Author Topic: Neo Granzon  (Read 4410 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Neo Granzon
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »
Neo Granzon

"I have nothing to gain. I do nothing more than act according to my heart."

Originally developed by Shu Shirakawa and Shu Shirakawa from a parallel dimension, Neo Granzon combines knowledge taken from a dark alien deity with ⅔ of the budget of the Divine Crusaders to create a series of systems that allow a pilot and their mecha to bend the forces of gravity, time and space to their own will. Then use the new Granzon super robot to betray and crush both the alien god and the Divine Crusaders.

Any pilot class may swap one of their schools for Neo Granzon.

Maneuver List

1st level
Gran Beam: Strike- Fires a beam of Force.
Time Manipulation: Counter- React faster, resistance against Force.
Kaballah System: Boost-Fight multiple enemies as easily as one.
Annihilation Engine: Stance–Gain Reactor.

2nd level
Granworm Sword: Strike- a blade that slices gravity and time themselves.
Gravity Manipulation: Strike-Burden down enemies and lighten up allies.
Gran Manipulation: Boost- Control the flows of time, gravity and space in battle.
Space Manipulation: Counter-Reposition against enemy attack.

3rd level
Graviton Cannon:Strike-Saturate area with gravity blasts.
Neo Kaballah System:Stance- New and improved support AI.
Gran Gravity: Counter-Burden down enemy targeting you.
Neo Gran Beam: Boost-Force beam spam.

4th level
Worm Smasher: Strike- Attack through portals.
Dark Alchemy: Counter- Nullify other elements.
Neo Granworm Sword: Boost-Combo with the gravity and time slicing blade.

5th level
Neo Graviton Cannon: Boost-More gravitational bombardment.
Distorion Break: Strike-Shoot through multiple portals to drastically increase power.
Neo Time: Counter-React with borrowed time.

6th level
Neo Worm Smasher: Counter-Stop enemy with attacks from portals.
Black Hole Cluster: Strike-Localized singularity to wipe out enemy.
Neo Manipulation: Stance- Gravity, time or space are yours to command.

7th level
Neo Distorion Break: Boost– Shu Shirakawa's advanced research.
Prototype Degeneration Cannon: Strike- The beginning of the end.
Neo Space: Boost-Positions are relative.

8th level
Antimatter Annihilation Engine: Stance-Significant reduction of energy costs.
Neo Black Hole Cluster: Counter-Intercept enemy with a singularity.

9th level
Neo Degeneration Cannon: Boost-To create the new you must first get rid of the old.

Maneuvers Explanations

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:20:18 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Neo Granzon
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:27:20 AM »
Yeah still have to finish Beam Barrage but had a sudden burst of inspiration for this one.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »
 :shakefist

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 03:47:14 PM »
Ooh, this could be really fun to play with. Feels really strong, especially the super-Disintegrate maneuvers and the DC-increase synergy. Also, new record for least subtle martial school name! Your move, Internet Explorer.

Quick copy edit:
  • Time Manipulation there's an extra space inside "another  +1".
  • Annihilation Engine is a Stance but it says it's a Strike under the name.
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Gravity Manipulation" option there are two periods at the end of the sentence.
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Gran Gravity" option I think "For 1 round all are moved" should be "For 1 round all enemies are moved".
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Neo Space" option "in our out" should be "in or out".
  • Neo Kaballah System is a Stance but it says it's a Strike under the name.
  • In Gran Gravity "When somebody eles whitin  60" should be "When somebody else within 60" (note removal of extra whitespace as well as two typos).
  • In Neo Gran Beam "as the maneuver an attack action" should probably be "as the maneuver as an attack action".
  • Dark Alchemy is missing a space between "elements" and "are" in the first line of the description.
  • In Neo Granworm Sword there's an extra space between "effect" and "as", then "way" and "of" too.
  • "Distorion Break" should probably be "Distortion Break" in all the places that use the name.
  • Black Hole Cluster has an extra space before the period at the end of the first sentence of the description.
  • Neo Black Hole Cluster should probably say "Super Pilot 8" for level.
  • "In alternative" (two places) should be "alternatively".
  • "whitin" (11 places) should be "within".
  • Neo Degeneration Cannon is a Boost but it says it's a Strike under the name.

Time Manipulation's Force Resistance seems kind of pointless in context - the basic rules read "Mecha weapons always count as [Force] effects whenever it would be benefical for them..." Since it would not be beneficial if the target has Force Resistance, this would pretty much only apply to other maneuvers in this school (sometimes) and to things from outside the homebrew.

You should also add this and the other new schools (Beam Barrage and Everywhere You Go) to the Index.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:01:19 PM by Fzzr »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 11:34:08 PM »
Ooh, this could be really fun to play with. Feels really strong, especially the super-Disintegrate maneuvers and the DC-increase synergy. Also, new record for least subtle martial school name! Your move, Internet Explorer.

Well Neo Granzon's theme is called Neo Granzon. So it was that or Granzon's own theme, but I'll be saving that for the tactical feat.

Quick copy edit:
  • Time Manipulation there's an extra space inside "another  +1".
  • Annihilation Engine is a Stance but it says it's a Strike under the name.
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Gravity Manipulation" option there are two periods at the end of the sentence.
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Gran Gravity" option I think "For 1 round all are moved" should be "For 1 round all enemies are moved".
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Neo Space" option "in our out" should be "in or out".
  • Neo Kaballah System is a Stance but it says it's a Strike under the name.
  • In Gran Gravity "When somebody eles whitin  60" should be "When somebody else within 60" (note removal of extra whitespace as well as two typos).
  • In Neo Gran Beam "as the maneuver an attack action" should probably be "as the maneuver as an attack action".
  • Dark Alchemy is missing a space between "elements" and "are" in the first line of the description.
  • In Neo Granworm Sword there's an extra space between "effect" and "as", then "way" and "of" too.
  • "Distorion Break" should probably be "Distortion Break" in all the places that use the name.
  • Black Hole Cluster has an extra space before the period at the end of the first sentence of the description.
  • Neo Black Hole Cluster should probably say "Super Pilot 8" for level.
  • "In alternative" (two places) should be "alternatively".
  • "whitin" (11 places) should be "within".
  • Neo Degeneration Cannon is a Boost but it says it's a Strike under the name.
Typos eradicated from this reality, although a couple notes:
-Gran Manipulation "Gran Gravity" affects everybody, not just enemies, cleaned up.
-Distorion Break is the official translation, and Shu has multiple PhDs so I trust that "Distorion" stands for some really advanced physics discovery of his own research.

Also made Antimatter Annihilation Engine benefit Gravity Wall (prototype).

Time Manipulation's Force Resistance seems kind of pointless in context - the basic rules read "Mecha weapons always count as [Force] effects whenever it would be benefical for them..." Since it would not be beneficial if the target has Force Resistance, this would pretty much only apply to other maneuvers in this school (sometimes) and to things from outside the homebrew.
There's still caster pilot classes that can use Force damage spells, and there's also combos like if you make your mecha ethereal then enemies need to make their weapons count as Force to reliably harm you. Still a bit situational yes, but could happen and the Counter also provides other more general benefits. Just wanted to add a more special [Force] touch.

You should also add this and the other new schools (Beam Barrage and Everywhere You Go) to the Index.

Done.

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 07:49:45 PM »
Fair enough. Fixes looks good, I just noticed a couple more when I was looking through again to check:

• In Granworm Sword "the Granworm Sword’s may" should probably be "the Granworm Sword’s damage may".
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Time Manipulation" bonus, "Gain an Haste effect" should be "Gain a Haste effect".
  • In the Gran Manipulation "Gran Gravity" bonus, "everybody are moved" should be "everybody is moved".
  • In Neo Kaballah System "the actual Kaballay System maneuver" misspells "Kaballah".
  • Prototype Degeneration Cannon is missing a space between "objects" and "within" and "then the concentrated" should have "Then" capitalized.

Edit: Also, Neo Degeneration Cannon has the wrong type in the short description list.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:27:11 PM by Fzzr »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 03:54:56 AM »
Erased those typos as well, also added short descriptions to the maneuver list.

Also does this means that Missile Massacre and Everywhere you Go are 100% free of typos? :p

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 03:03:22 AM »
Also does this means that Missile Massacre and Everywhere you Go are 100% free of typos? :p

Nah, I just haven't had the time and energy to read them in close detail yet. You realize I haven't posted the corrections to the original classes and schools either, right? :P

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
You open a portal and pull the Granworm sword and make a melee attack with it, dealing 1d12 base slashing damage for medium size. It has +1 to attack rolls per 3 PL you have and the Pinning property. Hit or miss, you cut a portal near the target that forces them to make a Reflex save with DC 10+1/2 HD+Int mod or be partially sucked into a portal and teleported up to 5 feet per point they failed the save, taking an extra 1d6 damage per 5 feet teleported this way and left Entangled for 2 rounds. If they would be destroyed by the Granworm Sword’s damage, you may have them be fully swallowed by the portal and their remains ejected to some unknown place and time. Even if they save they’re left entangled for 1 round. Any or all of the Granworm Sword’s damage may be converted to Force damage.

Does it always teleport as far as it can? Using Neo Granworm Sword, it would be somewhat... awkward if the enemies were teleported further away than you could follow.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 08:27:30 AM »
That's why it says "up to", you don't need to make them teleport the max distance.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
I'm trying to think of a situation where you can actually use Prototype Degeneration Cannon or Neo Degeneration Cannon.

The part where it affects everyone within 100' seemingly includes you, and definitely includes your allies. Makes it a bit hard to work out when you might use it.

Sure it has long range, but by the time you're fighting it's normally much closer than that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:41:57 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 11:43:49 PM »
You don't need to center it over your target, you can always pick a point further back so they'll be caught in the blast radius and you don't so you can use it as long as you have at least a 105 mu corridor (and hopefully there's no allies in there, but then friendly fire is meant to be a feature with this school, not a bug).