Author Topic: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z  (Read 79975 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« Reply #440 on: June 26, 2019, 02:34:12 AM »
Added Forzando Frame feat for Ideal Idol, plus multiclassing notes for the case they mix with Ship Captain. Added Athletic Idol ACF too. Fixed typo in Ideal Idol feats where "Spirit spirit" was actually meant to be the Yell spirit. Clarified that Ultimate Engineering jobs can be changed. Coordinator blindsight now works in space/vacuum. Improved funnels can be taken multiple times to cover different types simultaneously. Moved Basher Code to tier V. Kudos to YuweaCurtis for pointing out most of those.

Offline DeTess

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 02, 2019, 07:12:58 AM »
I've been looking through this set of Homebrew, and it looks incredibly awesome! There where some questions I had that I couldn't find the answer too though, so I hope someone more familiar with  it could help me answer those.

First, a general impression I got was that energy seems very restrictive. Using higher level maneuvers and/or being engaged in airborne or space fights means you could conceivably burn through your entire energy reserve in 1-2 turns, and then you'd be stuck waiting for a 5 energy per turn recharge. Is that correct, or did I just fail to find all the energy and energy regen increasing equipment, feats and class features?

Secondly, how do feats interact with vehicles, such as mechs or battleships? I get how many of the basic feats like weapon finesse work, but would I be able to apply, for example, the flyby attack feat while piloting a mech or battleship. What about feats that increase flight maneuverability?

Speaking of battleships (I might ever so slightly be falling in love with the ship captain class), does flying the battleship consume energy as it does with mechs? And can you do a full-round attack with those twin-linked missiles (for, for example, 4 12d8 missiles at level 12)?

Lastly, I assume the attack bonuses listed with weapons is on top of everything else? So, to give an example, a lvl 12 ship captain firing the missiles from a huge battleship would have an attack bonus of 6(BaB)+2 (weapon bonus)-2(size penalty) for a total of 6?

Edit:

regarding Ammo weapons, am I correct in understanding you can fire them as many times as they have ammo, and then you need to spend a full-round action to reload the weapon?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:42:17 AM by DeTess »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #442 on: August 02, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
I've been looking through this set of Homebrew, and it looks incredibly awesome!
Thanks! :D

There where some questions I had that I couldn't find the answer too though, so I hope someone more familiar with  it could help me answer those.

First, a general impression I got was that energy seems very restrictive. Using higher level maneuvers and/or being engaged in airborne or space fights means you could conceivably burn through your entire energy reserve in 1-2 turns, and then you'd be stuck waiting for a 5 energy per turn recharge. Is that correct, or did I just fail to find all the energy and energy regen increasing equipment, feats and class features?
There is the Reactor special mecha property that increases mecha energy regen by 10% per Reactor level. A few real robots have it by default, but you can also obtain it through accessories, Super Robots have the Mysterious power upgrade, Annihilation Engine 1st level stance from Neo Granzon martial school grants Reactor, there's also the Machinery Warrior and Soul Soldier prcs, a  support staff mechanic can recharge energy too, the child soldier trait has several options that increase energy recovery, the Helpful Autonomous Robotic Operator Extra feat can grant Reactor too, then there is the Resupply spirit too.

Secondly, how do feats interact with vehicles, such as mechs or battleships? I get how many of the basic feats like weapon finesse work, but would I be able to apply, for example, the flyby attack feat while piloting a mech or battleship. What about feats that increase flight maneuverability?
Feats would work when the rules fit, so something like improving flight maneuverabily would be fine.

Speaking of battleships (I might ever so slightly be falling in love with the ship captain class), does flying the battleship consume energy as it does with mechs?
Normally yes, although battleships have the cruising speed option to fly with no energy cost in return for some limitations.

And can you do a full-round attack with those twin-linked missiles (for, for example, 4 12d8 missiles at level 12)?
Yes.

Lastly, I assume the attack bonuses listed with weapons is on top of everything else? So, to give an example, a lvl 12 ship captain firing the missiles from a huge battleship would have an attack bonus of 6(BaB)+2 (weapon bonus)-2(size penalty) for a total of 6?
You would also add Dex mod, and battleship weapons have an extra scaling bonus equal to 1/2 level to their attack rolls, but otherwise correct.

Edit:

regarding Ammo weapons, am I correct in understanding you can fire them as many times as they have ammo, and then you need to spend a full-round action to reload the weapon?
That's the default reload option, but there are accesories for faster reloading as well as some class abilities (support staff mechanic, resupply spirit) and the Veteran Mechanic feat for ship captains.

Offline Fzakken

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 12, 2022, 11:21:29 PM »
Can you use two weapon fighting in a mech, or is it strictly subsumed by twinned weapons?

Does GN Drive affect GN Field?

For mecha engineer, once you've added all of one real robots weapons to your mecha, can you start adding anothers? If not, would you allow a feat to do this?

In peace princess' super robot progression, does she gain super points each level, or Just health and the other defensive increases?