Author Topic: The Forgotten Forge  (Read 16285 times)

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
  • A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
The Forgotten Forge
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »
Part One: Death in the Upper City

Curtains of water fall from the sky as you traverse the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening.

(click to show/hide)
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Forge
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »
Sim makes his way across the bridge from infront of the fountain, heading along the lower edge of the bridge. His appearance for the moment is of a tall male human with short blonde "spiky" hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. Hiw explorer's cloak keeping him rather dry for the most part, the large hood pulled up over his head as he attempts to see through the rain.

(click to show/hide)

Cumulo walks briskly through the rain, unmindful of the chill.  Frost momentarily rimes the edges of his footprints, as he peers through the darkness. Icy eyes spotting an altercation, he lets out a shout "Halt!  Criminal Scum!", and rushes over to the bridge.  He looks over the edge for a second, trying to spot the figure, then turns to the victim.  Bending over, he checks whether or not the victim is beyond his help.

(click to show/hide)

One Self is walking into the area from "A", heavy "clank, clank, clank" footsteps marring his path.   One sees the fountain where one was to meet Old Gerald, the man with some of the earliest forgecraft notebooks, and a scene unfolding.  One walks towards it, not knowing what is happening.

(click to show/hide)

Hiding in a bush near A, Marl has been consumed with eating the fish he stole from a shop earlier today, his Psi-Crystal hovering and watching, while Marl degorges himself upon the fish, hearing the loud noise yell for a criminal a shiver runs down his spine and he slowly walks out the bush, hoping it wasn't him that was someone was out looking for he looks around, but being fairly sure it wasn't him, he goes to investigate the person who yelled.
"Who goes there?" Cracks his squeaky voice from underneath his breath, terrified that enemies might be approaching, he clutches his staff.
(click to show/hide)

The skybridge ahead spans the distance between platforms attached to the sides of two different towers—Dalannan Tower and the Kelsa Spire. A body lies on the floor of the bridge, and you can see a mixture of rain and blood pooling around it. A leather satchel, still clutched tightly in the body’s hand, lies in the expanding puddle of water and gore.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
One Self, an armored Warforged with a backpack, runs over to the body.  "This must be Old Gerald.  He is not functioning.  Did one of you do this?" One Self asks plainly.  One realizes that anyone involved would likely have fled by now.
(click to show/hide)
"There are others here.  Caution."  One Self will grab the leather satchel, if there's time.

Guards!  There's been a murder!
Cumulo spins around to the source of the sound
Who goes there?

(click to show/hide)

Sim heads towards the dead body, eyes blue eyes noticing the satchel. He picks up the sounds nearby. "Aye I hear it too, what happened to him?" He asked in a smooth concerned voice, referring to the deceased.

(click to show/hide)

All questions were answered a moment later as a cry came from the edge of the bridge, "Die you flesh-loving traitor," As the cloak figure returns to the scene. It charges strait for One, and collides with the warforge with great force.

(click to show/hide)

Sim attempts to gain quite a wee bit on distance of the yelling cloaked figure that just attacked one of the individuals standing near him. Once said distance was acquired, his right hand make a few precise movements while choice words are said under his breath. Between his thumb and index finger of his left hand are briefly held a few rose petals, which promptly disappear. All the while staring intently near the clocked figure.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
If the sleep is unsuccessful
(click to show/hide)

If the sleep is successful
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The strike connects solidly with a ring, "Gah, you will pay for that little fleshling." Said the cloaked figure.

A screech comes from One Self's body as he pushes back valiently...
(click to show/hide)
...but fails and emits a low pitched "Vrooooommmm..." followed by a weak "error".  As he goes limp.

>>anyone disliking humans will probably dislike me as well in here, I've got to figure out who these guys are later.<< Marl'un thinks to himself as he readies his crossbow and fires at the cloaked figure. Afterwards he steps into the bush right next to him.

Surrender, and show your face, or we will destroy you! He squeaks in his high-pitched squeaky voice.

(click to show/hide)

The crossbow bolt goes sailing over the railing, unnoticed by the assailant. It makes a quick swerve around Cumulo, drawing a battle axe on the way, "You will not escape that easy, weakling." It said as it swung the deadly weapon in a great arc.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
Cumulo swings and misses as the dude retreats.
(click to show/hide)

He redirects his spell from the original planned area to account for the cloaked figure's movement. The spell's casting is finished just in time to allow him to leap back enough to avoid the swing from that greataxe, continuing to move backwards to gain quite a bit of distance on the cloaked figure. While saying "Hey now, there's no need for this. I just happened on the scene"
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Seeing a spell go off, Marl decides it's time to help these strangers. He moves towards the target in order to be able to use some of his own powers, but he still keeps behind the group of warriors fighting.

(click to show/hide)

Cumulo steps 5' northeast in order to flank the ringing guy, then punches at his face again.

1d20+3=10

(click to show/hide)

The cloaked figure turns to face Cumulo, “Shall I return the favor of earlier?”  It said as it started a large arc.

(click to show/hide)

The blow misses as Cumulo dodges to the side, and the force of the swing unbalances the figure. It catches itself just short of falling, but its hood fell in the process, revealing its metallic head.

As the fighting continues, shouts can be heard from the nearby towers, "Hey, stop that!" "Call the Watch!" "Murder!" "They're murdering that man!"

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »
Sim yells out "Yes! Call the Watch! That warforged with the axe has just murdered someone! And is trying for more!" this was said in his smooth voice while a loaded hand crossbow was drawn. He then proceeds to move forward 30 ft back towards the fighting.

(click to show/hide)

Cumulo follows after the 'forged, not willing to let it retreat. His body flares up with silvery energy.

Criminal, you have violated the laws of god and of man!  Surrender now, lest I be forced to call down fire upon you!

Holding his holy symbol aloft, a jet of phantasmal flames shoots up, coalescing into a silvery cloud fifty feet above.  It crackles with flashes of pale energy, promising rapid destruction.

Did you really think you could get away with murder in front of a vessel of the Silver Flame?

(click to show/hide)

Seeing his opportunity for disabling a dangerous foe, Marl decides to end this threat now.
He reaches into the depths of his minds, and draw upon his powers, creating a slippery floor below the warforged enemy.
He proceeds to reload his crossbow, as he yells: "We shall take you alive, Murderer!"

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

"We shall see," Retorted the warforged as it gracefully executed another swing at Cumulo.

(click to show/hide)

Sim moves straight east twenty-five feet and side steps south 5 feet. Facing the axe-wielding warforged he asks "Tell me, do you enjoy colors?" Left hand making the necessary somatic motions as arcane words were whispered under his breath. Before fingers were delving into his spell component pouch for a packet of blue, red and yellow colored powder.  His hand then thrust out towards the warforged, producing a 15 foot cone of cascading colors just after the powder packet disappears.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
The axe tumbles from the warforged hands, and he seems to freeze in place.

(click to show/hide)

Good job.  Does anyone have something to tie him with until the guards get here?

He nods to Cumulo in responce to the praise. "Not I, I'm afraid." He still keeps his Hand Crossbow trained on the warforged.

Cumulo moves behind the stunned forged, out of his field of view.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I have something.

Cumulo pulls out a nice looking pair of tan-colored manacles. 

Help me clamp these onto his arms and legs, would you?  I don't want him escaping justice.

(click to show/hide)

Now that there's something to secure the warforged with, he puts away his Hand Crossbow before then moving to help with the manacles. "I would like to learn a few things from him first, perhaps we can question him before turning him over to the guards. What are we going to do about the other one?" Nodding to the deactivated Warforged. "He looks in bad shape."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
I'll try to bring him around.

Cumulo channels some healing energy into One Self, but it doesn't seem quite sufficient to bring him back fully.  He facepalms.

Right.  Warforged.  Well, the watch should have something to patch him up.

He brandishes his holy symbol, and his eyes start glowing with silver radiance again.  He turns to the bound warforged, staring into his soul.

Now, the question is, why have you cloaked figures suddenly decided to turn to murder?

(click to show/hide)

"A most dangerous foe this was, Remember asking him about where he gets his orders."
Marl squeaks as he examines the human body, looking for any dragonmarks especially.
"By the way, I'm Marl'Un Gruthi'Kal, but you can call me Marl, most gracious of allies, for a moment there, I'd think the 'forged would get the better of us."

(click to show/hide)

The body is that of an elderly human scholar, who had an unfortunate encounter with the cloaked figure on the rainswept skybridge just moments before you arrived. He is dead.

Identification papers in the dead body’s shirt pocket provide the victim’s name (Bonal Geldem), his position at the university (provost), and his affiliation (School of Pre-Galifar Studies at Morgrave University).

A small pouch hanging on the body’s belt contains 10 silver pieces and 2 gold pieces.

The satchel, obviously well made and stylish, contains quills and inks, six blank sheets of fine Karrnathi paper, a wrapped apple, and a journal.

And who put you up to this? 

(click to show/hide)

Sim takes care to move the cloaked warforge's axe a good distance away from him, just in-case those manacles don't hold. He then assists Marl with checking out the dead body.

"I'm Jason, Jason Spencer" says the blonde spiky haired human as he looks through Bonal's pocket and belt pouch.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:52:51 AM »
As Cumulo asks his question, the warforged seems to become less rigid. It turned its head to face him, with eyes burning with resentment, but it quickly looks away when a shrill blare of a Watch whistle sounds nearby.

(click to show/hide)

The warforged turns back, "You only delay us!" It shouted as it made a clumsy lunge over the railing.

(click to show/hide)

Another blast of a Watch whistle suggests that the law enforcers are fast approaching.

He quickly moves to slip the coins and documents into one of his cloak's many pockets before the Watch arrive. Hiding them upon his form for later examination and inspection.

You're not escaping that easily, murderer!

Cumulo jumps off the ledge after the warforged.  As he falls between buildings and bridges the silvery clouds follow above, descending like an angry god.  Eyes burning, he brandishes his holy symbol at the bound warforged falling below him.  The fool should learn to fear the dreadful wrath of the Silver Flame. 

(click to show/hide)

Looking over the edge, Marl decides he hasn't got wings yet, and that jump would be rather extreme, being the weak-willed coward he is, he decides that's not what he is about to do.
"So what do you think we should do? I don't think the watch will be understanding of our story that a warforged came from nowhere and killed this man, would you think it is time leg it, Jason? Also, the other warforged seemed like he could help us out, should we attempt to get him repaired?"

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

As you go sailing over the railing you feel as if the air is holding you back as you fall. By contrast the warforged below you looks to be going faster and faster until you see him hit a bridge.

(click to show/hide)

With your slow decent, you are able observe a group form around the fallen warforged and then get dispersed by a roving patrol of three Watch, who start examining the body, until they notice you in close proximity. To your unfortunate luck, one of the Watch is a warforged.

“What’s all this then? Pushing hard working warforged to their certain deaths? I will not have it! You are under arrest for murder good sir.”

One of the other Watch seems hesitant to speak, but does so nonetheless, “But Sergeant Biggles, sir, shouldn’t we at least ask him a few questions?”

“Racism cannot be tolerated cadet. Fear not though, if he is truly innocent the courts will find him so.”

Two males and a female, wearing the green-and-black studded leather of Sharn’s City Watch, emerge from the rain-drenched night. The leader, a powerfully built bald dwarf with a close-cropped beard, steps forward, leveling his crossbow in your direction. The small ball of arcane light, hovering just above and behind his left shoulder, illuminates the area. To each side, a human male and female stand with halberds at the ready.

“Olladra’s bloody nose!” the dwarf curses. “By order of the Watch, drop your weapons and explain yourselves!”

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
"Marl didn't do anything!" The kobold screams in his squeaky voice while dropping his crossbow.

"I heard fighting and decided to aid these people against something that seemed like a very aggresive warforged.I assume he was the one that murdered this gentleman." He says while pointing to the corpse of the scholar.

I'm pretty sure this cloaked warforged was possessed.  I don't see any reason why anyone would try to kill a warforged up on that bridge and then jump off when prevented from finishing the job.  Why the hell would anyone in their right minds resist the bridge's featherfall?  Just ask the warforged up there who got disabled, I'm sure he'll corroborate.

He sticks out his hands to be cuffed.

Still, I appreciate your dedication to justice.  Do you mind if I recollect the device I attempted to incapacitate him with before we go back to the station?  It was a gift from my coatl mentor, and has sentimental value.

(click to show/hide)

Sim puts his hands up, palms out to show the watch members that he is not armed. "We happened upon a dead body upon the bridge, after a few moments of checking it out, we were attacked by a cloaked figure with an axe. The cloaked figure turned out to be a Warforged who has just jumped over the bridge after a short skirmish in which he disabled that warforged." Motioning to One "One of the others who had found the dead body followed him in an attempt to prevent his escape."

(click to show/hide)

“I am afraid not, it will be confiscated until such time as your guilt or innocence can be decided.” Glancing over to the cadet, “Well step lively, I don’t want to miss my afternoon tea.” The cadet produces a pair of metal loops, connected by only a couple links of chain, which is connected to his person. Mean while Biggles bends over and retrieves the statue. It gives a salute to the other member of the watch, “Hold down the fort until back-up arrives, and then get this body off my street. Now then let’s gets moving.” The cadet takes the lead and the five feet of chain between you two grows taut.

The dwarf raises an eyebrow at the kobold’s story, and then the other at the human’s story, “So, you both are saying that a warforged killed this man, ran away, and came back to attack you, and then jumped over the side while someone jumped after him?” He asked skepticism thick in his voice. Looking over to one of the other members of the Watch, “Did someone mark my head, again, or does that sound like one of the wildest stories that we have heard in awhile?” The other two give a small chuckle at the question. The dwarf lets out a sigh be speaking again, “Seeing as I have only your word on the matter, I am sorry to say that a higher source of justice is going to be required in such a matter.” Talking to his helpers, “Take their weapons and bind their hands so we can get back to the bar.”

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
"Aye you are correct good dwarf" Says Sim before, while making slow movements, reaches into his cloak to withdraw his hand crossbow while his other hand removes the bolt case from his belt, handing both to the watch officer directed to take his weapons.

(click to show/hide)

"Well, to me it makes sense, these bridges are protected with magic making it impossible to die from jumping over them, throwing yourself over them would be the perfect escape, since the fall is rather long, momentum could see you end up rather far away or even on a bridge lower down. For a watch looking to protect this city against heinous criminals, this should happen close to every day. Nevertheless, I'm sure you have a gratified system of justice that will see us through." Says Marl, attempting the guards to sweet talk the guards into letting him go, while he hands them his dagger, his 19 bolts for his crossbow, and motions to the rather small crossbow while saying "That is mine by the way."

The dwarf just nods and then shakes his head, you can hear him mumble, “I need a vacation…”

The other two members of the Watch come up, one take you weapons, while the other put a pair of metal loops, connected by only a couple links of chain, which is connected to his person, onto your wrists.

“Alright, you two get them to the nearest holding cell; I’ll wait here until the medics arrive…” He shook his head again, “…while I get soaked to the bones.”

(click to show/hide)

Cumulo is taken to a Watch station and tossed in a cell, where his bindings are removed. A few minutes later Sim and Marl are brought in and unbound. Lastly One is dragged into the cell, after the guard closes the door, she pulls out a small stick tapping him with it.

(click to show/hide)

So, um, you know that maniac who jumped off a bridge to escape justice?  Turns out he didn't have a plan or featherfall.  The crater's going to take a couple of days to repair.

Just then a steadily increasing "vrrrrrrr" sound comes from the catatonic warforged, who then rights himself.

"Where is One?  What has happened to Gerald?"  One looks around frantically.  "What is going on?"

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
"We are in a holding cell, we were attacked by another warforged after we found the deceased. The warforged escaped to his death appearantly." Says Sim sighing. "Who is Gerald?"

"One was to meet Gerald there.  One assumes that was the nonfunctioning one."

"So he just jumped us and then suicided? Your sure he wasn't under some sort of spell making him do that?"

"I'm Marl by the way, I attempted to introduce myself before, but the rude watch cut me short, and a falling warforged."

Marl look first at Cumolu, then at One.

"This here is Jason, but what are your names? And what are you doing in Sharn? Except for helping Marl fight Suicidal warforged?"

I am Cumulo Surrus, servant of the silver flame.

He waits a moment for the rest of the introductions to finish up

I believe I saw a small creature detaching from the warforged midair; possession seems to be a likely cause, though I could detect only a single set of thoughts coming from the warforged.  It is possible that it was a nonsentient device creating an artifical geas, or the possessing entity had defenses against detection.

(click to show/hide)

In either case, I believe the crux of the issue is the contents of that satchel.  Does anyone know the significance of them?

"A small creature... Attached to the Warforged?  How bizarre.  One does not know what that may have been."
kn:Arcana - 1d20+8=10
kn:Planes - 1d20+5=10
(geez)

"It appears that One is imprisoned with yourselves.  And as One has been told, yourselves helped One already.  Perhaps we should form a unit for the immediate future?"

I am currently on a detached assignment for my Order, and will be for the foreseeable future.  Given the evidence for a possible supernatural evil at work, I am confident I will be assigned to investigation.  If possession or mental control is involved, I would greatly prefer to work with people I'm sure aren't already influenced.  Given our shared involvement in the altercation, I believe it unlikely that any of us is. 

Given the current, "stretched-thin", state of my Order, I doubt that substantial support will be forthcoming.  It would be very beneficial to have some trustworthy allies.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:15:23 PM »
"Aye, I too think joining forces would be a good idea. I'm curious to find out just what is going on." The spiky haired human has taken a seat near the back wall of the cell.

You seem like you are not hunting kobolds for sport, Marl will join you, if for anything else, to find out whether this creature uses magic to dominate it's victims, Marl loves investigating magic.

The kobold looks around the room, seeming to remember something

Speaking of magic, now when I brought it up myself, I saw you use an array of powers before, Cumulo was it? Would you mind letting me "borrow" some of your powers, I'm especially looking for something that can heal wounds, since it will benefit our entire group, should you be injured I could cure you right back, well, I believe you servants of the silver flame are granted such powers by divine mandate, am I not correct?
The kobold says while staring at Cumulo through his reading glasses.

Although you are welcome to attempt to duplicate my magical talents, I doubt that you possess the unwavering devotion necessary to channeling the Silver Flame's righteous powers.

It is getting late.  I suggest we rest for the no doubt arduous morning.

Cumulo tries to get some sleep.

Bah, it probably wouldn't work anyway, you aren't a divine magician, however, sleep sure sounds good.

The kobold starts meditating himself into a rest.

He also psionically focus himself.

After several hours of rest, and no word from anybody, you hear the sound of boots in the hallway. They slowly approach; as they get closer you can see lights in the hallway. When they get close enough, you see it is the dwarf and an unknown face, both in Watch uniforms, the latter is carrying all of your gear. The dwarf produces a key from one of his pockets and goes to unlock the door. “Your patron seems to have cleared up everything, you are free to go.”

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
Sim takes his hand crossbow and the bolt case, putting them back in their proper positions, the case on his belt and the crossbow stowed under his cloak. He can't help but raise an eyebrow at the individual claiming to be their patron, but remains silent for now.

I hadn't expected the situation to be resolved so quickly.  No doubt you'll have much to discuss with us.

Chauser straps his equipment back on, and forms the coatl statue into a jug on his back with a "swirls of flames" motif.

The dwarf raises an eyebrow at the display with the sand but doesn't comment on it, "All matters have been taken care of for now, but I have been assured if we have any other questions for you, we will have no trouble finding you."

Picking up his things, the kobold looks through them, ensuring they aren't damaged, when everything seems to be fine, he starts strapping his armour back on.

A patron? Marl surely is interested in why he would call himself that.

"One does not know of this patron, as well."  One stands up, and will follow the others out the cell.

"Guard, what will become of the remains of the victim?"

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »
The figure that had carried your gear in stiffens, and the dwarf says, “No patron you say? Hmm…”

(click to show/hide)

“Don’t worry about that poor soul; he will be taken good carry of by his house.”

Sim makes his final preperations to leave along with the others before his attention returns to the dwarven guard and the unknown indivdual beside him. Noticing the guard reaching for the pouch. "I do not believe the others have met our patron yet, do you have something to give us?"

(click to show/hide)

There are a couple of people who only recently decided to go along with us, and as such to whom the details have not been fully explained.  I am certain in due time everything will make sense.

(click to show/hide)

"Huh?" Says the dwarf and then he glances down at his hand, "Oh sorry, just checking the time."

(click to show/hide)

Yes, Time time time. Time is of the essence and we should leave now.

The kobold acts a little confused then looks to remember something.

Although I do feel like we might be forgetting something, something valuable indeed.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
"Good dwarf, if you were asked to give something to us, it is your duty to do so." Says Sim still looking at the pouch.

(click to show/hide)

It was the dwarf's turn to look confused, "Give you something? Isn't all your gear in order?" A worried look crossed his face.

"No no, I was simply wondering if you had something in that pouch for us. You seemed to go for it when my metallic friend expressed he did not know of the patron."

"One should interject that One is only eighy-three and one half percent metal, with the remaining being various bits of once-organic tissue, and that is by mass."

Realization crosses the dwarf's face; he reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small golden orb, attached to a short chain. As he holds it, the top of the orb splits into two pieces rotating to the bottom, to reveal a white softly glowing orb within. "Just going for my watch."

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
If I'm reading that right, it's high time we were out of here.  Let's not keep occupying the time of this civic servant

(click to show/hide)

"Aye, I agree. Let's go" And with that Sim moves out from the cell and towards the exit, once through the exit he only waits long enough for everyone to rejoin him so that they can move on together.

(click to show/hide)

The kobold starts leaving, apparently uninterested in the bauble.

Lunar time is rarely needed, let's get going.

(click to show/hide)

Arcana: 1d20+8=24
Religion: 1d20+4=7 <-failed
Sense Motive: 1d20-2=15

"Curious object, there, sir dwarf.  Can I examine that object?"  He takes note of its construction, and any originating marks.

Whether or not he does, afterwards he gets ready to leave behind the kobold

The dwarf seems to lighten up at the request but is wary enough to hold onto the chain while you examine the object.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:08 PM »
You exit the building to find the same place you entered from, a small space outside the Watch outpost, which has only one pathway to the rest of the city. It is the middle of the night, with a full moon high in the sky. Though it is late, a fair amount of people are still walking the streets. Besides the two guards at the door to the outpost, there is no one else on the outpost's side of the bridge.

Delighted by the night breeze, the kobold seems to move faster.

Ah, I've always liked the night, it cools the skin, Jason, do you know where we are going?

"Not off hand, any suggestions? I'm still rather interested what caused that incident on the bridge." He says lowly while walking across the bridge away from the guard post.

Whoever it was that claimed to be our mentor obviously had some purpose in smoothing over this event.  I suspect we shall be contacted in the near future.  If we all meet up in some relatively public area, say, The Shrine of Fathen the Matyr, I am certain we will soon be met.

I am currently making my lodgings at Coldflame Keep.  With this late hour, I doubt it will be easy to find a place to stay.  If you wish, you are welcome to stay, though the accommodations are somewhat spartan.

(click to show/hide)

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 12:26:50 PM »
A mighty fine offer, it sure beats living on the street, hiding from the watch is rather hard in these upper parts of the city, and down below there are loads of robbers.

They rarely attack me though, looking like a monster has it's perks.

So I think I'll take you up on the fine offer.

The kobold looks very grateful, it doesn't seem often someone has offered him anything.

A true servant of The Silver Flame would never look down upon a person solely because of their reptilian origin.  For, are not the coatls wing-ed serpents?  And is not a coatl part of the very Flame itself?

It might be advisable for One-Another to be in a reasonably secure location.  If there is a mechanical geas device, whomever is behind it might very well choose you as its next target.

Cumulo heads for Coldflame, with whoever decides to go with him.

(click to show/hide)

Not reptilian, Draconic, am I. There's a significant difference, Coatls are magnificent creatures indeed, but they are not dragons.

Says the kobold as he attempt to keep up with the cleric.

(click to show/hide)

Sim simply follows along to the Silver Flame keep, keeping a good 10 or so feet behind everyone as he ponders.

(click to show/hide)

As you make your way through the winding pathways of Sharn, headed for Coldflame Keep, you get this feeling of being watched. Cumulo and Sim could even swear they saw a figure in their peripheral vision, but when they turned, no one was in sight.

The crowds have thinned even more with the early hour, with having seen only a couple others traveling the bridges in the past few minutes.

You round a corner, continuing on you trek. The feeling of being watched returns. You hear a noise behind you and you turn to investigate, but as before, there is nothing to be seen. To your surprise, as you turn to move on, there is a cloaked figure standing in your path. It has its hands extended and palm up as a gesture of peace. “So you were tough enough to defeat Cutter and smart enough to get out of the Watch outpost…with a little help. Maybe you are competent enough for the job.”

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
At first the kobold looks startled, but it soon settles down. Who are you? He squeaks in his usual chatter.

"Myr, at your service," Said the cloaked figure, with a flashy bow.

Cumulo tries to recall anything he knows about the stranger

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

And what service would that be, good sir? I am Marl, pleased to meet you

I assume you're referring to the warforged supremacists?

Sim notices the group has stopped just in time to barely avoid walking into the person ahead of him before his gaze focuses upon the cloaked figure.

You know of the warforged that attacked us?

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage