Author Topic: Act - Zero  (Read 19601 times)

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Act - Zero
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »
I back away from her.

"Sorry, you just didn't seem to have noticed us.  I'm...Spider.  I was just wondering where I am."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:30:41 PM by DonQuixote »
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »
"Naraku."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »
"...so, I'm in hell?"

I turn to the other guy in the boat.  "Do you fuckin' believe this?  We're in hell.  Goddamn."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 11:41:47 PM »
Nanashi raises an eyebrow at the mention of Naraku.

Also that the young man seems to know a bit about other languages.

This means that both his eyebrows are raised, which is to say he looks quite surprised with these developments. 

Still, the woman seems to shun interaction, so this youth was to be his only source for information.

"Spider? Was it?"  Nanashi says with a vaguely something accent.  basing his assessment on purely observational data (judging a book by its cover, as it were) He doesn't keep too strict to business protocol as he continues, in a relaxed tone.  "I don't know whether I believe this or not, I'm rather skeptical and believe that I may have been poisoned.  By your mentioning of the internet earlier, I presume that we were in very different circumstances when we were abducted. 

My name is Nanashi Sekka, You can call me Shisa or Simon if either is more convenient.  I live in York.

I'd like to figure out what is going on here, but this woman doesn't seem to wish to talk much.  Can you tell me if you experienced anything unusual before awakening here?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 12:12:12 AM »
I scrutinize this Nanashi fellow.  I...don't know if I can trust him.  How do I know he is who he claims to be?

"I...don't know if I can trust you.  How do I know you are who you claim to be?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »
"Hm?  Have I claimed to be anyone other than a simple man?  I'm not here to convince you of anything, but rather to find out myself what is going on here."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
"I...made a wish.  That's all you need to know."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 12:29:09 AM »
"I did too."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 01:02:18 AM »
"Okay...so, we've established that wishing ends up sending you to hell.  Got it."

I sigh.

"Well, hopefully hell itself will be less boring than the ride there."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 01:19:14 AM »
The girl either doesn't notice your comment or doesn't care, as she doesn't respond to it in any way.  The boat drifts slowly onwards...

One of the glowing shapes is becoming more distinct, almost like you are getting closer to it.  It is hard to make out, but it looks somewhat like a large, stylized flower blossom, hanging in space.

You slowly pass by another torii...
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »
"So, are you fluent in Nipponese?  I must admit, you don't look like you are from there, yet you seemed to know the word for hell well enough."  Nanashi leans against the wall of the boat.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 02:00:23 AM »
"Hell, no.  I just looked it up online, after I was directed to...a website."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
Nanashi nods.  "A website?  That's odd.  I was just in a library when I passed out."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »
"A library, huh?  What were you looking up?"

He's lying.  Pretty badly, too.  I can see right through this guy.  A library?  Hah!  Nobody goes to libraries any more.  Not since the Internet.

Still don't know his game, though.  Better play it cool.  Be cool, man, be cool.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 11:35:26 PM »
This kid seems rather untrusting.  Ah well, it's not like I'm going to have to spend any long amount of time with him.  "I was reading.  It was a very old book, you've probably never heard of it.  'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' was it's title."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 12:31:29 AM »
I scratch my nose reflectively.  "I think I read a manga about that once.  Everyone was a guy, but Alice was trying to find the former Alice--who was actually a girl--so he could take her name or something.  It was weird."

I shrug.  "Not really important now.  Wishing has brought us to hell, so I guess I'll just fuckin' wish we were there already."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 12:34:59 AM »
"Get off."

The girls points, without turning around to look at you, at a large torii drifting next to the boat.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
I nod at her, even though she can't see me.

"All right, see you around, then."

I hop off the boat, into the torii.  Jeeze, I'm feeling this exertion.  That Pringles habit is going to kill me one of these--hah!  Too late!  Already dead!

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 01:11:24 AM »
Nanashi brushes himself off and hops over the edge of the boat as well, aiming for the torii.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:25:04 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 01:27:15 AM »
You both jump off the boat into into the dark water beneath the torii.  A shock races through your bodies as you touch the cold waters, but that soon fades to be replaced with a numbness that flows throughout your entire self.  You can't muster up the energy to keep your bodies afloat, so you sink into the black waters.

As your heads dip beneath the dark, you hear the faint sound of a cat meowing.

"Good job~"

And, for the second time in a row, your consciousness slowly comes back to you.  You're lying in a strange alley, next to the other one.  Everything looks run-down and not quite right, and the signs don't appear to be written in a language you can understand.

The alley appears to be empty, but you can hear the sounds of laughter and conversation from some of the surrounding buildings.  It appears to be night.