Author Topic: General Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 211372 times)

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
Re: General Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1060 on: April 05, 2018, 06:23:49 PM »
Oi, how about a wake board or something so a Pilot can sky surf out of mecha?

[DAYS INTENSIFIES]

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:19 AM »
See, if you want to bribe motivate me, some nice music goes a long way. Added Wake Board to personal equipment.

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 26, 2018, 04:29:46 AM »
@YuweaCurtis since I don't think I've asked you directly: Do you mind if I add your contributions to the wiki? http://srwd20.wikia.com/

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 26, 2018, 09:06:16 AM »
@YuweaCurtis since I don't think I've asked you directly: Do you mind if I add your contributions to the wiki? http://srwd20.wikia.com/

Go ahead.

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 27, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »

Go ahead.

Great, thanks! Mecha and Feats added.

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:40 PM »
The new things (Fake Frame and Decoy Doll) look really neat, but I've got a couple of questions about them. I'm reading Fake Frame as serving as a second health bar (like the Duel Gundam's Assault Shroud) that takes damage first, and then you purge it and are back at full. If that's correct, it seems kinda absurd for a grade 2 accessory. If it's not, perhaps it should specify that all damage goes through to the inner mech as well. Decoy Doll's question is more simple. It's listed as having the weapon trait 'Immediate'. Should that be 'Defensive'?

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 08, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
In unrelated items:

We were discussing ways to emulate things from SRW. One thing that came up was weapons like Twin Buster Rifle that split the attack into two cones. Right now Battleships can do roughly that via Weapons Officer. I wanted to check: Since twin- and X-linked let you make separate attacks with each weapon as one action, does that mean Area weapons can project different cones/lines/explosions when used?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 08, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »
The new things (Fake Frame and Decoy Doll) look really neat, but I've got a couple of questions about them. I'm reading Fake Frame as serving as a second health bar (like the Duel Gundam's Assault Shroud) that takes damage first, and then you purge it and are back at full. If that's correct, it seems kinda absurd for a grade 2 accessory. If it's not, perhaps it should specify that all damage goes through to the inner mech as well.
Well yeah it's supposed to be a second health bar, but more "I was holding back my true power!" like in Gundam Buid Divers where not-Char adds an extra frame to his top-class mecha to disguise himself as a newbie but when it is purged he can go all out, rather than an emergency measure where you keep fighting with an inferior version.

So that's basically supposed to be the main disadvantage. You may get an extra health bar, but you'll be limited to a real robot one whole tier lower (and if you have delayed arsenal progression it will lag even more behind). That reminds me, added clause that the Fake Fraime's arsenal options must also be of lower level.

Decoy Doll's question is more simple. It's listed as having the weapon trait 'Immediate'. Should that be 'Defensive'?
Ups, fixed!

In unrelated items:

We were discussing ways to emulate things from SRW. One thing that came up was weapons like Twin Buster Rifle that split the attack into two cones. Right now Battleships can do roughly that via Weapons Officer. I wanted to check: Since twin- and X-linked let you make separate attacks with each weapon as one action, does that mean Area weapons can project different cones/lines/explosions when used?
Yes. Rushing Dandy would help with changing areas shapes too.

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 09, 2018, 12:55:01 AM »
Great, thanks for the clarification.

A note on Fake Frame: If I'm reading it correctly, it currently allows you to have infinite healthbars if you have access to T3 arsenal or above. Just give the fake real another fake frame as an accessory, repeat. Utterly absurd and no DM would allow it, but I still recommend noting that the fake real robot cannot equip Fake Frame.

In another amusing result, this lets a Battleship (easily C and up) disguise itself as a KNIGHTMARE (Tiny). May I recommend restricting fake frames of the size of your real mecha or larger only?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 09, 2018, 03:31:00 AM »
Good suggestions, implemented.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:38:29 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 09, 2018, 12:53:40 PM »
Good suggestions, implemented.

Good, good. Now infiltrating a battleship into your base through normal sized hallways would take some kind of tactical geniu---

CREEEEEEEEED!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:58:01 PM by Fzzr »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 11, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
Locked. Threads are not supposed to go longer than 50 pages.