Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 165213 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »
Jeremy emerges onto the deck, Bayleef trailing behind him.  He sits down on the deck away from the others, and Bayleef nuzzles him gently.  "I'm okay Bayleef, I've just never killed anyone before, and to make it worse I made you guys help me," he says softly. 

"Bayleeef," she gently responds as she lays down and puts her head in his lap comfortingly. 

"I know Bayleef, it was for the best.  We helped save all those people, we did what was right.  We've just never had to kill before, we used to just knock out the other guy's Pokémon and then we won."  He sighs.  "We'll be okay Bayleef.  We can't let everyone down by acting sad and bringing everybody down." 

Jeremy then goes quiet, staring at at the ocean as he hugs his Bayleef.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »
Zax brings Jeremy a warm beverage to help ward off the morning kill.  "The first kill is always the hardest.  You get used to it... though that's probably not a good thing."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
Rabbit notices Jeremy join them on the deck, and the sour expression on the youngling's face can be detected even without the aid of advanced optical systems. Zax walks over to comfort Jeremy, but even Rabbit has a feeling that that level of comfort will scarcely suffice. The ex-Space Pirate walks over towards Jeremy, removing his helmet as he does, and kneels down nearby the Pokemon trainer and his bestest friend, Bayleaf.

"Do you mind if I join you, Jeremy?" Rabbit asked. Protocol 101.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:20:54 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »
Jeremy accepts the warm drink from Zax with gratitude.  He remains quiet at Zax's revalation.

When Rabbit walks over Jeremy looks up at him and smiles.  "Of course I don't mind."  He then listens quietly as Rabbit talks.

"You and Zax are my friends," Jeremy says once Rabbit has finished.  "And thank you, both of you.  I'm better now."  He then thinks for a moment.  "You have a friend that I haven't met?  Do you have a Pokémon too?"

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
Kurt comes up from below deck, rubbing his face with his hand (Arm? Flipper?) as if to brush out the sleep, or just to massage himself awake.

Kurt is exited for the day. He has spent only a very little time with these people, but they had all shown great abilities, and today they were to set out on another adventure of some sort. He was all too happy to have the opportunity to watch them, and learn from them.

As he walked up to where Rabbit, Zax and Jeremy were, he realizes the somewhat hushed tones, notices people down-looking.

Kurt decides it is best to say little again, as to avoid saying the wrong thing. But nonetheless, it was rude to walk up to people and say nothing, so Kurt decided to use a greeting that he'd head used by others often enough.

"A pleasant morning to you gentlemen."

Not really knowing what either "pleasant", or "gentlemen" meant, Kurt only hoped that his chosen words were the right ones.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »
Jeremy being cheered up was the goal, and Rabbit accomplished with ease.

"You have a friend that I haven't met?  Do you have a Pokémon too?"

"I'm not certain if it is a Pokemon, but..." Rabbit looked up, "Hex Six Four. Approach." he called up, and the Rezbit that had been collecting barometric samples per microcycle and comparing them to statistical analysis heuristics descended to the deck level, orange screens occasionally appearing, processing trillions of bits of data in the blink of an eye before closing the orange screen.

"This, is called a Rezbit. They are a race of digital constructs, living data. My people use them as guardians, and to help process massive amounts of information quickly. This one is designated Hex Six Four. Hex Six Four, this is Jeremy." and the Rezbit made a welcoming sound, like a teakettle being crushed by a library book that was on fire. Backwards.

"It said that it is pleased to add you to its list of contacts, and anticipates the exchange of data." a pause, "That means it is happy to meet you."

Rabbit turned towards Kurt, and gave a nod, "Good morning to you, Kurt." a pause, "This morning, I instructed Hex64 to analyze the treasure we found in the chest, and it was able to identify about eighty to ninety percent of the items there in. Once the others awaken, we can being discussing who is best suited to receive what."
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »
Jeremy being cheered up was the goal, and Rabbit accomplished with ease.

"You have a friend that I haven't met?  Do you have a Pokémon too?"

"I'm not certain if it is a Pokemon, but..." Rabbit looked up, "Hex Six Four. Approach." he called up, and the Rezbit that had been collecting barometric samples per microcycle and comparing them to statistical analysis heuristics descended to the deck level, orange screens occasionally appearing, processing trillions of bits of data in the blink of an eye before closing the orange screen.

"This, is called a Rezbit. They are a race of digital constructs, living data. My people use them as guardians, and to help process massive amounts of information quickly. This one is designated Hex Six Four. Hex Six Four, this is Jeremy." and the Rezbit made a welcoming sound, like a teakettle being crushed by a library book that was on fire. Backwards.

"It said that it is pleased to add you to its list of contacts, and anticipates the exchange of data." a pause, "That means it is happy to meet you."

Rabbit turned towards Kurt, and gave a nod, "Good morning to you, Kurt." a pause, "This morning, I instructed Hex64 to analyze the treasure we found in the chest, and it was able to identify about eighty to ninety percent of the items there in. Once the others awaken, we can being discussing who is best suited to receive what."

"Information?"
Kurt tried to keep up with what Rabbit had said, but only really understood that this "Rezbit" was (A) something called "living data", and (B) they had info.

Kurt decided to test both of his understandings at once.

"Hex64, he said you are "living data", what does "data" taste like?"
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
"Hex64, he said you are "living data", what does "data" taste like?"

At first there was no response. Rabbit turned to the construct, "Hex Six Four, calculate response." and then the show started. The two smaller orbitals started to, well, orbit around the central sphere, leaving blue rippling wakes in their path as they did. More orange screens flared to life, displayed half a trillion lifetimes of data in a glimpse, then vanished from view. Sometimes they overlapped. Othertimes, they almost coexisted.

Faster and faster the construct calculated, faster and faster the orbs spun, the orbiters orbited. Faster, faster... with narry a sign that they would ever stop let alone slow down. The orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and orbiters kept orbiting and the orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the and orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and orbiters kept orbiting and the orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the and orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and the and orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and the and orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbs spun faster and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and orbs spun faster and the screens blinked quicker and the orbiters kept orbiting and...

Then it stopped.

It then produced a tone that sounded like a trumpet being blown through a lawnmower, while the lawnmower was hit by a truck, which was being eaten by a tarantula. A normal tarantula, mind you. Except that it could eat a truck.

"Hex Six Four remarks that after an extensive analysis... it is unsure."
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
Molida's Island

City's docks

Dawn of the Second Day

As you talk on the deck of the ship and the morning sun rises, you can see Molinda waking up as well. Smoke raises from several of the houses chimneys, windows and doors are opened, people carry goods, the usual Hyrulian lifestype, which may seem quite exotic to some of you. Tiny wood boats are launched into the sea, Molinda's fishermans eager to make up for not having been able to carry out their trade in the last day. The sky is clear, the water calm, a slow breeze blows trough the air, all promising a great new day.

Some small fragments of Pha's ice  can still be seen near the water around you, but none big enough for an human to stand on anymore. On a closer look back at the docks, something seems to be diferent. Something big and green and brown. Rabbit's "summoned" tree now stands on the ground of the docks, aparently having been taken out of the ice and planted there by somebody over the night.

One of the tiny ships aproaches your boat, and you then notice it carries a young hyrulian guard with a radiant face besides an impatient-looking old fisherman, looking at you with some suspicion.

Good morning Molinda saviors! Our captain invites you for a breakfast with the rest of the garrison in our barracks! No, don't worry, we don't eat any of the usual military menu crap in this island, we have fresh fruits and meats from our forest and farms!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:01:42 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
Sleeping out of her fountain was always an uncomfortable experience. No room or bed satisfied her needs and the sea was just too salty. A large jar of source water or a big bush or batch of tall grass filled with morning dew would had been so much better than the rupees she slept on. An acceptable compromise, still.

She barely didn't notice the tree's new location, her attention mostly centered on the fishermen.
Still in the process of fully waking up, she takes a moment to stare at the moon and see if it somehow found itself a bit closer than it was last she looked at it.

Pha waved wearily at the pair coming to greet them.
Eating human food was bound to be special, though she wasn't sure about eating meat.
Though, there was the awkwardness of eating with a bunch of soldiers.
"Ah? Cool. Okay."
She flew by the boat whimsically. Smiling at the others.
"We can leave after for the woods after then."

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »
Molida's Island

City's docks

Dawn of the Second Day

Good morning Molinda saviors! Our captain invites you for a breakfast with the rest of the garrison in our barracks! No, don't worry, we don't eat any of the usual military menu crap in this island, we have fresh fruits and meats from our forest and farms!

Breakfast?

Breakfast?

It has been some time since I had a proper meal. Since I left home it seems like all I've been doing is standing still, sucking in air untill I catch something.

Kurt uses Inhale, then floats right over the boat then blasts an Air Gun into the sky, to drop from about 5ft strait into the boat.

Kurt looks right at the man who'd been speaking does the Kirby Excited Kirby salute-thing. (last link most relevant)
BREAKFAST!
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2012, 04:04:27 AM »
Appearing frighteningly instantaneously, Kong materializes with a smile and a half-asleep expression on his face. "Breakfast is appealing..." He had not seemed to be awake and functional until he heard words like 'breakfast' and 'fruit' from the small guard's mouth. There were only two things that a kong warrior liked nearly as much as fighting, and those two things were sleeping and eating. Ever sine he had left the jungle on his task, he had learned the travelling warrior got to sleep about four hours every few nights, and fruit was a comfort he was not afforded. Honestly, he could not quite remember the last time he had fruit; grains and meat had kept him strong and alive, with fruit being too rare, expensive, and least filling. But to have some again...

He turned towards Rabbit, quickly waking as the time flew on. "Have you discovered the item's auras?" He was most interested in that belt. Not that he needed a new belt; his belt kept him alive, and others alive as well. It was wonderful. But the fist-belt really had an unusual appeal to him. Still, he was not one to act on Greed, and it was just as much a learning curiosity that drove him to ask after them.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
Seeing as everyone attention was diverted. "First Meal it is." he chuckled as he returned his helmet. He gave a nod to Kong, and at his question, he replied. "Yes, Hex Six Four was of incalculable assistance in that task. Most of the items in question were positively matched by arcanosynthesis, and returned positive replies of a semi-psychic tome of transmutable knowledge, a vestment containing a short lived optical camouflage unit comprised of a material with a tensile strength disproportionate to its mass, a non-euclidian kinetic infusion engine, a cognitive harmonizer with aggressive feedback inhibitors, a crystalline stasis module containing a suspended insectile lifeform, fluids that counteract lactic acid buildup and restore damaged bodily usage, fluids that counteract rigid paralysis, fluids that set up an antithical repulsion field against quantifiable negative entities, and while the red fluid and the Pirate commander's glaive resisted the arcanosynthetic decryption, I have deduced that the red fluid promotes cellular regeneration... While the Pirate commander's glaive hurts."

"We can distribute wealth and plunder after first meal, if that is agreeable?"
Link to my homebrews

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
Pha looked at Rabbit with a wince. Not sure how to put it.

"A wha-? Arcane sin tic-tic the crypt sun? Whats with all the crazy talk?"
She wasn't sure what half of that was all about but the loot division question was plain enough.
Her voice deceivingly detached.
"Okay."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:20:42 PM by Anomander »

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2012, 03:45:55 PM »
Kong pays very close attention, and though it is clear he was not sure what Rabbit had said most of the time, one thing did register. And though he initially looked lost in thought and concerned, as if wrestling himself, eventually that faded to a smile aimed at Rabbit. "Layman's terms would be beneficial, hahaha." Kong stretched one last time, now looking fully awake, and was climbing into his chain-armor shirt as he started out. "Breakfast, then.... perhaps a different test for the glaive." He gave a mischievous wink, though he was quite worried-looking as he did so.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
"Ah. Apologies. Rezbits give their reports back as pure data, and Science Division had long since abandoned talking in ley-sentient's terms." he chuckled, then shook his head, "It is an old habit."

"Before my time, Science Division had decyphered the art of what some of the other races called 'magic' into a series of non-eucl... nonsense mathmatics, which were called the Arcanosynthesis Theories. There is a theory that any technology advanced enough might as well be called Magic, and by that theory, the reverse was proved true. Magic can be summarized as hyper-advanced technology." he explained, in so-called leymans terms.

"The tome is semi-psychic and mutable. The contents change based on the expectations of the holder. If you need help studying architecture, the book becomes a book *about* architecture. If you are lost, the book could contain hints and helpful tactics to find your bearings in the wild. It could become a starchart for stargazing, or an atlas to study the layout of the world." he explained.

"The vestment is lighter then it appears, and can hide your location by displacement for a short time. Hex Six Four remarks a possible time frame of five hexmills."

"The belt causes one strike per hexpass to convey additional force, and therefore, additional trauma." he paused, "A hexpass is a unit of time. It is split into sixty hexmills, and sixty hexpass compose a hexmark."

"The crystalline medallion acts very much like Jeremy's pokeball. Inside it is a insect creature, that can be summoned once every cycle." he paused, "A cycle is a unit of time. It is the time from solar rise to solar rise." he explained.

"The crimson fluid repairs you, the blue one restores bodily function and mental clarity, the green one removes physical paralysis, while the yellow one repels negative dominance entities." he concluded. "We encountered creatures like that on Aether, or more precisely, on Dark Aether. A world split in two, light side and dark side for lack of a common comparison. I doubt something like this has occurred before."

"That glaive is still a mystery, though... it would be best to conduct additional tests." He paused for a moment. "Was that better? It helps me learn if I know what works best." One could easily twist that question to one of sarcasm or spite. From Rabbit, though, it had a genuine sound to it.

Link to my homebrews

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »
At least now she knew for sure she preferred the rupees.
Pha listened intently, mostly out of amusement in Rabbit's struggle to make everything simpler.
When he went through the details, she though she'd try to sound smart too.
"How many hexmarks are there in a... huh... cycle?"

Once everyone would be on the boat, she'd fly closeby, trying to get a better understanding of Rabbit's strange civilization.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
Jeremy pipes up.  "What you call a cycle we call a day!"

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »
"It differs from world to world. Some have as few as eighteen, while others have hundreds. A standard cycle is a period of twenty four hexmarks, which is what we use for measuring durations. Though, on worlds with extreme cycle durations, we simply abandon the expression of cycles and measure everything in hexmarks."

"Planets like Icarus Orphan, with a cycle length of eighty six hexmarks, would be a prime candidate for abandonment of the cycle designation. My records and studies of this world show that it has a cycle lengthy of twenty four hexmarks, six hexpasses, fifteen hexmills. Humans back in the Federation would call it... Earth Like."

He paused, "We have a lot of faith in the number six for..." he held up his hands. Three fingers each (Two, plus a thumb), "... obvious reasons."

Jeremy pipes up.  "What you call a cycle we call a day!"

He gave Jeremy a nod, "That is right. Though sometimes, out there, there are worlds without a sun. Cold, dark worlds and without a sun to know when day and night begin, it would not make sense to call it day. Science Division deemed it necessary to have a single word, and thus was the Cycle."
Link to my homebrews

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »
Jeremy laughs.  "Rabbit, you sure do talk funny."