Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130751 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2016, 07:44:05 PM »
I want to bring up the Superbook again.  The more they talk about it (a lot of the talking is in the comments section), they more it looks like this has the potential to completely replace the need for tablets (unless you're going for the giant tabletop tablets).  Also, they've got a referral program now so if you use my link to get a superbook then I get free stuff.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2016, 09:09:46 PM »
Hexels 2.0 : The completely modular Catan game board (Funding ends August 26th) - I'm not sure if this one is going to make it, but I really like the concept behind it and they've proven that they can deliver.  If you like Settlers of Catan or know someone who does, check it out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
I'm going to plug Fate of the Elder Gods again.  If they manage to get a good chunk of money in the next week everyone will get a free expansion that will retail at $30.  Check it out if you haven't already.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »
This is a gofundme that is pretty important to a friend of mine to get her life back on track.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 12:56:48 PM »
PolyHero Dice - Wizard Set

Nice dices with Wizard-y themes.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »
To continue the dice theme:

Polyhedral Dice Set: 7 Viking Dice (Funding ends September 5th) - The dice themselves aren't OMG amazing in my opinion, but what really excites me about this kickstarter is that you can mix and match dice instead of being force into buying full sets.  Do you want a bunch of d10's for your viking VtM character?  You can do that.

Wondrous Dice - Precision 6061 Aluminum Multi-Colored Dice (Funding ends September 10th) - If you've ever wanted aluminum dice that are mottled between two colors like resin/plastic dice commonly are, this is the kickstarter for you.

Copper Metal Gaming Dice - 21 Emerald CZ Stones - AMAZING (Funding ends September 7th) - Have you ever wanted a d6 that was very obviously a display piece?  Pledge for this kickstarter and you can get a d6 made out of almost pure copper and the pips are all hand set cubic zirconia stones.

13 & 15 sided dice ( D13 & D15 ) w/ DCC & other sets (Funding ends September 15th) - If you're like me, you like weird obscure dice.  This is the place for that.  Check it out!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »
Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, Powered by GURPS (Funding ends September 30th) - I never got into GURPS, but this is a GURPS compatible sword and sorcery RPG by Steve Jackson Games.  The thing is, Steve Jackson Games is really behind the times.  Pdfs are an add-on (and an expensive one at that).  I'm not interested but I figure that someone here might be.

Adorable Monsters (Funding ends October 17th) - A cute quick game about making your monsters scary and other people's monsters adorable.  Check it out.

Villains and Vigilantes\ 3.0: The Mighty Protectors RPG (Funding ends September 18th) - A superhero RPG by a well established rpg community member (Jeff Dee).  Looks pretty interesting.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2016, 08:27:14 PM »
Deadlands Classic 20th Anniversary Edition (Funding ends September 29th) - A re-release of the original Deadlands game.

Deadlands: Good Intentions (Funding ends September 29th) - A large campaign for the current Deadlands game.

Interface Zero 2.0: Cyberpunk Action for the Pathfinder RPG (Funding ends October 12th) - A conversion of the Interfac Zero 2.0 game (Savage Worlds ruleset) to the Pathfinder ruleset.

Dungeons On Demand: Volume 4 - 5E DnD Dungeon Adventures (Funding ends October 13th) - This one is pretty self-explanatory.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
Wasteland 3 (Funding ends November 3rd) - This one isn't a kickstarter, it's on a new site called fig that was created by big names in the video game industry and is only for video games, also you can be a legitimate investor.  Anyways, I enjoyed Wasteland 2 and how the company treated their customers in general about that game so here you go.

Scion 2nd Edition Tabletop RPG (Funding ends October 22nd) A second edition of the Scion RPG.  If you aren't familiar with Scion, check it out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »
I've got a handful of interesting ones today.

Bears vs Babies - A Card Game (Funding ends November 17th) - Another game by the creators of Exploding Kittens.  I'm not sure if I want to back this one, but it sure looks crazy (in a good way).

Helios Touch Modular Lighting (Funding ends December 17th) - A pricey but very cool wall mounted modular lighting set up.  Check it out.

Goblins of Elderstone - The Goblin Tribe Simulator (Funding ends November 12th) - To quote the creators, "We love playing village and city building games and have been inspired and influenced by games like the Anno series, Banished, Stonehearth, Rimworld and the Settlers series." This looks really cool if they can pull it off.

Waterloop: The Canadian SpaceX Hyperloop Competition Team (Funding ends November 18th) - Crowdfunding a hyperloop.  I'm not normally interested in kickstarter's that won't give me something cool, but this is actually cool in it's own right.

Cthulhu Crusades (Funding ends November 29th) - A cool looking card game about storming other player's castles to steal their copies of the Necronomicon!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
I've been neglecting telling all of you about Kickstarters, time to fix this.

Dashbot: Add AI to Any Car for $49 (Funding ends December 17th) - Adds lots of voice control as well as other features to your smartphone (this is more advanced than Cortana/Google Now/Siri, check out the videos).

Sam & Fuzzy Vol 5 and New Series Hardcover Set (Funding ends December 21st) - I really like this guys webcomics so anything that supports him is good.

Vast: The Crystal Caverns - Second Printing with Miniatures (Funding ends December 18th) - I didn't notice the first Kickstarter for this game, but it looks awesome!  It's an asymmetric game where everybody is going after another person (for the most part, in the case of the cave your goal is to collapse on everyone).

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »
re: dashbot

i have been considering putting an android based unit in my truck, that way i can have apps like Waze handy without killing my phone...

dashbot seems like a nice alternative...

then i notice it is powered by 'chip'. i have a 'chip', neat little thing.... damn near useless :p

im probably going w/ the android option... kickstarters (like chip) have consistently pissed me off.
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
re: dashbot

i have been considering putting an android based unit in my truck, that way i can have apps like Waze handy without killing my phone...

dashbot seems like a nice alternative...

then i notice it is powered by 'chip'. i have a 'chip', neat little thing.... damn near useless :p

im probably going w/ the android option... kickstarters (like chip) have consistently pissed me off.

My family got a Chip, from what they told me it was just something to mess around and play games with.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »
Curtain Call  (Funding ends December 28th): To quote the Kickstarter, "A card based game of community theater drama, hijinks, and betrayal."  People I like the work of are working on it.  Check it out!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
I forgot the link to Curtain Call and nobody noticed.  My poor low traffic thread.

I fixed it.

Also, if you're still interested in Goblins of Elderstone you can preorder it here.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2016, 08:39:30 PM »
I check the thread for updates regularly.  I just don't have much spending money, so anything posted here has to really catch my interest or I won't click on it.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:35 PM »
I check the thread for updates regularly.  I just don't have much spending money, so anything posted here has to really catch my interest or I won't click on it.

Ugh, does this mean I need to actually work on making interesting blurbs?  I like my lazy explanations.  :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
Okay, I guess I need to up the sales talk.

Spheres of Might A New Pathfinder Martial System (Funding ends: February 15th) - Do you play Pathfinder? Do you like the Spheres of Power system?  Do you wish that martial characters had more stuff to do?  If you answered Yes to any of those questions (or you just want to look at a cool system that's compatible with 3.5), check this out.  There's even a preview.  Check it out, the preview has things for martials that are out of combat/skill based!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2017, 08:23:28 PM »
BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - Isometric Post-apocalyptic Adventure (Funding ends February 18th) - A nice looking game, worth looking into.  The best selling point I can give is they've got a game out for free, there's a link to it in the Kickstarter.  Play that, see if you like their games, and then decide.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2017, 12:02:46 AM »
The Dragon Tray It's a wood and leather dice tray for looking stylish as you roll your dice, and keep them confined so they don't scatter across the table and onto the floor!  Many different styles, finishes, and colours to pick from, and at higher tiers they have more expensive woods.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.