Author Topic: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting  (Read 200167 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
Because the last one reached 50 pages.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:41:30 AM »
Splitsies!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:57:53 AM »
Is Amaterasu fast enough that she could overtake if she wanted to?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Gosh I am so miffed at this unfixable drawback to Overdrive.

Is it really so bad that a barbarian can just get a lesser restoration to get rid of his fatigue after raging and I can't replace my batteries?  :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »
Is Amaterasu fast enough that she could overtake if she wanted to?

Yes.

Gosh I am so miffed at this unfixable drawback to Overdrive.

Is it really so bad that a barbarian can just get a lesser restoration to get rid of his fatigue after raging and I can't replace my batteries?  :p
Hmm, you're right, it's a bit too long. Reduced the cooldown for advanced overdrive to just minute (and advanced overdrive to 5). Which means that you conveniently start regaining energy this turn! :p

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
You said advanced twice :D

Thank you so much!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »
I worked out Amaterasu's speed when using the actual run action and the MU-scale boost.

It's about 654 miles per hour. Or, just over a mile in a round. Nearly Mach 2.

I'm kinda sad that she doesn't have Sprint. Because at this level, that's 36 seconds of full speed, or... about Mach 19.

EDIT: On reflection, it's actually about 596mph, which is... still about a mile a round (0.996). XD

Also, 8 Wisdom, 14 Int, 35 Con. Not a winning combination. :lmao
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:14:29 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
Before I change anything and start chewing down the numbers, here's a list of changes and adjustments considered:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:40:23 AM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »
-Youkai Blades would be separated; one would be her integrated weapon and the other a mecha built-in weapon; I wouldn't be able to make two attacks for maneuvers requiring two attacks but I'd be able to make single attacks and use most boosts and stances in the mecha and with it.
Very well.

-Tatterdemanimal Raggamoffyn level swapped for Awakened Thoon Soldier.
-Second Monster of Legend level swapped for a Gate Guard level. No Gifted for War maneuvers.
Yay for my uncommented homebrew interesting people!
Altough I guess you're mostly dipping Gate Guard for the whole "Str for HP and Fort instead of Con". I was musing with the idea of a tanky class that didn't need to rely on Con.

-All Moon Vanguard levels changed for Super Pilot.
-Super pilot maneuvers replace Burning Justice for Doll Judgement and keep Into the Dangerzone. Access to learning Ancient Temple maneuvers via the Netherworld Gardener feat and later Chinese Star maneuvers via Shangai Teahouse
-Got rid of the Spirit Regen feat to get Malformed Body to swap Constitution ability score gains with Dexterity score gains for Half-Golem/Fusion Golem and removing 'Till When to get either Immortal Doll or Special Doll.
-Half Golem materials swapped; Colossus Stone to Colossus Iron and Hard Wood (seriously, osle? :p) for Greater Stone
It's a pretty long story. I may tell it if not for the fact my brain is half-fried from searching typos for an uni work for most of this weekend (trivia: I rarely bother checking for typos in my homebrew because I already have to do that for my RL works, and I.Do.Not.Enjoy.It)

-The 3rd pilot feat from Super Pilot would be another Counter feat and the 4th spirit would be Zeal.
-Nanoarmor being straight Super Robot, pretty much only getting rid of the Real Robot stats and filling it with a few more upgrades, increasing those already taken and maybe getting Sentient-Imprint.
Eeerrr, you're changing your moon vanguard levels to super pilot, why do you still have a nano armor? :psyduck

-Base ability score redistributed to reduce Con to 10, raise Str to 16, Int to 14 and Cha to 10
-Increase in Int gives skill points to max Iaijutsu Focus.
-Considering swapping Android race for Numan (one youkai blade being a normal weapon) but Androids are cool and more thematic despite the handicaps. So probably won't unless I need to up my game.
-Buying weapons for the dolls and changing the two maneuver items. Might feel a need for some minor equipment bonus changes once I get through the numbers besides putting the +4 Con item into Str but I don't think it'll be needed.

-The Zombie swaps the Controlled One level for Tatterdemanimal Raggamoffyn 1, the Shadesteel Golem level for an Awakened Thoon Soldier level and the Eternal Royal level for a Gate Guard level.
Race being Numan instead of Android.
Besides the changes in class base stat numbers pretty much everything would stay the same.
Except maybe that I'm also strongly considering a bunch of levels for Gate Guard. o_O
Everyone needs a Chinese zombie gatekeeper girl.

-The doll minion (or maybe both dolls) would depend. Going for the Special Doll would make it pretty straight forward with feat selection being the only real thing to determine.
All of that sounds ok at first glance. But again, brain half-fried. Ah, well, you're still not a fullcaster, and you being extra tough to kill still doesn't make the other party members any tougher actually, in particular when they insist on splitting up all the time. :p

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
Yay for my uncommented homebrew interesting people!
Altough I guess you're mostly dipping Gate Guard for the whole "Str for HP and Fort instead of Con". I was musing with the idea of a tanky class that didn't need to rely on Con.
I like it! Didn't comment on it yet. Whats with me barely having time to get my own changes down (and I also have to redo Desire Drive and split it into two different disciplines since Futo has enough for her own and Miko has more than enough. The other two hermits can fit with Futo and I'll just get rid of the Yoshika maneuvers since she isn't an hermit anyway. Guess that would also make her maneuvers available for the Chinese Star forbidden discipline, whats with her being the guardian of the mausoleum entrance and being chinese with a chinese star on her cap)
I intend to give you some comments eventually though. Might as well say right out that in general I find it very well done (good idea too considering there is a few touhou characters acting as guards of some place).
But yes. Used it to reduce my MAD but it was also a sacrifice; I have nothing if I'm wearing armor, and nanoarmor counts as having an armor on so I had to use a different kind of mecha. That's a goodbye to the insanely useful G-Wall prototype.

Eeerrr, you're changing your moon vanguard levels to super pilot, why do you still have a nano armor?
Nah, I was referring to the nanoarmor being full super robot now, because being a super pilot gives you a super robot. I didn't mean to say that I was adjusting the nanoarmor's emulated robot features.

All of that sounds ok at first glance. But again, brain half-fried. Ah, well, you're still not a fullcaster, and you being extra tough to kill still doesn't make the other party members any tougher actually, in particular when they insist on splitting up all the time.
Can't say it wasn't tempting.
We'll see once I get through the numbers and figure out exactly how it goes. My guess is that I would actually be more vulnerable despite the extra hp. My offensive power should be higher with Doll Judgement but I suspect I'll be annoying to set on a battle grid with all the dolls and whatnot. Got rid of most of the Desire Drive stuff in part because I intend to rework them and so I'd need to be more creative to find solutions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:43:02 AM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
'Let's not die'? Is this because Amaterasu is a lightning rod and seems to be the target of stuff blowing up already? :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »
'Let's not die'? Is this because Amaterasu is a lightning rod and seems to be the target of stuff blowing up already? :lmao

We're pretty much immortal so long as you're leading us into the fray oh fearless war hero!  :D

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
Indeed. They shoot you first instead of me ^_^

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »
I was significantly more amused by Hugo's denomination as the "candy man".

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »
Say Hugo's name three times to a mirror and he appears behind you?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
Now there's a scary thought...

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 02:10:36 AM »
Since Amaterasu's max speed, when running, amplified by Born to Fight is 0.996 miles a round...
Can you change direction while during a running action? The corridors probably aren't all in a single straight line unless you 'make' a corridor that goes all the way there. Using Uncontainable Dive you get double speed and charge with a few turn changes, so your speed would be akin to running. Perhaps able to cut a few corners too by going through some walls if you deal enough damage.

@osle: I got the numbers for all the changes done. Figured one of the materials was utterly redundant so I dropped the feat.
However, I'm considering the Relief material that grants some kind of burrow movement speed that leaves a relief image on the surface of the ground when you are right under it. Considering this is future-tech time and we are supposed to take the closest we have in dnd to represent future technology, is that burrow movement able to go through metal?
Otherwise curious why it grants concealment instead of cover.
Concealment is something that prevents an attacker from clearly seeing his or her target while cover is a barrier between an attacker and defender. Being more than partially underground gives a layer to go through to hit the burrowed creature but you can clearly see the target (because of the relief).
The ash/sand ones are nice too but they seem to affect the user as well. Not sure if the mud material leaves mud behind when you fly, which maybe falls down on people under (which would be sorta funny and pretty darn useful).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:10:59 AM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 02:27:29 AM »
That's in a straight line, yes. Half a mile if she doesn't run and just 'moves' twice.

Could always treat it like breaking down a door and attempt to smash down the walls through sheer force. I get a +27 on that (well, doors) even when stationary. Pity that moving really fast doesn't give a bonus... :lmao

EDIT: Oh, wait, smashing down a masonry wall (rather than solid stone) through sudden force is a DC of 35. I can do that on a 8. Now, if only I could find a way to get a bonus, and if this building does work like that, then she could run right through. Probably? It doesn't have a listed action. XD

EDIT 2: And this is continuing the assumption that the size bonus for doors also works for, say, walls. Because whilst I could see it not applying against manacles, or rope, I don't see why doors would be an exception and the only thing to get a bonus. >_>;
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:40:56 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 03:35:54 AM »
I think "just" half a mile double move would get you anywhere you want to go in here and still be able to make it around corners.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 03:43:43 AM »
Given that this is supposed to be a pretty large-scale settlement? Sure, there's teleporters, but there's still an awful lot of corridor.

I am generally of the opinion that PSO architects have a large-scale grudge against stairs, because you have a huge, mostly level floor, and only two teleporters to connect it to other places.