Author Topic: Iaijutsu Focus Guide (How to make your opponent flat-footed) Handbook Discussion  (Read 6109 times)

Offline bruceleeroy

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Hey man, what it look like?
    • View Profile
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8741.0 <--- The handbook being discussed.

I'm not very experienced with formatting on forums, so if anyone has any tips about making it easier to read, please let me know. Also, when considering material to add, please check to make certain that it's not a "dex-denied" condition rather than a "flat-footed" condition.

Eventually, I may expand the handbook to cover sneak attack and sudden strike, but more than likely I'll just link to some of the already existing handbooks on those topics.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:07:13 AM by bruceleeroy »
Normally, I would be reading this, open the reply box, decide what I had to say didn't need said, and close out. But this is just too ridiculous.

Offline Ithamar

• I'm not new!
    • View Profile
The Low Blow feat from Races of Faerun lets you enter a larger foe's space and attack once as a full round action.  The foe gets an AoO, but they are flat-footed against your attack.

Offline bruceleeroy

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Nice find.
Normally, I would be reading this, open the reply box, decide what I had to say didn't need said, and close out. But this is just too ridiculous.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Link to the handbook in the OP pls?

EDIT: Other ways to gain IF.

Aereni Focus feat (PGtE 20)
Skill Knowledge feat (UA)

Are you including any 3rd party material or homebrew?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:39:20 PM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline bruceleeroy

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Negative on the homebrew. I'll include Dungeon magazine and Dragon Magazine material. Not sure if that counts as third party. Maybe the occasional third party stuff, if I can access the source somehow. I have some in hard copy, some in PDF, but not a heck of a lot.

Offline HughDonGnomy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Sorry, I posted something stupid ~ I'm new, please forgive me
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:08:53 AM by HughDonGnomy »

Offline Gavinfoxx

• OwO
    • View Profile
You forgot Savant from Dragon Compendium as a way of getting it.
PM Me for my IM screennames (Steam, Telegram, Discord)

Offline DurianArcanis

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
I have no idea if you're still keeping up on this bruceleeroy but I did stumble upon an interesting way to impose the flat-footed status upon someone even if it is only a oneshot setup.  The Bladeshimmer oil in Complete Scoundrel (pg114) lets you coat an item or weapon and turn it invisible.  When attacking with a weapon coated with Bladeshimmer the target can attempt a Spot check to notice something unusual (DC to notice is Sleight of Hand check +10 for oil's competence bonus) and if they fail the check (or don't make it at all) they are rendered flat-footed against that attack.  The oil is wiped off after one successful use though unless there's a good way to make oils permanent or at least more than single use like that.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
You forgot Savant from Dragon Compendium as a way of getting it.
Another class that gains it is Sohei (OA).