Author Topic: Can a druid cast the domain spells he gets from the contemplative bonus domain?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Ryshin

• Spellguard of Silverymoon
    • View Profile
Hi i was wondering if a druid that took the contemplative prc can cast the domain spells granted by the bonus domain he gets from contemplative.
The contemplative doesn't have any kind of restrictions and  grant full progression of any divine spellcaster so i'm inclined to say yes but he doesn't actually has a domain spell slot so he just use the standard spell slots as a cleric does when he learn via domain spells that aren't on his lists like the spell turning spell he gets from the luck domain for example or he can't?

Thanks
I didn't choose the min/max life, the min/max life chose me.

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
Page 20 of Complete Divine (same book as Contemplative) has the instructions you need.  For the druid, the contemplative domain spells are basically added to their druid spell list.

In other words: Yes, you can cast them.

The only spells that run into RAW trouble are things like Anyspell (and Greater) that specify the use of a Domain Slot.

Offline Ryshin

• Spellguard of Silverymoon
    • View Profile
Page 20 of Complete Divine (same book as Contemplative) has the instructions you need.  For the druid, the contemplative domain spells are basically added to their druid spell list.

In other words: Yes, you can cast them.

The only spells that run into RAW trouble are things like Anyspell (and Greater) that specify the use of a Domain Slot.

Thanks! Damn i need ot lose the bad habit of consulting manuals only for prc and feats and not actually re-read them! Shame on me!
I didn't choose the min/max life, the min/max life chose me.