Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177032 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »
Katherine's mech seems to shrug off the nanamachines thrown at it, undaunted by whatever the effect might have been intended, and steps out around the corner towards the arcane robot that had flung them. With little movement to give warning, a multitude of energy beams cut through the air and barraged the small mecha before her.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:23:06 PM by ketaro »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2013, 01:38:22 PM »
Hearing nothing from Amaterasu, Min-Yung calculates that perhaps she should secure the residential area where she retreated, seeing how three of the enemy mechas were surrounding it.
Her energy reserves were running low so she'd had to maneuver economically for the more direct confrontation.
Jumping down the wall, she approached to get into the more open field and slashed through space at one of the enemies and hopefully apply enough pressure to attract the enemy's aggression.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:10:07 PM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »
Bahamut releases his inferno and surveys the battlefield before flying over to a remaining enemy and frying it with his breath.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:49:24 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
"I'm getting tired of this.

Murakumo, pattern 'Cage of Agony'."

With that said, Hugo flew a little closer to the enemies still swarming about next to the dome and flung a pair of disks at them.

The disks didn't look as if they did anything - until they burst.

And then, a sudden, thick fog sprang up from the disks, enveloping the unknowns, which quickly realized they were ALSO coated in acidic, flammable fumes.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »
Katherine's first attack is blocked by a sudden  barrier made of floating white runes, but she quickly adapts and turns to slash around it. The arcane unknown's plating is considerably more delicate than its counterparts, and altough Katherine misses one more attack due to the vegetation, is still enough to slice the enemy in four parts, emerald glows coming out from the cut areas. As the broken pieces fall to the ground, they detonate!

Min-Yung aproaches and assaults another unknown, repeatedly slashing against its barrier until one of her blows cleanly gets trough, piercing the unknown's torso trough! The mecha still flails trying to shoot her back, but only manages to scratch the Puppeteer before exploding!

Aden, seeing ZERO aproaching overhead, escapes  as the nearby unknowns try to punch it and reveal concealed vulkans on their shoulders, spraying him with bullets as he passes between them, but failing to stop his escape.

Bahamut then coats the remaining unknowns in his atomic breath. One shoots back before exploding, the others partially melt and just try to take cover as best as possible behind the terrain.

Hugo follows up by traping two of the last visible enemies inside an opaque cloud, leaving them little room to maneuver.

The last divine unknown turns its head around, observing the smoking wrecks that were once its companions, and the party members still standing and aproaching, quickly recovering from whatever damage they took. Then the divine unknown's "eyes" turn to red and start blinking, and it explodes on its own! A split second later, the three other unknowns simultaneously explode as well, securing the ground for yourselves!

Checking among the wreckcage of your opponents to make sure they're finished, you find stacked piles of meseta crystals, as well as six  reinforced green containers. Checking the identification codes on their surfaces, you quickly realize those are ancient and powerful items, the secrets of their production methods lost after the Great Collapse. Once mass produced and widely available, they're now basically priceless relics only found on the hands of planetary leaders or buried in ancient facilities. You can only wonder how they found their way to this newstart colony.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:28:15 AM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
As the others rifled through the remains of the unknown adversaries, probably looking for either clues of their identities or salvage, Katherine was merely prodding a few of the charred, burnt, melted and wrecked hunks of metal absentmindedly with one of her mecha's swords.

"Oh!!" she suddenly shouted into her comm, "Where's Ammy!? She snapped around in her mecha and bounded over to the Yatagarasu. "Ah! The poor thing...Um, but where did you wander off to, Ammy? Can you hear me?"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »
Despite the wounds in her flesh, Amaterasu darted over to the console with a burst of speed and cancelled the file deletion. Hopefully this was one of those things where it didn't delete files piecemeal, and there'd be plenty of information left... or at least enough to piece things together so they had some clue what was going on.

Either way, that was enough nuclear hellfire for now, she didn't want to risk breaking this place apart before anyone got here.

The reply to Katherine was short, though rather lacking in specific details: she was inside one of the buildings outside the dome, there was an exploded mecha by the entrance, and she'd found a computer that was deleting stuff before she'd stopped it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »
Bahamut ZERO drifts down towards the entrance where Amaterasu was seen dashing in. He lands and walks on all fours towards he casually swiping the charred metal remains of an enemy mech to get a greater view of the door and wonders if his Huge-sized (in normal D&D sizes) would fit in the door ok.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
Bahamut doesn't feel like ZERO can fit inside the building, not whitout inflicting massive structural damage at least. It was clearly designed to allow only normal-sized humanoids to pass trough normally.

Amaterasu suceeds in cancelling the deletion process. Several files seem to still be in readable condition, but most seem to be data reports of the storage and use of basic supplies like food, medicine and working tools for which this building was aparently assigned for. She'll need some time to sort out trough the terminal contents to look for clues for her current assignment.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »
The danger passed, Pha took the opportunity to drop off the Puppeteer and link with her nanoarmor.
Her secondary interface disjointed to maintain control of the mecha while she left it to scout around and meet up with the others.
On the way, she entered a higher state and tried to find within the overlapping cyberspace some vestiges of those whom had just blown themselves to bits. When that would be done with, she'd quickly return to the group.

"There were many lifeforms within the dome. When everyone is ready we should go ahead and track them down. They may be survivors."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »
"If the units outside are any indication, whoever survived is probably hidden. This is a large structure... let's hope they've gone deep enough to stay hidden but not so much that we can't find them.

Hm. Do we have control over the P.A. system?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2013, 10:32:08 PM »
Bahamut radios his follower, Ken, whom was aboard the blown up ship to see if he is ok.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2013, 10:42:20 PM »
"So, anyone else want to take over searching this? Like hell I'm going through the front door after this mess," Amaterasu asked, irritated at the tedium of going through the records--and hoping that one of the others would be willing to take over the job, "And I've got a plan for getting inside that doesn't involve walking straight into another ambush. I need radar girl to tell me where the hell the possible survivors are, though."

Cut out a chunk of exterior wall, and pull it free through superior strength. Absolutely nothing could go wrong, right? It wasn't as if people designed buildings so that all the explosive, volatile stuff was near the surface...

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »
"Is there something wrong with the front door? This isn't search & destroy, its search & rescue. And security systems are a thing, you know?" Katherine commented back over the comm. She repositioned her mecha between a couple nearby buildings and activated it's cloaking system before hopping out of the cockpit and floating softly to the ground in her Nano Armor. "If there are no other takers...I'm going to go ring the doorbell, 'kay?"

Heading towards the central pillar-like building now, probably in too care-free a manner all things considered, she went on to look about for a sort of door or entrance.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »
Eyes widening--for all her inability to pay attention or really think before acting, Amaterasu had enough experience to be certain that going in through a single obvious and extremely easy to trap and defend chokepoint was tantamount to suicide--and wings flaring, the mercenary abandoned her station, hoping someone else really would take it over, and rushed after her former pupil with as much speed as she could muster.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2013, 01:46:34 AM »
She instructed her secondary interface to maintain surveillance of the area and keep track of everything with the dome so that it may guide them from outside using the superior sensors of the mecha. The puppeteer stationed close to it and initiated stealth protocols, camouflaging itself with its surroundings.

Being called out for the guidance, she interrupted the exchange.
"If you want into the dome, I can probably restructure the walls to open them so that we may pass without inflicting damage to the building. No need to inflict collaterals if we can avoid it (I can only let you imagine just how expensive its construction has been). ...Best part is that it will leave no debris along the way."

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2013, 02:13:36 AM »
As she approached the central tower, Katherine slowly raised her head to take in the full scope of this building from ground level. It was pretty cool, though it was always pretty cool to look up at something huge from below. Distracting her from taking in the view however, a sudden feeling of something behind her and a following rush of wind semi brought Katherine back to what she was doing, and that apparently seemed to be avoiding another ambush? Nonetheless, she was reflexively moving attempt to side-step it before she could even see or identify who it was and drawing one of her blades.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:22:29 AM by ketaro »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2013, 07:12:54 AM »
Positioning herself firmly between Katherine and the door, Amaterasu folded her arms and looked every bit as stern as she could manage ignoring the fact that she now had a blade pointed in her direction. "You are not going through the main entrance on your own."

"Does reshaping the walls last and leave an exit, though? And how is making them a different shape less of a problem than just cutting a large chunk out of them?"

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2013, 08:39:08 AM »
"Ah! Don't scare me like that Ammy!" Katherine cried as she finally noticed who had just tried to run her down. "If I can't go alone, then just come with me. I don't get what is with all this discussion just on how to get inside..."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »
"Lassic's BALLS you are all such scaredy-cats." Hugo grumbled.

"Fine, fine, I"m going to spend a little personal power so you can stop getting your knickers in a bunch."

Thus, Hugo employs a time-honored strategy of badasses and assholes everywhere.

He summoned a couple of patsies to set off traps. Intentionally.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.