Author Topic: The Crown's Council (team Mexilhoeira IC)  (Read 13468 times)

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
Re: The Crown's Council (team Mexilhoeira IC)
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
Ghu'Del looks supiciously down at Noin and back to Ozielle. "They don't seem 'nice'...fairies are always trouble, and all these seem to want to do is obstruct us without giving us any real information. Are you sure you want me to let this one go? I could...shake the answers we need out."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 01:40:43 AM »
Ozielle nods. "I'm sure. It looks like the naughty fairies don't know anything anyway, they're just here to waste my time because they weren't told anything important."

She smirks to herself.

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2019, 06:18:32 AM »
Ghu'Del looks down at the fairy in his claw distrustfully then lets her go. "Sounds like you're probably right - maybe we should look elsewhere and play fun games with those other people."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:51 AM »
:"T-Thank you Ozielle..."

Noin flies away a bit to a safer position, some tears still in her face.

"Hey, we totally know important things!"

“Like where and when to next meet Airy so she could give us her reward for playing with you!”

“But we'll never tell you!”

“No matter how much you shake us!”

: "...Airy will be behind the Ruby Bug inn in downtown at the moment of the feather, two hours from now in your time Ozielle. You're a nice friend. Friends should help each other and then help back.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2019, 11:56:31 AM »
"You're welcome Noin. And thank you Ain, you are so helpful! I've never had fairy friends before, I'm glad that we met. I just wish these other fairies were nicer to you."

Ozielle is happy that it looks like fighting can be avoided, Marina obviously has some enemies here and it would be better if no one knew what her true capabilities were.

Also these fairies aren't bad, just deluded. Ozielle has some maternal instincts gained from raising Marina and these fairies are like naughty children. They just need to be tricked into being better.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2019, 01:26:25 PM »
Atkirza looks a bit disappointed.

"Aww, what a boring turn of events.

But fairies are no fun anyway, they always break so quickly before you get even close to the peak of pain and pleasure. I hope we will run into some sterner stock when the band battle tonight comes!"

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:13 AM »
Aware of the visible fairies questionable movements Emily would point in the direction of Ozielle. "Eh? She'll be fine. Well she should be. If not she probably has no business doing this job." Melody, who didn't even see her point, replies before getting Atkirza's telepathic message. "Heh, see they got a handle on it. If they need us she can tell us directly."

Melody would mingle in with any bands and groupies she could as she heads to registration. And it seems it may be a good idea to do so, as Viborata updates the situation. Before actually signing up she sighs, "Looks like it's just me and you," Emily nods. Melody grins, "It's not like we weren't rocking before we got those two"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 03:09:07 AM »
:"I never had a doll friend this big either! Only some little dolls. And they didn't talk on their own, you're a lot more fun!"

: "Enjoy the festival, and if you want to play again just call our names out loud, we'll find you!”

Then when Melody and Viborata are waititing to sign up, an half-fiend elf brandishing a guitar lands near them:

"Heeeyy, you said you had some boring work to do and instead I find you here joining the band battle? I, the great genius of music Desmond, will not stand for this!"

Followed shortly by an harpy carrying a packed set of drums in her back:

"Yeeaaahh don't think you can escape Agatha's sights! There's some serious competition around today, so if you want any chance of winning, your only hope is teaming up with us! Wait, who's that fancy crew with you? You trying to steal Melody and Viborata from us?"

Agatha the harpy trying to look and sound scary but she comes out more as energetic.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 09:03:35 PM »
"I'll remember that, have fun yourselves!" Ozielle says.

She then walks away, her machines following.  She motions her companions to follow as well.

Assuming they manage to get away from the fairies, she quietly says, "And now we know where to find a fairy leader.  She should be more...informative."

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 10:31:54 PM »
Kazimir returns to the visible spectrum, finally lets out the breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"I've noticed a lot of movement among Vaidade's supporters. It appears quite a few of the Fae in town are supporters. I would hazard a guess that a lot of these "harmless" ones are being used either willingly or as dupes to sow enough chaos to cover for Vaidade's more meaningful movements. That said, I don't have any further leads on that. I did however make arrangements for a pre-show meeting with Metal Pesado if you would prefer to follow up on that instead."

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2019, 05:14:29 PM »
"Are all these fairies going to be your friends? Will we get to play games with this leader, or do we have to be boringly friendly again?"

Ghu'Del also listens to Kazimir, then says "Who are 'Metal Pesado'? They sound interesting."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »
Ozielle snorts delicately. "I doubt that Airy who sent fairies out deliberately targeting me will be so easily distracted."

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
"Not those sorts of games...I mean games I can play with these", Ghu'Del says, temporarily changing a hand into a clacking pincer, then changing it back again.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2019, 04:27:45 PM »
"I too would be up to that sort of games. I really, really hope Airy will give us reason to!" adds Atkirza with glee.

Meanwhile at the registration stand, Viborata is trying to suss out what the two new guests are up to, flirting a bit with Desmond here and chatting with Agatha about the music and the festival there, but to no avail. She still remains unsure about what's going on.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2019, 10:40:46 PM »
"Are all these fairies going to be your friends? Will we get to play games with this leader, or do we have to be boringly friendly again?"

Ghu'Del also listens to Kazimir, then says "Who are 'Metal Pesado'? They sound interesting."

Kazimir looks at Ghu'Del and furrows his brow slightly, mildly annoyed that Ghu'Del has already forgotten one of the secondary targets.

"Metal Pesado" is the band who represents Automática. Planting a divination on one of their aides is one of the angles I planned to use, since they are least likely to have powerful mages onhand to detect and remove such a niche spell. They are also the most likely to be making a move at any moment since they either don't rest, or are actually multiple bands pretending to be one band."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 04:56:31 PM by Nytemare3701 »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2019, 02:54:41 PM »
Melody actually seems relieved a bit when the two show up, despite them having the nerve to scold her. "Well I had no idea that this mission involved the charity concert or I would have brought you two." she says, shrugging. This mission was supposed to give me more clout than a stupid free concert. But apparently there's more going on here than meets the eye. However that's a matter for later, just know this is the most important gig we have played together so far." She notices Viborata, "Oh, this is the rest of my band... I'm a musician. But I'm no bard! And no Agatha, this is just the team for the mission. I don't even know them yet..."

Emily simply waves at the two when they show up, ignoring Desmond's bravado and looking at Agatha expecting conversation as they are the most "talkative" with each other of the rest of the band. On her part its mostly people somehow knowing what she means despite making no actual vocalizations.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »
This mission was supposed to give me more clout than a stupid free concert. But apparently there's more going on here than meets the eye. However that's a matter for later, just know this is the most important gig we have played together so far."

“I’ll do my best whatever the stakes, when did I ever do any less?”-boasts Desmond.

“While you were there yapping I got a bunch of forms. Whoever wants to join tonight’s band battle, now will be the time where there’s still some vacancies. Doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to play as long as you can make some loud noise or at least look cool on stage. Plus worst comes to worst always nice to have some nice muscle and magic as back up to the show.”-Agatha distributes a bunch of paper forms to the party members.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2019, 11:17:45 PM »
After you fill and deliver your applications for tonight’s Band Battle, you follow the leads you heard about to Metal Pesado’s place.

You’re soon in the more industrial part of Beja, with plenty of activity all around as smiths and assorted artisans work at increased pace to keep up with the festival’s demands-and also to make sure they’ll be finished with everything in time to view the Band Battles themselves. Wagons with assorted supplies crowd the streets, while above there’s some smaller elemental airships loading and unloading crates and even some fairies seem to have been hired to deliver packages through the aerial routes.

The place you’re lead to at first seems like a sealed abandoned workshop in some back alley, windows and doors shut, but as you approach you start hearing the clear signs of work from inside too, which were drowned out while you were in the main street from the louder sounds of activity.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2019, 02:18:44 AM »
Kazimir hangs back behind the party and keeps an eye out for a pattern among the workers. He's on the lookout for whichever aide would be most involved with tasks like scheduling and information control, as they would be the perfect candidate for a the mark spell.

(click to show/hide)

Whispering to the party before they enter:
"If we are lucky, our target will have been sloppy enough to extend their reliance on fae agents to include the band's contacts. If Metal Pesado has a scheduling secretary with gossamer wings and a miniskirt I'm recategorizing our target from tasteless to literal villainous cliche."

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2019, 05:43:21 AM »
Ghu’Del hangs back, waiting for Ozielle to do the talking, since she seems to be a lot better at that than he is. He has a check behind him to see if the party is being followed at all.

Spot 1d20+18 : 10 + 18, total 28

Listen 1d20+12 : 4 + 12, total 16

Sense motive 1d20-1 : 2 - 1, total 1

(click to show/hide)