Author Topic: Maps  (Read 2126 times)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
Maps
« on: February 21, 2012, 09:38:13 AM »
Alrighty:

I've spend a few hours trying to get a world map to work in excel, but I am presently stumped because there is no way to get the image of the map BEHIND the fricken grid but still to just stay one size independant of page size, zoom, and other options.

Background doesn't work, page header doesn't work, and if you just insert it into the page then it will be opaque and not display the grid lines anymore. Doh.

Does anyone know of a gaming maps server that actually hosts maps? I don't have a comp I could let openrpg or maptools run on all the time for you to log in and look at them.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »
Obsidianportal.com

I have an ascendant account if you need one to host interactable maps, I could make it and then share it to you so you had control of it if you only have the free amount. It's based on google maps and allows you to put location pins, or players to put in location pins.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Maps
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
I guess I could wait forever, but this will just have to do. I haven't been really inventive on the demon types, yet, so please be prepared for some new enemies to pop out behind corners and stuff.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12539144/Battlegrid_demon_camp.xls

Please use the excel coordinates, because the others run out before the end of the map and somehow don't auto-fill. I'm not sure the distances involved resemble what we've posted before. But I figured it was better to get something out than stick to accuracy....