Author Topic: BM4  (Read 1364 times)

Offline smirgol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
BM4
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
This is a homebrew game that my cousin and I have been building for about 20years now.  It grew from the BattleMasters boxed game based on Warhammer.  We never looked at the instruction booklet and just made up rules.  They've gotten pretty out of control by now and we're on the 4th major rewrite.  It borrows and steals heavily from many other systems and even some computer games (Civ in particular). 

The 1d6 attack and 1d8 damage resolution is just a nod to the original rules we made when we were 10yrs old.  The Magic System is my favorite of the bits we've cobbled together.

The website is never fully updated, in fact, there are a ton of revisions and new systems I need to add but I've been too sidetracked lately.  If you post a comment on the wiki I will probably ignore/delete it but if you post a comment here I'll be more than happy to respond!

We haven't played an actual game of it in years because we lived on opposite sides of the planet and only get together at Christmas.  Someday, I hope to take a Computer Programming class so that I can figure out how to put all the rules into MapTool and we can play online.  Maybe in the next couple years...

http://planetdryas.wikispaces.com/