Author Topic: An Introduction  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Demelain

• View Profile
An Introduction
« on: June 06, 2012, 05:32:02 PM »
Evening, ladies and gentlemen. I lurked about the old boards for the longest time, even had an account so that I could pester you lot with inane question when I got stumped. And here I am on the new boards, all prepared for much of the same!
I'll do my best to not be too annoying.

Anyway, I'm gaming out of Morgantown, WV. Currently in college for a degree in computer engineering. I play and prefer D&D 3.5, though my group makes regular attempts at GURPS and WH40K. I've tried both second and fourth edition as well, and though I haven't gotten the group to consent yet I've got a copy of the Pathfinder core rules I'd like to give a shot some time (though I'm not too hopeful).
Other hobbies include a healthy interest in the violin, morning jogs, Irish music, and ferrets.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
Re: An Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:43:20 AM »
Good to have you on the boards!

Do you do standard 40K, or do you do tabletop equivalents like Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader?

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:07:08 AM »
Welcome to the boards.

Tried learning Violin myself once, apparently I have absolutely no aptitude for it to go along with my complete lack of rhythm or timing.

Offline Demelain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
@libertad
That's actually what I intended, I play both Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. The table top miniatures game is far too expensive for me :P

@littha
It's definitely not a pick-up and learn instrument the way a guitar is. But hey - at least they're not bagpipes, or a didgeridoo. Circular breathing is just... ugh.