Author Topic: Cinematica  (Read 36844 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Cinematica
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2016, 02:48:22 AM »
would the rathtar be mindless?

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2016, 03:28:58 AM »
One of them tried to eat the protagonists through the Falcon's front window, so I'd say yes.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
So, have you managed to see the rathars for yourself?

Also, do we have wights / white walkers from the Game of Thrones series yet?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2016, 02:18:09 AM »
oh crap!

I'm sorry man, with all the injuries and other stuff going on I'd forgotten.  Thanks for teh reminder, I'll get moving on it.

I have not current done any GoT critters

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »
injuries? did I miss something again?

And I wasn't asking about stats - I was asking if you'd managed to see star wars.

Do you need any pointers for GoT?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2016, 08:46:16 PM »
Multiple tears throughout right labrum, rotator cuff and tendons, as well as frozen shoulder.  Te frozen shoulder will need to be cleared before they can consider surgery to fix some of the rest.  So I'm on a ton of painkillers that make me foggy.

I has not seen star wars

I would need GoT info

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2016, 06:13:47 PM »
Game of Thrones whitewalkers.

(This is all based on the tv series, the books show some things differently)

WHITEWALKERS

Whitewalkers are hostile fey, created as a weapon in an ancient war, who have since outlived the civilisation that created them, becoming a threat to everything that lives. When the power of winter grows, they come from the north, bringing along bitter cold, and armies of undead.

In the TV show a whitewalker is an acquired template - the whitewalkers prefer to transform human babies, bringing them up among themselves. The type changes to fey with a cold subtype.

Appearance: a whitewalker is a gaunt humanoid, with wrinkled, withered-looking skin, and piercing blue eyes. They tend to wear light armor and ride undead steeds.

Stats: Whitewalkers are much stronger and tougher than ordinary humans. They also enjoy a certain level of damage reduction, unless their weaknesses are exploited.

Abilities: Whitewalkers radiate an aura of deathly cold, which lowers temperature over a wide radius, and extinguishes fires within 5 feet. A marching army containing powerful whitewalkers can affect the weather to the point where not only is the cold physically dangerous, but those who freeze to death might rise as undead spontaneously.

High level whitewalkers might wield spellike abilities related to cold or necromancy.

Ice weapons: Whitewalkers wield weapons of magically reinforced ice. Despite their fragile appearance, the blades are deadly - they can shatter non-magical weapons as if they were glass, and an enemy slain by an ice weapon will soon rise as undead under the control of his killer.

Weaknesses: Due to their cold subtype, whitewalkers take double damage from fire. However, a whitewalker's cold aura nullifies that weakness - it will negate a fire attack, unless it is powerful enough to take the whitewalker down in one hit.

The whitewalkers also have a deadly weakness to two materials that represent the idea of fire in solid form, The first is 'dragon glass' (obsidian) - which is not only volcanic in origin, but was also the focus of the ritual that created them in the first place. The second is Valyrian steel, a very rare local alloy created through now lost alchemical process, probably involving dragon fire. Both these materials can withstand being shattered by whitewalkers' ice weapons, and can take them down in one hit, provided they draw blood (that is, they can still be stopped by armor, which might be a problem for stone weapons.)

WIGHTS

Wights are the undead created by the whitewalkers, either through necromancy, ice weapon kills, or rising spontaneously from the corpses  touched by their cold. It is a common practice in the north to burn any people that die during winter.

Appearance: a wight is a walking corpse with striking blue eyes.

Abilities: wights are stronger and tougher that ordinary humans, stubbornly pushing forward despite horrible injuries (like with regular zombies, slashing weapons work best. ) Since internal damage is meaningless to them, they also take reduced falling damage.  They gain climb speed, and improved grab - those that lack manufactured melee weapons will grab onto enemies to claw and bite. Unlike regular zombies, they retain all the speed they had with life, and can be relentless pursuers if ordered to.

Mindless: wights have no mind of their own, but instinctively obey nearby whitewalkers. If left to their own devices, they'll attack anything that moves except other whitewalker minions.

Weaknesses. Like their masters, wights are vulnerable to dragon glass and Valyrian steel. They also lack the whitewalkers' cold aura, leaving them with nothing to compensate for their cold subtype - fire attacks cause their flesh to melt like wax.

Decayed wights: the wights' undead state does not stop decomposition, though they are usually preserved by the frigid conditions their masters generate. Once a wight decays into a skeleton, his stats are severly reduced, and it becomes very brittle - he keeps most of his special features, including the reduced fall damage and climb speed, but gets reduced to one HD, and loses the damage reduction.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:21:38 PM by Braininthejar »

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2016, 06:26:46 PM »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:59 PM »
Initial rathtar stats are up,  Whaddya think?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2016, 09:10:46 PM »
Game of Thrones whitewalkers.
How about...

(click to show/hide)
I suppose the Spells may be a bit odd, but GoT's magic scale is somehow below LotR's level which is a near impossibility.

Night's King
(click to show/hide)
No spells this time, but he can ensnare the commend of another whitewalker's army if the walker falls. Plus he wears ice :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:18:44 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2016, 06:48:08 PM »
I suppose the Spells may be a bit odd, but GoT's magic scale is somehow below LotR's level which is a near impossibility.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2016, 07:00:28 PM »
Looking good so far.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »
Oh, some months have passed, and I could finally found the rathars scene on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX-kqVB5OFA

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2016, 02:53:37 AM »
Looks like I was right about the 2 tentacle attacks.  Wonder if I should give them a rolling charge too>

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2016, 03:21:00 AM »
tentacled creatures are always tricky.

I don't think they need a charge, I mean the point of rolling is fast movement, not trampling opponents (and yea, they more or less ate 2 mercenaries per turn, despite the gun fire.)

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:46 PM »
I got in the mood to try something today. Making an attempt at the titans from Shingeki no Kyojin (which should totally be "Attack of Titans, but someone mistranslated, and it stuck).

One cannot write about them without one major spoiler...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:17:45 PM by Braininthejar »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »
Aren't they super hot or some such?

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
Some of them are, mostly the bigger ones. There are also some that don't fit the general rules, generally the named ones.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2016, 06:14:42 PM »
Rathtar is technically done.  Unless there are objections I'll add CR to finish it up.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2016, 05:21:57 AM »
I think their stretchiness allows them to swallow more than one medium sized opponent at once. I'll need to rewatch the scene