Author Topic: the end might be near?  (Read 20628 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: the end might be near?
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
Happy belated birthday.

That's terrible news. I hope it works out in a way that results in you getting your meds.

:hug
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
Mass hugs  :hug

We're rootin' for ya!

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »
well..i post from a room in ICU, i came in Tuesday night/Wednesday morning which due to the asthma, having to put a tube down my mouth to breath i missed the hunger games marathon at the theater  :shakefist but my brother was able to get my refund on a gift card.

i'll be moved to medical floor at some point today which means i should be out by Saturday...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
 :hug  good luck brudda

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »
I'm alive = uhh Happy Birthday (?)

Amerivantage

Xolair

ICU

wtf are the Bean Counters having trouble with here?

$ of Xolair <<<<<<<<<<<<<< $$ of ICU
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
lol, it's not that simple wish it were. The xiolair tones down the reaction and amerivantage come jan 1st no longer covers the new mexico state. But i will be up in Albq by then hopefully  which will give me a better chance to see about that thermal bronical thing that i mentioned a few pages back.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
so it looks like i will get to go home today

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2014, 06:07:11 PM »
congrats, and prayers for your health!

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »
so, this past week i was again in the hospital due to asthma and pneumonia, which required me to be put on a breathing tube. It was taken out on Tuesday and i got out of the hospital today. I do have a slight fear that every time this happens my life expectancy and or lung capacity goes further down hill.

In march, i got in a for a bone density test,to see how well my bones are doing after everything that's has gone on with them.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2015, 01:14:35 AM »
 :hug :hug

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »
So, I just got out of the hospital today, i had a breathing tube inserted again. I'm waiting for the insurance to say okay on the shots that i need, but i have decided that if the insurance  declines to do the shots, if i go back into the hospital i'm not going to have a breathing tube inserted. Basically I am sick and tired of dealing with it and it gets harder and harder to bounce back from each visit. If i do pass on, I'm going to take steps mainly letting my mom know who to contact for this forum to let you crazy ppl know.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »
So, I just got out of the hospital today, i had a breathing tube inserted again. I'm waiting for the insurance to say okay on the shots that i need, but i have decided that if the insurance  declines to do the shots, if i go back into the hospital i'm not going to have a breathing tube inserted. Basically I am sick and tired of dealing with it and it gets harder and harder to bounce back from each visit. If i do pass on, I'm going to take steps mainly letting my mom know who to contact for this forum to let you crazy ppl know.

Can't you somehow take this to court? Force the state to foot some of your medical bill? Do something, anything?

"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2015, 11:42:33 PM »

Can't you somehow take this to court? Force the state to foot some of your medical bill? Do something, anything?

No, i'm already on medicare and medicaid so,it's an insurance thing. But I have a friend who is a lawyer writing the insurance company a strongly worded letter this week.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2015, 02:38:35 AM »
 :hug

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
Holy shit I hope things work out.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »

No, i'm already on medicare and medicaid so,it's an insurance thing. But I have a friend who is a lawyer writing the insurance company a strongly worded letter this week.

Damn, that's tough. I've read that some americans are going to Cuba to seek cheaply available medical treatment, have you looked into it?
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »
Hugs.

Good idea on Lawyer-ing up.
It shows you're still "F"ighting.

The new mental health parity laws, require access to that if you need it.
You need it, given how close to dead zero, your crisis is.
Can't breathe is torture, effectively Waterboarding by med care denial.
And having yet another impending Death slapped in your face again and again.

Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »
So, it's been awhile since I last updated my health.

Anyway,last week (the morning of the 11th) had my right hip replaced just like the left one was replaced, however the operation itself went smooth but afterwards my left lung collapsed  and so I had a breathing tube inserted (ruining my 4 yr streak lol) and then removed on the 12th, which allowed me to be home where I am currently recovering, on monday I visit the doctor to get the stitching or whatever (it's not staples)) it is removed. I have been able to walk a bit without the use of a walker.

As for my shots, that has been going good.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
Good lord man, you have not had an easy decade.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2018, 11:25:59 AM »
Tell me about it....