Author Topic: Ready for the next episode  (Read 13422 times)

Offline Hallack

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • With Jetpacks
    • View Profile
Ready for the next episode
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:01 AM »
I'm very glad the boards are back as are many others from the looks of the traffic. 

Just wanted to say that I'm ready for the next podcast too.  Time to get the mikes out, get drunk, have fun, and create some more infotainment :)

Offline Complete4th

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
    • The Complete 4th Edition
Re: Ready for the next episode
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
Ditto.

I'm also curious about a topic which I don't think has been covered in any of the 'casts: house rules. I'm very into house rules, and I think it'd be fun to hear the BGs' ideas about them: why they have such a bad rap with some gamers, how to make house rules that don't contribute to that bad rap, the different motivations that cause house rules, etc. Maybe even some talk about specific house rules for specific games. D&D 3.x house rules could fill several episodes all by itself...not that I'd want to hear that much on that specific topic. ;)

Edit: Just found #24. Updating my brain...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:58:53 PM by Complete4th »

Offline BG_Josh

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
We have two episodes recorded.  the primary stumbling blocks for getting them edited are illness and family obligations.  And they will still be done as soon as possible

House Rules is a great idea for an episode.

Offline Complete4th

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
Real life sucks, don't it?

I'll be looking [far] forward to the next house rules episode; it'll be fun to find out if any of you have changed your opinions. At one point in an early episode, you or Zeke mentioned that D&D 3e has no major issues. Which I'm sure is accurate in comparison to RIFTS, but conflicts with the conventional wisdom of current D&D forums. As I'm sure you know. ;)

Offline Hallack

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • With Jetpacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:21:58 PM »
Well, hope all get to feeling better. 

Offline Marco0042

• Lurker
  • RPG podcast fan
    • View Profile
    • Area 42, where gamer's go
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »
you or Zeke mentioned that D&D 3e has no major issues.

I can't say that I agree with your memory Complete4th. Perhaps you missed the hint of snarky sarcasm. One of the reasons these guys started BG is a result of their involvement with the WotC boards. Even before 4e was released I don't recall such an opinion, perhaps I am wrong but I don't think so.
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has
to be us."
 - Jerry Garcia

Offline Stabbald

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 08:49:52 AM »
The BG's havn't released a full length episode in nearly four months. I am concerned that this podcast has died, or will do shortly.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
The BG's havn't released a full length episode in nearly four months. I am concerned that this podcast has died, or will do shortly.

Their stated goal a couple of podcasts back was to release lots of short episodes rather than one big one and like Valve does with half life, have managed to get short but not lots.

Offline Complete4th

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
you or Zeke mentioned that D&D 3e has no major issues.

I can't say that I agree with your memory Complete4th. Perhaps you missed the hint of snarky sarcasm. One of the reasons these guys started BG is a result of their involvement with the WotC boards. Even before 4e was released I don't recall such an opinion, perhaps I am wrong but I don't think so.
I don't remember sarcasm, but you may be right. Hopefully we'll find out.

Offline BG_Meg

• BGalicious
  • Honorary Mod
  • Keepin' bitches in line since 2009
    • View Profile
    • Games by Play Date
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 08:28:44 AM »

October isn't 4 months! That was a "real" episode.
I NEED YOUR HELP!

Back my game, please! And then tell 10 other people to back it. Finishes September 3rd!

PACK the PACK Kickstarter is LIVE!

Wanna chat? www.twitter.com/bg_meg

Offline BG_Meg

• BGalicious
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
    • Games by Play Date
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »
Ditto.

I'm also curious about a topic which I don't think has been covered in any of the 'casts: house rules.

That could be very cool. There is a good podcast called You Can Hack It that, while not entirely about house rules, is about hacking a system to do what you want. I'm not too into that sort of thing so I've only listened to a couple of shows, but they were quality.
I NEED YOUR HELP!

Back my game, please! And then tell 10 other people to back it. Finishes September 3rd!

Offline BG_Meg

• BGalicious
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
    • Games by Play Date
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:41 AM »
I'm also thinking of releasing a sort of solo-show about Burning Wheel. I went to Burning Apocalypse Con (alone) and have new revelations about the game. Anyone think that could be of interest?

By solo I mean no Josh or Zeke. It would be just my opinion.
I NEED YOUR HELP!

Offline Stabbald

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 08:13:46 AM »

October isn't 4 months! That was a "real" episode.

Yeah right. Quote from the description...

"This episode is a teaser for what is to come this season, the first real episode will be out ASAP or sooner."

Can't trick us that easy. The October episode was an advertisment, albeit a humorous one.  :P

Offline Darth Krzysztof

• Lurker
  • Texan Metal Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • World of the Unlikely & Bizarre
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 11:25:13 PM »
I'm also thinking of releasing a sort of solo-show about Burning Wheel. I went to Burning Apocalypse Con (alone) and have new revelations about the game. Anyone think that could be of interest?

I'd be interested in this. I still haven't played Burning Wheel, and I can't really tell by reading it if it's my cup of tea or not.
"Crap, yes, but sometimes people love crap." -Geddy Lee,
"The 'Real' History of Rush, Episode 2: Don't Be Rash"

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
Yes, I would love to hear about the merits of Burning Wheel!
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline Hallack

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • With Jetpacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »

I for one would be interested in the Burning Wheel insights.  It is a system that intrigues me but I have not yet tried to get my group to play.

Offline Marco0042

• Lurker
  • RPG podcast fan
    • View Profile
    • Area 42, where gamer's go
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:22 PM »

I would love to hear that. Perhaps you could do a follow up with Walking Eye Jenn. I have really enjoyed their actual play sessions, and she was a riot during the AW shows.  :clap
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has
to be us."
 - Jerry Garcia

Offline Complete4th

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 12:15:17 AM »
Ditto.

I'm also curious about a topic which I don't think has been covered in any of the 'casts: house rules.

That could be very cool. There is a good podcast called You Can Hack It that, while not entirely about house rules, is about hacking a system to do what you want. I'm not too into that sort of thing so I've only listened to a couple of shows, but they were quality.
Thanks! Wish they had more episodes.

Offline Dragon Snack

• Lurker
  • Game Store Owner
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Snack Games
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »
I'll repeat my advice to the BGs.  When RL is interfering, you have to just choose a time, make it an appointment, and stick to it...

Easy for me to say without kids, but if it's going to fit in you have to make it fit in.
If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Offline 10d10

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »

It would be very interesting. I'm very close to buying a BW Gold Edition, but I'm still unsure if it'll compensate the migration from Pathfinder and nWoD to BW. Your insight on the system will be much appreciated, Meg :)