Author Topic: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting  (Read 200165 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting
« Reply #880 on: March 07, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »
Normally in the process of pursuing that revenge.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 08, 2016, 08:51:00 AM »
Normally in the process of pursuing that revenge.

He's usually luckier if he dies from something unrelated before he's done.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #882 on: March 08, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
Baha has access to Mao and Maia's private messages?

No, that's why they're kept in separate spoilers. Mao is free to forward the messages to Baha however.

I should get an update tommorrow, being another quite busy week, weee....

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 10, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »
There is an ability that allows a familiar to use the caster's initiative instead of its own? That's pretty sweet! What is it?

Online ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 10, 2016, 09:55:02 PM »
Isn't it just default for ppl to let familiars, animal companions, and cohorts and such just go on the same initiative?

Either way, is already does init as all of one team then all of next team.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:57:21 PM by ketaro »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 10, 2016, 11:27:26 PM »
There is an ability that allows a familiar to use the caster's initiative instead of its own? That's pretty sweet! What is it?
As far as I know Ols just uses group initiative, so you can plug your ally's stuff in during your turn and everything goes into a big pile that gets sorted out the best it can.

Also
"Where's the rest of her gear? There is only this shoe."
Was that out loud?  :P

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2016, 12:07:40 AM »

What's this "familiar" thing you speak of? Perhaps you mean the obsolete act of primitive wizards and sorcerors bonding with wild dirty animals eons ago? Do you also expect espers to dress in rough hides and make business with circular disks crafted out of an Au alloy?

What escaped was a mag, and she was Aryk's minion with class levels and stuff.

(note to self: make actual mag rules instead of using minions, can also cover Haro pets).

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2016, 12:46:29 AM »
I only called it a familiar because I remember you referred to it as such.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2016, 12:54:55 AM »
Derp. Yes I did. :blush

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2016, 01:08:31 AM »
Well, things automatically translate into this setting into something hi-tech for fluff purposes. So a familiar could be a tiny robot thingy that's somehow alive and they are called Mags.
At least until they have their own rules. If that thing wasn't really a familiar then I guess it was a thingy with its own custom rules made for this encounter. That's cool.

I never expected a familiar to have its own teleportation power though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:10:09 AM by Anomander »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 11, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »
Well, things automatically translate into this setting into something hi-tech for fluff purposes. So a familiar could be a tiny robot thingy that's somehow alive and they are called Mags.
At least until they have their own rules. If that thing wasn't really a familiar then I guess it was a thingy with its own custom rules made for this encounter. That's cool.

Wait until it starts summoning unicorns made out of LSD that shoot lasers.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 11, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »
Mecha unicorns. The lasers are now rainbow lasers. Double rainbow lasers!

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
The irony of it all is I WISH I were kidding about this.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 11, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »
As Soro pointed out:
So I try to google some of the abilities you guy use to slowly learn the homebrew better but it's really irritating when the homebrew doesn't exist or the flavor of the implied houserules don't even match the rulebooks hence the parenthesis.
Anomander remade from scratch that martial school some years ago and seems like Wicked Trance got erased and isn't actually anywhere to be seen online, thus is kinda hard for me the DM to declare what happens.

Since I guess Anomander saved the previous version, then I would ask him to post the relevant maneuvers/stances on his character sheet or something.

Could, but I don't really like the regular familiar rules.

Again, it had its own class levels and stuff. Great amount of homebrew, but I didn't use anything that's not visible online right now. Exact build kept a secret for now since you may meet it again.

Mecha unicorns. The lasers are now rainbow lasers. Double rainbow lasers!
The irony of it all is I WISH I were kidding about this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 11, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »
Can't say we didn't see it coming!
Again, it had its own class levels and stuff. Great amount of homebrew, but I didn't use anything that's not visible online right now. Exact build kept a secret for now since you may meet it again.
Oh, its just the whole familiar references that made it unexpected. If it wasn't for that it having its own stuff woulda been normal.

Since I guess Anomander saved the previous version, then I would ask him to post the relevant maneuvers/stances on his character sheet or something.
I would have done so since he mentioned looking for it.
Its still online in the Desire Drive page, in the notes on previous versions. In the spoiler underneath in the other spoiler for temporary maneuver information. Made me remember that discipline existed, along with a bunch of other stuff I already made for years but didn't post yet. Just gotta find the time and will to do the touch ups and finally get them in.

Here it is:

(click to show/hide)

It essentially allows to use the corpse (incomplete to use) to speak to the spirit or speak to the spirit directly if it is still there. Mao would think the spirit could still be there for a while at the site of death, or remnants of it, since she died in violence. (Not necessarily angsty enough to become a ghost, though). She wouldn't be all that surprised if she had left, though.

Since it came up, I do have a few questions on the common knowledge of how things go in the subject.
-Are there actual gods in this setting? I know some items refer to god/devil/stuff but that doesn't mean they aren't just names.
-Any Heaven/Hell/Limbo/etc planes of existence known? Or just some Cthulhu-ish dimensions that may remain to be discovered?
-The cloning process seems described in the lore as the common use to return people to life. People died in disasters such as the beasts in Ragol and were returned that way. I sort of recall it being mentioned as an insurance in case we die on Ragol as well. Is it some kind of resurrection through a new body or the clone is copy? Or maybe like the Clone spell and the body remains inert until the soul can enter it? Mostly wondering because if it is just a copy people could make a quick army of the same uber character, modify them for control and get an army. Like, a bunch of Amaterasu clones that you don't have to pay and that obey orders.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:52:15 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 12, 2016, 12:21:34 AM »
I would have done so since he mentioned looking for it.
Its still online in the Desire Drive page, in the notes on previous versions. In the spoiler underneath in the other spoiler for temporary maneuver information. Made me remember that discipline existed, along with a bunch of other stuff I already made for years but didn't post yet. Just gotta find the time and will to do the touch ups and finally get them in.

Here it is:

(click to show/hide)

It essentially allows to use the corpse (incomplete to use) to speak to the spirit or speak to the spirit directly if it is still there. Mao would think the spirit could still be there for a while at the site of death, or remnants of it, since she died in violence. (Not necessarily angsty enough to become a ghost, though). She wouldn't be all that surprised if she had left, though.
Thanks for the repost. However it says that to get the speak with soul effect, you need at least the head/skull, and all Mao has now is a leg and some pools of blood. So Mao herself should know that the chances of this working were pretty slim.

Since it came up, I do have a few questions on the common knowledge of how things go in the subject.
-Are there actual gods in this setting? I know some items refer to god/devil/stuff but that doesn't mean they aren't just names.
A good question. Dark Force could be considered a god. A dark, cruel, twisted god. It reshapes reality to an extent, it keeps coming back, can possess people and has a variety of followers.

Holy/Devil usually refer to light/dark energy. But whereas Dark Force seems like the living sentient embodiment of dark energy, there is no super unique entity for the side of light.

There are creatures of light here and there, but they seem to have degenerated into a feral state and usually just hang around and will even attack if provoked, although they have a preference for attacking dark creatures if possible.

God items on the other hand simply refer to really high-quality stuff.

-Any Heaven/Hell/Limbo/etc planes of existence known? Or just some Cthulhu-ish dimensions that may remain to be discovered?
There is this.

-The cloning process seems described in the lore as the common use to return people to life. People died in disasters such as the beasts in Ragol and were returned that way. I sort of recall it being mentioned as an insurance in case we die on Ragol as well. Is it some kind of resurrection through a new body or the clone is copy? Or maybe like the Clone spell and the body remains inert until the soul can enter it? Mostly wondering because if it is just a copy people could make a quick army of the same uber character, modify them for control and get an army. Like, a bunch of Amaterasu clones that you don't have to pay and that obey orders.

A great question and something I've been pondering to myself how to deal with.

What I had in mind is something along the lines of:
-It is a copy.
-However there is some degenrancy/losses like regular ressurection spells.
-For reasons still in study, should two copies of the same being meet, a mental breakdown will occur, they'll instantly hate each other and try to murderize the copy/original by any means necessary. "Army of clones" is something that've been tried multiple times over known history, in particular of ace pilots, but you need to take great care that the clones of the same person never meet directly.
-Ditto for sentient android copies.
-For the reasons above, the Android Administration law is that it's strictly forbidden to copy someone while the original is still functional.
-Luckily, cloning demands a fair amount of body matter to accomplish, so you don't need to worry about someone trying to clone you just out of some strands of hair/drops of blood. A limb is kinda the minimum necessary.

Online ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 12, 2016, 01:13:41 AM »
Haha, oops, Kat accidentally discovering hell :3

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 12, 2016, 12:40:56 PM »
Thanks for the repost. However it says that to get the speak with soul effect, you need at least the head/skull, and all Mao has now is a leg and some pools of blood. So Mao herself should know that the chances of this working were pretty slim.
Oh yes, with the lack of a head/central core thing it wouldn't work using the body so she was thinking that part of her soul lingered a bit behind where she died and she could speak with that.
Speaking of souls, with the lack of a known heaven/hell/similar, what actually happens to people's souls when they die? If souls are even a thing in that setting, that is.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 12, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »
I feel like I set off a chain reaction of detailing homebrew.

Ahh it's probably for the best. I'm still shooting for the implications that one of the secrets of the Helsiana family is that they collect and manipulate souls for power, because if I literately had those Spells on the Arcane Pilot list I'd be doing just that :p

Speaking of, I know Ritual Sacrifice is pretty broken but is it available for use? We're this late into the game so I have no way of hitting DC 30 but it'd be nice to use Planar Ally at some point.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:27:09 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 12, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »
Quote from: Baham
"Like I didn't even know you could like access the dead like that, you like never did that before." Stroking her chin,
He probably forgot. Last time she used it was quite a while ago, though did use a variant that allowed her to locate all lifeforms within a wide perimeter.
Link
Even then though the enemies had been unfortunately thoroughly destroyed.