• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Tasoth
« on: April 08, 2018, 10:59:09 PM »
wip, I had another request.

TASOTH

These are the Tasoth lizardmen from X-Com.

Class Skills
 The Tasoth's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code: [Select]
[b]   BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities[/b]
1. +1    +0     +2     +2    Tasoth Body, Amphibious, Swim, Vulnerabilities, +1 Str, +1 Con
2. +2    +0     +3     +3    Armored Scales, +1 Str, +1 Con
3. +3    +1     +3     +3    Resistances, +1 Dex, +1 Int
4. +4    +1     +4     +4    Military Occupational Specialty, +1 Dex, +1 Wis

Weapon Proficiencies: Tasoth are proficient with Simple and Martial weapons, but no Armor or Shields.

Tasoth Body: The Tasoth loses all other racial traits and bonuses and gains Monstrous Humanoid traits (Basically darkvision 60 feet). It is a medium sized Monstrous Humanoid with a base speed of 30 feet. It has a natural bite attack dealing 1d6+str mod damage.  It also gains a natural armor bonus equal to 3+con modifier. It gains a +1 increase to Str and Con  scores at Levels 1 and 2, a +1 increase to Dex score at Levels 3 and 4, a +1 to Int at Level 3, and a +1 to Wis at Level 4.

Amphibious: The Tasoth can breath underwater indefinitely, and does not need to make constitution checks to avoid drowning. It takes no penalty for fighting underwater.

Swim: The Tasoth has a Swim Speed equal to it's Land speed and can always Take 10 on a Swim Check.

Vulnerabilities: Tasoth take +1 point of damage per die against cold attacks (+2 vs Sonic).  for example an attack doing 2d4 normally, would do 2d4+2 if it's Cold damage (2d4+4 Sonic).

Armored Scales: At Level 2 your Natural Armor Bonus to AC increases by +1, and it increases an additional +1 at 7 Hit Dice and 10 Hit Dice.  You also gain DR x/-, where x is equal to your Tasoth Level.

Resistances: At Level 3 you gain Electricity Resistance 5.  This increases to 10 at Level at 6 hit dice, when you also gain Fire Resistance 5.  At 9 Hit Dice you gain immunity to Electricity damage, and Fire Resistance 10.  At 12 Hit Dice this increases to Fire Resistance 15, and at 15 Hit Dice it increases to 20.

Military Occupational Specialty: At 4th Level the Tasoth can choose one of the following Military Occupational Specialties:

Soldier You gain use Intimidate as a Class Skill and may always Take 10 on Checks.  If you successfully use Intimidate to Demoralize an opponent, he is Shaken for 1 Round per point of Charisma Modifier instead of just 1 Round.

Commander You gain the Leadership Feat as a Bonus Feat, with a +4 Bonus to your Leadership Score.

Techie You gain use Magic Device as a Class Skill and may always Take 10 on Use Magic Device Checks.  Once you have successfully made a Check to activate an Item, you no longer need to make checks to subsequently activate that same item.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:10:51 PM by bhu »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Tasoth
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
Rough draft is done.

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:59:56 AM »
Hooray!  I love it! :clap
Signature here.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 09:43:34 PM »
Busybusy, here's a quick review:
-Would suggest bumping up base skill points to 4+ per level since it doesn't seem to really have any OP abilities per se.
-Ability scores should be listed in the class itself, and seem a bit all over the place. In particular Int and Wis boosts when the only mental score the class rewards you for having is Charisma with the capstone. Would suggest only having 3 boosts and if there's a mental score to be buffed, let it be the Cha, or add something to make use of Int or Wis and focus on that one for boosts.
-The 3rd level seems a bit empty with only some elemental resistance that probably won't matter in most battles. Maybe something to use a mental score for? Like swift action to add it to attack rolls for 1 round?
-The 4th level's wording is a bit unclear in that it only says " may always Take 10 on Checks". The intent is somewhat clear that you can only take 10 on the respective skill checks instead of any checks, but wouldn't hurt to make it a bit clearer.

So nice overall, just could use some extra polishing.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »
Made some changes.  The class is based off the translation of the Tasoth to 3.5 I did for Psysama, and I tried to be true to the original, hence why the stats are a little weird.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 10:02:47 AM »
Well the last thing I can suggest is a pic:

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 04:31:52 PM »
What needs to be done so it can be added to the list?
Signature here.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 09:44:17 PM »
Ups, didn't notice Bhu had added the picture. All good then, is in the index now.