Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130809 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »
KNIGHTS OF THE CHALICE 2 finally has a Kickstarter publicly available after more than a year of waiting!  Fund, fund, fund!

They're doing different stats based on gender. I expect many internet arguments.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2020, 03:44:22 PM »
Lucky Ducks In A Row- Rubber Duckie Dice Set (Funding ends July 1st) - Just look at them!  They're cute, dammit!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2020, 12:18:34 PM »
DICE MACABRE (Funding ends July 7) - Q Workshop Skull Dice!  Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2020, 02:44:31 PM »
Eiyuden Chronicle, a spiritual successor to the PlayStation 1 game Suikoden II has a Kickstarter that ends in about 3 days from this post!  (That's August 28 or 29, 2020 depending on your time zone!)  The people working on Eiyuden Chronicle also worked on Suikoden, meaning they're well-versed in making this sort of game!

Suikoden is a party-based JRPG with army building/tactical battles, town/base building, and an expected playable cast of about 100 characters, but not all at the same time!

As of this writing, the Kickstarter is on stretch goals!  I've already backed it and I encourage you to back it too!  Let's make this the best JRPG yet!

(As an extra, ProJared explains more about this project and his involvement with its announcement.)

Enjoy and thankee!

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »
Ever wanted to be a mercenary bounty hunter mech pilot?  Have I found the board game for you!  Galaxy Hunters has pilots and mechs with different stats and abilities and modular gear, allowing you to customize your build every game.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2020, 06:19:59 PM »
RZRKR by Keanu Reeves, Matt Kindt, & Ron Garney (Funding ends October 1st) - Yes, Keanu Reeves decided that being a major character in a AAA video game wasn't enough.  He went and made a comic book series with BOOM! Studios.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2020, 10:27:03 AM »
Girl Genius - Adventures In Castle Heterodyne (Funding ends October 3rd) - A Girl Genius video game for those who are fans of the Girl Genius comic and/or books.  Officially endorsed and with the Girl Genius creators (Phil and Kaja Foglio).

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2020, 03:25:41 PM »
Dungeon Accessories - Torture, Imprisonment, and Sacrifice! (Funding ends October 31) - Some neat pre-painted (or unpainted) dungeon accessory minis.  I went through these guys' first kickstarter which had some big issues but they stuck with it and I trust them enough to give them money for this one too.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 20, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »
Snow Cone & Sundae DCC & RPG Dice Sets (Funding ends October 22nd) - Good looking cheap dice from a good company.  Go buy some.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2021, 12:45:06 PM »
Bunny Party at Maple Valley (Funding ends February 11) - A very cutsey but also good looking board game with some depth.  Family friendly (if you couldn't tell from the name) but something I'd have fun playing with a group of just adults.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2022, 09:08:25 PM »
I'm going to attempt to revive this thread, let's see how it goes.  It's probably better than me spamming the Discord!

Today I backed Tesseract - A Cooperative Dice Manipulation Game (Funding ends November 11) - It's a fully cooperative game (like Pandemic) and everyone can just flat out lose if you hit a rough patch (like Pandemic) but it actually looks like I'd enjoy it (unlike Pandemic).

I've also backed Pinebox Middle School & The Horror Companion Double Feature (Funding ends November 10) because I'm a sucker for Savage Worlds even though I never get to play it.

Other currently active kickstarters of note are Mutants & Masterminds Reprint Extravaganza and More! (Funding ends November 22) which is pretty much what it sounds like (specifically for M&M 3E books) and CANVAS: Finishing Touches (Funding ends November 15), which is a game I like and enjoy but I'm not getting the expansion because I don't like lugging around multiple boxes for one game, if they come out with a big box then I might change my tune.

On November 1 Slay the Spire: The Board Game goes live.  From all of developer communications about it on the BoardGameGeek page I'm very interested but will have to see what the campaign and pricing look like.

I almost forgot, there are also Monty Python's Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (Funding ends November 18) and Cowboy Bebop - The Roleplaying Game (Funding ends November 16) if you want more weird obscure RPGs to never play (and then you can be like me, except I don't want these specific ones).