Author Topic: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting  (Read 200162 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting
« Reply #980 on: April 11, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »
Something important fluffwise that will be important on Hugo-Amaterasu-Katherine harem route as well as Mao and Baha.

As a reminder, Baha found some sensible information  in the tower. Baha then asked Kenny to prepare a 30 second video to show to the rest of the party, but with a battle soon breaking out and the tower blowing up that was kinda forgoten.

Now a key question, that I'm leaving up to Soro's decision, is if you want to claim you sent Kenny's video to everybody else after all when things calmed down, or just to a few people, or you've been keeping it for yourself? Asking because checking later posts, Baha doesn't seem to have shared that particular finding with anybody else.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »
Quote from: Osle
Now a key question, that I'm leaving up to Soro's decision, is if you want to claim you sent Kenny's video to everybody else after all when things calmed down, or just to a few people, or you've been keeping it for yourself? Asking because checking later posts, Baha doesn't seem to have shared that particular finding with anybody else.
That's already been dealt with. It was shared to Maia as part of Mao's data-dump and Kenny was ordered to do so as well when communications would be restored.

Here:

Quote from: Ken
Right away mistress! Do you mean to relay it to the ship's crew as well or just your fellow guild hunters?
Baha thinks about it for a split second before replying to Kenny to relay it to everyone. If subspace communications are working kick it back to their employers too. Maybe they'll know something.
Quote from: Ken
We still seem unable to stablish communications with the Protectora XVI, but I'll try it anyway when the montage is done. Remember to don't burn down the dome if you feel too bored Mistress!
Quote from: Maia
This video you retrieved is now classified as sensitive data. Please refrain yourselves from sharing it with anybody else. I will have your memory circuits if I see it uploaded in Youryuker or any similar site.

That aside, it is clear we're facing well organized and heavily armed opposition, ready to use even dangerous bioweapons. We'll need some time to properly process the data you've retrieved and plan a new course of action, but you're free to return to the planet for further investigation after you're rested and ressuplied at your leisure. A trip to that monolith in particular sounds like it would be particularly worthwhile. For now you can collect your payment from the quest counter  as per our agreement.

=====

Oh snap did I just see Anomander dismiss a perfectly valid hot spring episode!? How dare ye, sir!

We'll invite Mao next time and force a bikini on you too, no worries
Oh no, it was useful, just not a plot-centered objective. If Mao shed her armored plates and put a bikini there would nothing sexy to see; only hard-wired justice.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:46:53 AM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Yep, kind of mass sent that to everyone like a bad Youtube video.

The ghost's body specifically is never incorporeal.
That perfectly fine but recall the Ghost & corpse are on the Ethereal Plane, when manifesting to Incorporeal on the Materiel Plane you may want to clarify if the none-incorporeal body fully manifests into a corporeal object on the Material Plane or remains on the Ethereal Plane but I wouldn't fret too much over the former because.

The ghost being in the ethereal plane would suffice because it is "coexistent with the Material Plane", so you can actually measure distances for Grave Bond. But there is no measurable distance between any point in the astral plane and another point in the material plane.
Just like Wild Shape, there are just some items it's better to drop before transforming.

The Ethereal traits a creature gains for being on the Ethereal Plane against a creature on the Material Plane (and vice versa) are defensively superior to Incorporeal. Dropping it before manifestation and carrying it then (a ghost doesn't fully leave the Ethereal Plane) or even demanifesting and then carrying it around would be fairly easy. Of course, Animate Dead is a soulless deal and once used by the ghost the corpse can be ordered to carry it's self and give it the ability to make Saves against area Force effects when it's left unattended which is a little more ideal.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »
Something important fluffwise that will be important on Hugo-Amaterasu-Katherine harem route as well as Mao and Baha.

As a reminder, Baha found some sensible information  in the tower. Baha then asked Kenny to prepare a 30 second video to show to the rest of the party, but with a battle soon breaking out and the tower blowing up that was kinda forgoten.

I kept reading posts after those linked until I'd eventually read through the entire following fights up to the dragon and remembered that we have 48k and some change in meseta that hasn't been split yet  :eh
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9809.msg224276#msg224276
As well as dealing with some of those unclaimed weapons and potential income from selling 'em if deemed continued unclaimedness.

Oh no, it was useful, just not a plot-centered objective. If Mao shed her armored plates and put a bikini there would nothing sexy to see; only hard-wired justice.
Implying justice can't be sexy, pfft.  :cool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:11:29 PM by ketaro »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »
I kept reading posts after those linked until I'd eventually read through the entire following fights up to the dragon and remembered that we have 48k and some change in meseta that hasn't been split yet  :eh
Yeah, sort of.

The discussion kind of died so I think people just grabbed w/e. Baha has the Vistburn & Amaterasu has the Zaxe but as far as I know the Vol Scale, Albia Laser, Alba Obside are unclaimed. There was also a chance to snag some strictly better custom loot in the market that was kind of a part of the level up that led to Kuro heading to the spa for a Magical Location bonus.

Which also leads to a Shifta Ex abuse, for 3,000gp you can get +10% dmg dealt or -10% dmg received plus one random effect that 25% of the time guarantees a photon weapon drop. So statistically, for a 12,000gp investment the party can pocket a 30k+ weapon in profits while everyone gets a 10% boost and the other EX benefits. It's not a bad deal except there are better ways to break WBL, but if you want Ols to invent more shiny Photon loot he gave you the means to motivate him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:09:44 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 11, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
The discussion kind of died so I think people just grabbed w/e. Baha has the Vistburn & Amaterasu has the Zaxe but as far as I know the Vol Scale, Albia Laser, Alba Obside
We actually all decided on the loot distribution rather quickly.

Baha took Vistburn.
Amaterasu took the Zaxe
Hugo took the Alba Obside
Katherine took the Alba Laser and the Vol Scale
Mao took the meseta.

Oh, just in case you didn't note it in your sheet we got a choice of two items from the banthers back on Ragol. Here
I figured The armor thing would be better for the party if Mao had it though really I don't mind either way. If it was just me I'd sell them both though the spear can be useful for damage dealers in Ragol, even if they aren't actually using the spear since it doesn't specify that the damage has to be dealt by the spear.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:51:46 PM by Anomander »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 11, 2016, 03:47:52 PM »
On the fluff: I feel compelled to point out that at least in PSO2, there are familiars now.

(Or at least something that passes for them. The Summoner class is all based off of getting your magic pet to kill stuff for you.)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #987 on: April 11, 2016, 05:51:34 PM »
Well, summons are summons. And the summoner still can have a mag if I'm not mistaken.

The ghost's body specifically is never incorporeal.
That perfectly fine but recall the Ghost & corpse are on the Ethereal Plane, when manifesting to Incorporeal on the Materiel Plane you may want to clarify if the none-incorporeal body fully manifests into a corporeal object on the Material Plane or remains on the Ethereal Plane but I wouldn't fret too much over the former because.
The Ethereal traits a creature gains for being on the Ethereal Plane against a creature on the Material Plane (and vice versa) are defensively superior to Incorporeal. Dropping it before manifestation and carrying it then (a ghost doesn't fully leave the Ethereal Plane) or even demanifesting and then carrying it around would be fairly easy.

How did Baha get the body to became permanently ethereal in the first place?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 11, 2016, 05:53:27 PM »
Ah, thank you for remembering Ano. I had no idea I had the vol scale tho :o

Right, I think I grabbed it because I have problems with managing energy and when I burn out on overdrives I don't have any weapons for awhile haha
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:56:02 PM by ketaro »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 11, 2016, 07:19:38 PM »
How did Baha get the body to became permanently ethereal in the first place?
By literately carrying the corpse into the Ethereal Plane and leaving it there.

Interplaner travel is available at the 9th level through Plane Shift (cleric 5th) or Shadow Walk (bard 5th) (shadow & ethereal don't link) and it just gets easier as you level. Your Shadow-Creature Template/Class even grants interplanar travel as early as ECL 2 by using the Plane of Shadow as a pit stop over two days and Badly has been a Shadow-Creature Ghost every since he was made for the stealth benefit so if unknown at the time corpse thing is a problem it can be easily remedied. Also he now looks like Freddy Kruger for the moment until I can find a better image.

There is also the campaign alternative of simply using portals. The optional Deep section of the Ethereal Plane has tapestries that connect to every Plane and you can find a specific tapestry in 1d10x100 hours. On average a Ghost can find a new portal to the Material Plane once every 23 days. It's just a matter of getting to the portal's location on the Material Plane. The catch is, if the portal is two-way it's also likely useful and either guarded or a mini-sigil. Which also makes it a great place to consider hiding Espers away form the AA *wink wink*

Edit - Made a huge up-till-2am pass on the NPCs. They now have bio/quark entries!
Kenny: finally getting around to adding his feats, do the crafting feats affect WBL?
Kenny's Homunculus: mostly detailed out now.
Baldy: added the warlock level and adjusted skills, reason for ghosting added, still of a ton of gold left over to buy stuff.
Lumpy: the 2nd level nymph joke is now a full fledged 4th level follower! She can handle food/water, murder people in snow, sell drugs, and run an election campaign better than Trump.
Bulbasaur: So I ran with a Spellwurm trick using Psychic Reformation to restat it and Mindstealer so it can eat memories as a new Plan B contingency in case future kidnappings are not so complaint. Probably a little iffy, I didn't go as far as using Mindstealer to acquire abilities so that's probably not an issue, buffing Spells were traded out for stuff that does things for you while you lay around so I doubt that'd be an issue too, and I have a 4th level follower slot I can toss the concept into using a custom built Sorcerer to pretty much do the same exact thing, but idk. I did it using MoE's 8k buyable helper because I've never followed through on the trick before and I could see other people saying they want one too which could probably lead to the dark side of the force. If I need to revamp Bulba into "Boney" I can.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:55:25 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 16, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
Great update!
Baha asked a question that remains unanswered though:
Ayrk's statement about my talent being able to ID the monolith could be a trap through, formal request for a 28 ran on an possible Anna's in connection with Ayrk for review."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 16, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »
There's a new OOC.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 16, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
Oh, yeah. I had a tab open for that Occ and forgot to switch.