Author Topic: WoNPM Beginning of Exile  (Read 16356 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: WoNPM Beginning of Exile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 04:54:29 AM »
Key struggled to stretch out her legs while Bianca remained puffy cheeked, trying to get that strange animal to obey her when suddenly she stopped, tilting her head towards the ground.

Vibrations detected.  The air is disrupted, 20 decibels.  Wait, no, 30.... 40... it's getting louder.  And closer.  What is that?

Her attention was diverted again, as was Bianca's, when something manifested in both of their grasps.  A card.  No, wait, a key!  Key didn't understand the nature of this magic, and Bianca's surprised look told that not even her excellent spellcraft knew what violation of the natural order was in progress, but she knew that this was no accident.  "Bianca!"

"Mmhmm!" Bianca, still holding her breath, nodded.  Both tried their keys, which released with a simultaneous click of the shackles.  At long last, freedom!  Bianca even felt that dreadful pressure on her inner spark release with a sigh of relief!

Look!  Other people have also encountered divine fortune!  The nature of 'goddesses of death' would have to wait, as would saving people.  They had items to re-acquire first and foremost.

Bianca and Key make a mad dash for the equipment!  That chest in the back had to be it, they'd get it for sure!  Even if they have the carry the entire chest to shore!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:51:16 PM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »
Continuing to ignore the lump of metal, the vampire child took the handily provided key and unshackled herself, immediately getting to her favourite part of the day: ignoring gravity as a minor inconvenience and taking to the air. With an adult viewpoint, it should be easier to work out where the hell her parasol was. The spear would be a nice bonus, but without the parasol... well, being restricted to purely nocturnal activity until a replacement could be secured would be troublesome.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 12:49:16 AM »
The shard of evil projects an image of Elizabeth Stoker grabbing her umbrella from the container in the back, then returning to pick up the shard and put it safely away (Somewhere, I assume your outfit has hidden pockets).
Signature here.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 10:00:12 PM »
With the foresight provided by the apparently useless lump of metal, the vampire received her parasol, and took her true position: floating just over eye level, lording it over the peasantry. Also avoiding the awkward position of tripping over benches, but mostly looking down on the commoners that she had to deal with. A child, and a bunch of depressingly glum figures? How could you build a glorious domain with THAT sort of power base?

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »
The shard projects one more image to the vampire:  An image of of her grabbing the shard, it "melting" into her, and her becoming more powerful.  In an act of desperation, the shard also projects an image to Bianca:  Her picking up the shard, it "melting" into her, and her having access to new knowledge (even forbidden knowledge).
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 05:09:51 AM »
"There's the chest!"

They weren't the only one with the idea!  As Key kicked the chest opened, one of the escaped prisoners, a young blonde woman who looked suspiciously familiar to Bianca also arrived at the scene to pick up her gear.  No problems there, Bianca is more than happy to help everyone find their stuff, tossing items as needed up until the point they themselves were complete.  There it was, the important bag, and with it the metal framework which was designed to sit on her shoulders.  With an electric hum, a strange construct took to life, crawling itself over the young scientists shoulders and hooking into place, a single extendable servo arm clicking and clacking as it booted up.

Key likewise dragged her item from the very bottom.  It was like an oversized chain trencher, far to large for a girl like her, but she hefted its weight with ease.  "It's still fueled up!  I'm ready!"

What about the others?  There was a few more people here, right?  She tossed the last few items and turned to pose to no one in particular.  "All set!"  Team Bianca is back in action!

"Everyone please evacuate!" Key implored, jogging up ahead in the opposite direction of the flow of water coming in.  Bianca followed suit, but something was wrong.

Something was in her head.

She glanced back.  Crystal?  There was a strange rock on the ground that shone with a baleful power.  It displayed images which were intriguing as they were concerning.  In her home world, the object was clearly defined.  An SCP, an anomalous object of interest, a magic item or artifact of great worth and unpredictable, often baleful natures.  Such were the nature of her strange Lovecraftian homeworld.  A normal person would wisely leave such abominations be, letting it sink to the bottom of the ocean where none shall find it again.

Unfortunately, she was a scientist.

Unfortunately for the crystal, she was a scientist.  She's no fool.

"Key wait, that rock!"

"What?  No time for shiny rocks!"

"Not that, it's an SCP, I'm experiencing contact from a possibly memetic artifact.  It's not compulsory, but sure does want me to pick it up.  Offer me knowledge.  And fuse.  Not too keen on that, but it might be sentient, we'll study it later.  Come on, we're Scientia, and it might help to reverse engineer that.  You ready?"

"This is reckless!" Key scolded, but she was already opening a spare bag.  The first rule when dealing with unknown SCPs, never touch them!  Especially when they outwardly showed interest in doing spooky fusion techniques with you.  A Mage Hand should be enough to move one spooky rock from here to the safety of a self contained sack without actually interacting with it.  When they are not in immediate threat of drowning, they can figure it out later.

And speaking of out...

CRACK!

"I'm pretty sure that was something important buckling, let's go!" Key shouted.  Bianca and Key are making a beeline to the deck, to the nearest escape boat, or barring that, right off the edge.  Once a flotation device is obtained of course.  This boat better be up to OSHA code or she'll sue!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:19:59 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
Shining Enlightenment was fearful, knowing what he must do.  If he wanted to live, he has going to have to drown and have his Prinny self unlock the shackles for him.  There are three lifeboats.  Make your way to them, friends! he shouted out to his fellow prisoners.  I don't want to die, but I have to if I want to live he thought to himself as he forced himself to deliberately inhale the water.  Everything seemed to go black.
Moments later a Prinny appeared and grabbed the key, then proceeded to unlock all of the shackles on the lesser alicorn's body (especially the one on the horn).  Here I come, dood! the Prinny shouted as he dragged the body onto the deck.  Hey doods, he said to the scientist and his robot, could you help a dood out and help me put this in a life boat?  There should be enough room for all of us, dood.
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
*bird??*

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 05:05:50 PM »
Now properly equipped, and displaying little sense of hurry due to her inability to drown, the vampire made her way up onto the deck--gravity reclaiming its hold on the monster if it was indeed daytime, even as she stood wearily under the parasol.

"You drowned yourself, really?"

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »
It was the only way to get the shackles off, dood.  Couldn't use magic because of the shackle on the horn.  Look  dood, the sun is setting the Shining Enlightenment prinny said as he was dragging his own body.  In deed, the sun was setting.  In a minute or two the sun would be completely beneath the horizon.
(click to show/hide)
Off in the distance you can see a Saiyan and a Youkai Oni are swimming towards the shore and on the shore is a beautiful lady dressed in black wielding an odd looking scythe.  She appears to have a disturbing smile across her face as she tosses something in the air and catches it.
(click to show/hide)
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
With the SCP bagged, Bianca headed for the life boat at top speed.  They're out of time.  Key, the more durable of the two, went to ensure the stragglers were able to escape.  There's one, that talking horse from before!  But what is he doing drinking water at a time like this?!

Gurgle gurgle choke!

"What?  Oh no, Mr. Horse wait, don't!"  But it was too late.  The horse turned a strange off color and slumped.  This was strange, but what happened next was stranger, as abruptly a penguin manifested out of thin air next to it.  No normal penguin, this thing stood on peg legs of wood, bore a bag upon its belly, and moved with a strange and unnatural intellect.

And somehow wielded objects in its flippers.

"Gregzle?!"  No, wait, that wasn't Gregzle, the only other penguin she knew of.  Key had so many questions, but the floating girl seemed to summarize well enough.  Plus, this penguin could talk, and it wanted 'its body' to be moved off ship.  How, why, and what would have to wait til later.

"I got it, get to the lifeboat!"  Fortunately Key was strong as a mule.  Literally (effective large, Str 16).  Hopefully it would be enough to pick up the horse corpse and throw it upon something that floated, otherwise her and the horse were going to have to walk along the coastal shelf for a while.

Bianca was finally safe, or in a safe place.  As she waiting in the lifeboat eagerly waiting for the rest to get their butts in gear, she made quick inventory.  Who died, who was left?  Let's see, floating blonde chick seemed fine, she could fly.  Key can't drown.  There was that talking horse-thing.  Wait, wasn't there a squid-taur thing?  She lost track of it in the chaos, but she thinks it took the not-a-dog.  With legs like that, it had to be find swimming.  That seemed good enough.  She already spotted some other bodies swimming to shore already. 

"Hurry it up!  That waterline is getting too close!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:28:39 PM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »
"If I end up on the ocean's floor, I'll just walk ashore," Elizabeth stated calmly, standing atop the sinking vessel. She could bear a little walk whilst waiting for the sun to finish setting.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 11:12:19 PM »
With his body, the short human, the robot and him safely on board, the Shining Enlightenment prinny began paddling on the boat to the shore.  By the time the lifeboat reached the shore, the sun had finally set.  Now at shore, the prinny could see the scythe the woman in black was wielding had an eye...and it was watching him!
(click to show/hide)
  Once everyone was on shore, the woman in black said I see you all got my present,
(click to show/hide)
,In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am Vessy Misatra, goddess of death.  First thing is first, I am sure as HELL not going to talk to a dead person's prinny so, she said as she grabbed the prinny by the head while shining with divine light.  No dood, don't throw me!   here...we...GO!! she shouted as the thrust the prinny into the alicorn's body.  The prinny disappeared and the alicorn began twitching at first, then began coughing and finally breathing.  The lesser alicorn finally gasped a breath of air, and it felt good.  Well now, paladin of light.  You owe a favor to me.  Don't worry, I already cleared it with your deity before I got involved.  Pray to your goddess if you don't believe me. To which Shining Enlightenment immediately began praying.  After a few seconds, Shining Enlightenment opened his eyes with a look of horror.  W-what do you want of me? Don't worry, I will tell you in a second, and it won't be anything TOO serious.  First I would like to find out how all of your "friends" are doing.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:14:30 PM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 02:36:36 AM »
*small bandersnatch sniffs the newcomer on the odd chance she has fud*

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 02:40:55 AM »
Go go go!

With a groan of splintering wood and ripping fabric, the great and terrible prison boat they had arrived on was forever imprisoned on the bottom of the sea.  Key took to helping the strange little penguin creature in getting the boat to shore, where apparently someone was waiting for them.

"Land ho!"  Bianca, shouldn't that have a comma in it?  Whatever, they get to shore.  Bianca's lab coat was sopping from brief contact with the waves, and Key was no better.  Finally, the immediate danger abated and they both stood there holding their knees and gasping.

Huff huff....

Hu hua...

....Ha ha....

Ha ha ha ha....

Both of them broke out laughing.  "Still alive!"

"We're the best!  And we even got others out.  And..." Bianca's eyes moved to the dry scythe wielding woman.  Everything about her stank of danger.  It was probably the scythe, and it's eye.  Orgacraft maybe?  Things that looked like they belong in an animal's body never were good news.  Whoever she was or claimed to be, she clearly had abilities as she casually dismissed the penguin in exchange for the horse's life.  So.... when the horse dies, it turns into a penguin.  Was that... supposed to happen?

"Who... are you?" Bianca asked, as Key tried to gather the others and make sure all of them were ok.  Yes, even Mr. Bandersnatcher.

A 'goddess' huh?  She'll need to tread carefully.  If only she could fill out an SCP report on this.  She hoped this was one of the benevolent ones, but you never knew with things related to death.  Then again, maybe this was their world's version of the shinigami.  That she could understand.

"So.... uh, Ms Death Goddess.  I hope you aren't here for our souls after expertly evading that near-fatal accident like the badasses we are, eh?  No 'final destination' about here, right?  Ah ha..."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:00:18 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 08:20:12 AM »
"Well, this is certainly more convenient than needing to work a way out of the seafloor, and my clothes aren't ruined," the vampire acceded, seeming to otherwise find the divine intervention a bit over the top.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
Vessy, first looking at Foof Bear, Aww, you remind me of Vasja...here you go she says as she pulls out a ring, puts it on, then casts Heroes Feast
(click to show/hide)
Now looking at Bianca and KeyNo, I am not here for your souls.  I am here because it benefits you and me.  Did you see pony-boy over there?  When he drowned, or died, he became a prinny.  That's because he prays to one of the resident deities here.  You might want to pick a resident deity here to worship.  Otherwise when you die, your soul gets sucked into the wall of souls, never to be seen or remembered again.  I have a recommendation: pick me.  Or... she says, adding a sigh of disgust you can ask pony-boy over there your choices.  Don't worry, he won't try to deceive you.  He IS a paladin of light.
(click to show/hide)
Now looking at Elizabeth Stoker, Ah, I believe have a letter from Lord Rodri.  He sends his...eheheheheh...apologies. she says as she releases an envelope, which turns into a bat, then reforms into an envelope in the vampire's hands.
(click to show/hide)
Now looking at both Bianca and Shining Enlightenment, You two appear to have something that doesn't belong in this world.  It needs to be deposed of, but given the nature of the shards, they can only be given freely...otherwise her eyes begin to SHINE in anger I guaran-damn-tee I would slay ALL of you to take the shards and destroy them for the safety of this world!!!!.  She reverts back to a calm, pleasant appearance, then says won't you please hand those shards to me?  The lesser alicorn is watching Bianca's character and appears to be waiting.
(click to show/hide)
Signature here.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »
"You didn't have to slap him," the blonde said, seemingly out of nowhere as she crumbled up the letter and swallowed it without any sign of discomfort, "He's apparently just bad at humour."

No more explanation was forthcoming, but the girl seemed more interested in her environment than before... and slightly less bitter, even if it was a marginal thing.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »
*We of the Bandersnatch are happy*
 :thought

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 08:52:56 AM »
Bianca admitted to herself, she was worried.  Perhaps that worry let her know she was still human.  It wasn't often she was worried, she had worked with the worst of them... teddy bears which gave off radiation and flew at hypersonic speeds, organic computers which emit spores to turn you into more organic circuitry, even invulnerable madwomen who would kill you if you didn't play out teatime correctly.  She was pretty blasé about most of it.  But those had the benefit of already being in containment.  She wasn't a field agent, those guys had to deal with the insanity without the benefits of a concrete cage and magical wards.

The "gods" in her world were known, listed, classified.  They were powerful SCPs to her, and in her world most were benevolent, non-interactive, tamed, or captive.  She recalled one such thing being in the African containment center that was particularly worrisome.  Now she faced off with a goddess of an alien world, and no back up to handle it.

She'll need to try diplomacy.

She hated trying diplomacy.

"Oh that's good to hear.  Do... people actually turn into penguins when they die?" she looked at the pony, hoping that he would tell her the goddess was bullshiting with her.  Not just with the idea of becoming an avian aberration, but the other part too.  It sounded too familiar.  B7's world was full of active gods and goddesses, and at one point in their history they had something similar to it, before their own little ragnarok had occurred.  Man, she was gonna miss her other selves.

"You're a goddess and you already seem to hint at knowing, so I'm going to be frank.  I'm not from here.  I'm really really not from here.  And not supposed to be either.  I'm afraid I'm going to need a refresher course on how things work here, because that... might be a problem.  I'm an atheist.  Well, more non-practicing if anything.  And while I get gods and goddesses, am I gonna be judged wanting if I only pay lip service?  I rather not be damned, but I dunno if I can just drop and worship on a dime out of fear.  ...I'd be up for a contract of good faith or two though.  No offense if I wait to judge my options here.  I'm not too big on shinigami work, or making rash snap decisions."  That last one was a complete lie of course, she does it all the time.  Just not right now.

Her mind drifted to Key, who had an odd situation.  Key wasn't.... normal, and while she considered her as being as alive and spark-carrying as any of them, on the matters of souls hers was far more artificial, able to be duplicated just like one might mint a coin.  Key might be exempt, since she could be rebuild as long as the black box was intact or her backups were kept current.  Still, might not be a bad idea to bring her in on this deal too.  Key was off trying to see if she could pet the Bandersnatch gingerly, while making nervous, worried glances back at Bianca.

"And I'm relieved to hear the thing that doesn't belong is shards, not ourselves.  I was going to study it, but if you already know what it is and are willing to tell me, well... I think I could part would it.  Humor me with a trade: Information for a shiny, spooky stone?"  Let's hope the goddess was in a bartering mood.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:09:18 PM by SolEiji »
Mudada.