Author Topic: The Crown's Courtyard (OOC general discussion)  (Read 37454 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: The Crown's Courtyard (OOC general discussion)
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2019, 07:30:28 AM »
I just have 6 less AC than listed at the moment is all. 20 AC at level 10 -_-'

Oh, well, with Zen Trance I guess I go back up to 26 so *shrugs*. We'll see how this goes, I shouldn't actually need to do any more changes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:32:46 AM by ketaro »

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2019, 09:07:23 AM »
Like a shield, if you use it to attack you can't use it to defend, but you can also take that fighter feat that allows to do so with a shield to apply to your pincer.
Which feat is that? If you mean agile shield fighter, I’m not taking that, the feat tax is awful. :P

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »
I just have 6 less AC than listed at the moment is all. 20 AC at level 10 -_-'

Oh, well, with Zen Trance I guess I go back up to 26 so *shrugs*. We'll see how this goes, I shouldn't actually need to do any more changes.
Cough more backstory cough. What were you doing before Bonnie made it ok for angels and infernals and vampires to be seen in public? Did you fight for either side? Did you exercise your right to vote? Where have you been hanging? What do you do when poor boring people come begging you for help?

Like a shield, if you use it to attack you can't use it to defend, but you can also take that fighter feat that allows to do so with a shield to apply to your pincer.
Which feat is that? If you mean agile shield fighter, I’m not taking that, the feat tax is awful. :P
Improved Shield bash just needs shield proficiency to be taken which you should have from your fighter levels.

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »
I’m a bit confused now. If I took that, would I be able to make a normal claw attack? Or would I need to do a shield bash?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2019, 09:57:26 AM »
Claw attack.

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 10:30:06 AM »
Oh ok, cool, thanks. I should have a first draft of a character for you shortly - I’ve done most of the levels, I just have feats, gear and a backstory to figure out. Am I allowed to take a template? Eg magic blooded etc.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2019, 11:42:31 AM »
Ok, that's ability score to stat stacking nerfed accross ToBhou and monster classes as per Raineh Daze's suggestions.

Edit: Except now the change to Oni Brawler requires me to redo all my defensive choices again when i was finished -_-

Isn't that just AC? You could just grab some basic armor and shield and that should do the trick.

Which reminds me just to be sure, your character sheet's attack bonus seems to have you performing iteratives with all of your unarmed strikes and natural weapons. That's a typo or actually you have something that allows you to pump iteratives with all of that? Because I did the combat math assuming no iteratives from you.

In theory though, he could just have what I'd like to call a "Blood Doll" handy. This is basically a character with Naberius bound and Con pumped through the roof. Let's say... 18 con. He drains up to 16 points of con and gains 64 blood charges, and 16 hours later, she's all set to be sucked dry again.

...You know, I could actually see a market for "foodstuffs" designed that way...

EDIT: And on that note, can I have a Blood Doll Einherjar?  :D
EDIT2: What happens if one blood drains a creature summoned through Nocturne in the Moonlight?

One "blood doll".

Nocturne in the Moonlight would make blood charges from summons last until you use Children from the Night again (unless you spend them first).

I think you just broke that.

The end sum of the process ends up being positive if you use it for quantity over quality. Let's say you go for the SNA IV version. For the cost of 9 blood charges, you can get 2-4 Dire Wolves to snack on. At 17 Con, with Light Eater et cetera, that's 68-136 blood charges for an initial cost of nine. As long as you keep enough blood charges on you to use Children of the Night at least once, you can repeat the cycle.

What are we using to generate Einherjar, cohorts, spawn and whatnot? I kinda want to discuss with you what kind of followers would be cool for Hector to have.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2019, 01:26:58 PM »
I'm having trouble finding a second class that calls to me.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an active abilities class that benefits a killer android who uses both ranged and melee attacks?

I get a bunch of passive abilities and some manuevers already.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2019, 01:39:39 PM »
As you already have high Wis, what about Psychic Warrior or War Mind?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »
Ignore my stats, those are also under adjustment.

My main issue there is that most psychic warrior powers are buffs and more of those would definitely put me over the edge.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2019, 03:27:57 PM »
Nytemare, you're transferring to a MW sheet? Traitor!

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2019, 03:42:23 PM »
>.> I'm just using MW cause it's more convenient and helps me not slack. I kinda of prefer just posting one here.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 03:46:38 PM »
>.> I'm just using MW cause it's more convenient and helps me not slack. I kinda of prefer just posting one here.

I'm just calling him out because he's transferring away from the character sheet template that I made.   :p

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »
Vira is done except for 0 level spells, stances, and one maneuver granted by a feat.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 05:13:41 PM »

My main issue there is that most psychic warrior powers are buffs and more of those would definitely put me over the edge.
Take something flavorful and/or with abilities that don't necessarily synergize with your main build?

I gave Hector two levels of Bard just because.  :p
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »

Take something flavorful and/or with abilities that don't necessarily synergize with your main build?

I gave Hector two levels of Bard just because.  :p

If you have a suggestion I'm all ears.  :p

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »
Couple questions:
Given that I have some monk levels and so have unarmed strike, and am planning to play it so unarmed strikes are my primary with claws as my secondary (and so take -5 to hit), if I used http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/wolf-fang-strike - would this work with my crab attacks making them at -2 for the one attack instead of -5?

How would this http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/iron-heart-focus--3649/index.html work in a forum based game? Every ability like this I've seen you've had to say you want to use it after the dice have rolled but before the outcome is known - this maneuver doesn't say that, so you could rule it either way, but regardless I feel like I'd need to make sure I either catch when you attack me quickly or you'll end up waiting on me in case I use something like this. Not sure how it would work out - can you let me know?

Thirdly: What format would you like my character sheet in?

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 06:32:22 PM »
Have completes the background story and personality of Atkirza Suitra, and have also introduced the "Cenobites of the Doombringer" as a setting element of the Hoar faith that tries to funnel devils towards societally acceptable lawful evil acts.

Have left the final decision of the order open-ended, as it hasn't been decided yet what faction the character will be assigned yet. Either way, there will be pain galore - chain devils wouldn't enjoy it any other way.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2019, 06:43:51 PM »
Oh ok, cool, thanks. I should have a first draft of a character for you shortly - I’ve done most of the levels, I just have feats, gear and a backstory to figure out. Am I allowed to take a template? Eg magic blooded etc.

Only 0 LA ones.

Ok, that's ability score to stat stacking nerfed accross ToBhou and monster classes as per Raineh Daze's suggestions.

Edit: Except now the change to Oni Brawler requires me to redo all my defensive choices again when i was finished -_-

Isn't that just AC? You could just grab some basic armor and shield and that should do the trick.

Which reminds me just to be sure, your character sheet's attack bonus seems to have you performing iteratives with all of your unarmed strikes and natural weapons. That's a typo or actually you have something that allows you to pump iteratives with all of that? Because I did the combat math assuming no iteratives from you.

In theory though, he could just have what I'd like to call a "Blood Doll" handy. This is basically a character with Naberius bound and Con pumped through the roof. Let's say... 18 con. He drains up to 16 points of con and gains 64 blood charges, and 16 hours later, she's all set to be sucked dry again.

...You know, I could actually see a market for "foodstuffs" designed that way...

EDIT: And on that note, can I have a Blood Doll Einherjar?  :D
EDIT2: What happens if one blood drains a creature summoned through Nocturne in the Moonlight?

One "blood doll".

Nocturne in the Moonlight would make blood charges from summons last until you use Children from the Night again (unless you spend them first).

I think you just broke that.

The end sum of the process ends up being positive if you use it for quantity over quality. Let's say you go for the SNA IV version. For the cost of 9 blood charges, you can get 2-4 Dire Wolves to snack on. At 17 Con, with Light Eater et cetera, that's 68-136 blood charges for an initial cost of nine. As long as you keep enough blood charges on you to use Children of the Night at least once, you can repeat the cycle.

What are we using to generate Einherjar, cohorts, spawn and whatnot? I kinda want to discuss with you what kind of followers would be cool for Hector to have.

Derp you're right Noctune now makes it that you can't get blood charges from permanent summons.

As for minions at game start, you can get a max level cohort in specific and everything else as if you were one level lower, everybody elite array of stats.

Couple questions:
Given that I have some monk levels and so have unarmed strike, and am planning to play it so unarmed strikes are my primary with claws as my secondary (and so take -5 to hit), if I used http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/wolf-fang-strike - would this work with my crab attacks making them at -2 for the one attack instead of -5?

How would this http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/iron-heart-focus--3649/index.html work in a forum based game? Every ability like this I've seen you've had to say you want to use it after the dice have rolled but before the outcome is known - this maneuver doesn't say that, so you could rule it either way, but regardless I feel like I'd need to make sure I either catch when you attack me quickly or you'll end up waiting on me in case I use something like this. Not sure how it would work out - can you let me know?

Thirdly: What format would you like my character sheet in?
1-The whole "primary" and "secondary" attacks only matters for attack rolls when you full attack. Wolf Fang Strike is not a full attack so the -5 penalty wouldn't apply.

2-If the effect doesn't specify you can use it after knowing the outcome. For reactive immediate effects that must be used before the outcome is known I would prefer if you say something in your IC posts beforehand (if X happens I'll use Counter Y or something).

3-Anything readable should be fie, but my personal preference would be an actual post in the character forums so it's faster to look at and easier to quote.

Have completes the background story and personality of Atkirza Suitra, and have also introduced the "Cenobites of the Doombringer" as a setting element of the Hoar faith that tries to funnel devils towards societally acceptable lawful evil acts.

Have left the final decision of the order open-ended, as it hasn't been decided yet what faction the character will be assigned yet. Either way, there will be pain galore - chain devils wouldn't enjoy it any other way.
Ok, looking nice at first glance, I'll take a closer look later.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »
As for Leadership and cohorts, I am only looking towards a Cleric 8 of the Hoar faith who will load me up with Greater Magic Weapon times x, Magic Vestment and other long-term buffs at midnight, or later for the start of the adventuring day. Afterwards the cohort and the followers can fuck off to stay far, far away from any actual danger.