

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Runelords in Stormreach (3.5 Rules)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:27:20 AM »
Game Session 2:

So, the player characters came to Stormreach on the eve of the Burning Titan festival. After a brief stop at the Wavecrest Tavern, it was on to the festival itself. The PCs made some money participating in local contests and games (wrestling and dagger throwing), and of course there was a lot of drinking (and associated Fortitude and Will saves). When the goblins attacked, the PCs were mostly a few drinks in, though a couple had decided they didn't want to get smashed and were okay to fight. Once again human woman fighter PC (supposedly a polearm tripper) beat and strangled goblins to death with her bare hands. She has decided that unarmed combat is the way to go (she's thinking Fighter/Lion Totem Barbarian/Fist of the Forest). During the course of the evening while they roamed through town helping to quell the goblin invasion, they met Bereschel d'Deneith (spokeswoman for House Deneith in Stormreach) and one "Lord Sir" Gerald Goodblade. They all reached level 2 by the end of the night.

Offline DMCuindless

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Runelords in Stormreach (3.5 Rules)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:40:53 PM »
Game Session 3:

Mostly an RP night with very little combat. The PCs met with Bereschel d'Deneith, shared some drinks and had some laughs, before her father, Greigur, came and hauled her out of the tavern by her arm. The PCs stared hard at him but did nothing to stop him. They recognized that attacking the leader of a Dragonmarked House was political suicide. Following that, they went on a boar hunt with "Lord Sir" Gerald Goodblade. During the course of that outing, the Gray Elf Artificer became quite suspicious of "Lord Sir" Gerald Goodblade, and now he suspects the man is a con artist. They went around town looking for work, and were approached by two guards who wanted help investigating the Crypt of the Guard, which they noticed had been broken into. After going in and killing the two skeletons (and the discovering the discarded "Robe of Bones"), they noted that the bones of a local hero had been stolen. They returned to the tavern to enjoy their roasted boar, where Gerald Goodblade introduced them to Shalelu Andosana, a ranger who knows a bit about the local goblin tribes.