Author Topic: Reopening Strata: Round 2  (Read 8497 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reopening Strata: Round 2
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »
Wystan Hyde

(click to show/hide)

To Do:
Equipment (WBL: 10,500 gp)
 - Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000 gp)
 - Gloves, Apprentice’s Cheating (2,200 gp)
 - +1 Chain Shirt (1,250 gp)
 - +1 Heavy Steel Shield (1,170 gp)
 - Bag of Holding Type I (2,500 gp)
 - Ioun Torch (75 gp)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »
Is the party still Level 5?  What continent/country are they in?  I assume that I'll be marked as well?

Edit: Apparently this is the first Pathfinder character I'll have made on these boards, I had to make a Pathfinder character sheet template.  That surprised me.

Indeed.  A basic summary of the game so far.

The party members are all Accursed, bearing the mark and exiled/compelled to wander/seeking answers/whatever.  They began their pilgrimage to the center of the world, running into a few hazards, saving another adventuring party, and one very suspicious villainous sort which they've come to calling "Blueberry".  After which they continued their trip and came upon a haunted mansion, which turned out to be full of ash and blood and fire and locked doors and oh yeah there's an undead serial killer in here.  And talking rats.

They're currently trapped in said haunted mansion within a barrier, and just managed to kill the stalking scissorman, leveling up to 5.

I figure they will leave shortly (once they solve a small issue) so I hopefully can introduce you as they exist said mansion.  Knock on wood.
Mudada.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 06:40:05 PM »
What country are we in?

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »
I had a map somewhere, and it's MIA now.  Here, have a ghetto map from memory, it's probably inaccurate but close enough.

Wow that's really bad.  I'm pretty sure none of those continents are correct.  I just remember that they were vaguely in three major continents, and roughly where the party was.

Strata is a flat earth shaped rather like the Outlands.  There's an infinitely tall mountain in the center of importance, and the edges are waterfalls that go into the void.  Circling it is the sun (a hole to the plane of fire), the moon (a hole of the plane of earth) which rotate above, and two spheres which orbit the rim, two eternal storms (plane of air and plane of water).  Due to events in the backstory, something happened at that giant uber mountain and now there is an ever expanding shroud of darkness coming from the center of the world.  It's ruined two nations already and everyone else is afraid it'll keep growing.  And the Accursed, which started at the same time, tend to have visions of things within the shroud.  So the accursed travel into the shroud for answers...

The party is currently in Rubicon (read: England).  They had decided earlier that they would go from their starting city over the land route, through Rubicon, Taphos (read: Egypt), and eventually someplace called Dragon Tower within Rhetor, the City of Magic, within ruined Chrysanthemum.  Their next upcoming town is a place called Roanoke, at the border of Rubicon and Taphos.

You're still in civilization at the moment.  The moment you hit Taphos, expect civilization to quickly die out as you enter the shroud.

Expect darkness, or at least dim illumination, when within the shroud and prepare for it thusly.

Here's a previous post which details some of it.  It was before they left for the mansion, the Marlowe Estate.

(click to show/hide)
Mudada.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »
Alright, we're in civilization and Rubicon is where I wanted to be from anyway.

Rough backstory: He's from Rubicon and makes a living as a bodyguard and has a reputation as a cutthroat duelist (I'm assuming that Rubicon is as big on dueling as medieval Europe).  He's been known to be paid to fight duels although has never stooped to outright assassination.

He's egotistical and very self-possessed, he'll see his mark as proof of his superior skills.  Perhaps his destiny.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 07:46:36 PM »
I'm done except for gear and backstory.  If there's any feedback please let me know.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »
Awesome.  I'll be free hopefully within the next 24 hours.  I've got an idea.  I'll run a bit of side story with you, both for character building and settling you in, and so that I and get the party out of that mansion.

Psysama, hint hint, we need you.  Git at it.
Mudada.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 10:34:03 AM »
Sounds good.  I'll take that to mean that my sheet looks fine and I need to buy gear.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 10:21:15 PM »
Sounds good.  I'll take that to mean that my sheet looks fine and I need to buy gear.

It begins then.

Time to update the main plot as well.
Mudada.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
Alright, you motivated me to finish my gear.

How do I calculate HP?  That's all I need left.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »
Alright, you motivated me to finish my gear.

How do I calculate HP?  That's all I need left.

Maximum at first, 3/4ths every other (so 3 for d4, 4.5 for d6, 6 for d8, 7.5 for d10, and 9 for d12).
Mudada.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »
Sheet finished and added to the character sheets thread.  I've also posted in Wystan's thread.