Author Topic: Souls of Arhosa  (Read 30399 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Souls of Arhosa
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2020, 07:37:05 AM »
Here and there they spot people moving in and out of the ruins, most of whom appear to be carrying out stones to handcarts, wagons, and other transportation methods. Those vehicles then trundle back towards the built-up section of town with their heavy loads, carrying pre-shaped to form the foundations of the next set of structures to be built.

As they meander back and forth through the structures, it's Ebony who begin to feel like something is catching at the edge of her eye. It takes her several tries and much looking around, but in the end she realizes what her hindbrain has been trying to tell her - one of the structures has people going into it, rather than carrying things out, and while they are loading up a cart with stone, occasionally goods that don't look mining related are heading down into the ruined structure along with the people.

There also seems to be a constant group of folks moving around, chatting, and drinking on the surface near the site, although the numbers and positions are always rotating about.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2020, 04:53:15 PM »
"Mhm, I think we've found a promising place. I think the best approach would be to act innocous and clueless and walk in as if we belong here, or as if we are just here to loot the ruins like many others, and see how far this approach can get us in. We can always switch to a different tactic if and when someone takes active steps to stop us."

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2020, 11:53:47 AM »
"I will follow your lead."
Hmm.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2020, 10:11:28 AM »
The meandering path that the group followed through the ruins was one that gave them a great deal of time to observe those whom they had determined to be of interest. It’s hard to see what it is that’s being carried down into the ruins, as the objects are generally shrouded in cloth or worn close to the body in a manner that obscures the outlines and some of them look like little more than bags of food, but there are certainly more going in than coming out, although it must be said that stones were coming out of the ruins as well. Whatever was happening below the surface, there was certainly mining involved along with any other activity.

There was a gradual dawning realization amongst the observed that they were being watched and approached by the party, it being somewhat hard to disguise someone as physically imposing as Red. A noticeable moving of hands towards weapons took place, and a subtle shift of position as the miners began to shift into a formation that might help if fighting or flight was called for. It was likely to avail them little against the combined strength of the party, but there was still the urge to protect themselves.

When the party approached within a certain distance, one of the miners pointed with a pick that he held. “This is our site! There’s plenty out there, go dig in one of those!” Nods and growls accompanied this statement from the others around him.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2020, 06:23:21 PM »
Gwaedwen puts on a wicked smile and raises her head, drawing attention to her sharp horns.

"You seem to misunderstand who is in charge here. What is it you dig out? And seen any portals, or arcanists worrying about them? Tell me something that will satisfy me, and I may let you walk out alive to dig another hole."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:39:48 AM by Skyrock »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
"Whoa, whoa lady. What're you on about? Arcanists here? We'd burn them at the stake rather than let them be!"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »
"Then what, exactly, are you digging here for? It can't be stone, no need to go inside for that." Unless you wanted a building falling on you.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
He looks at Red as if she was a bit daft, for all that he's clearly scared of the mountain of iron and steel. "Goods, contraband, relics. This whole place was a city full of arcanists. We don't like them none too much round these parts, but coin is coin and we need it, and digging up their old stuff gets us plenty of it. Money, lady, money makes the world go round. Ask everyone in this place. We all hate the buggers, but we want money and the easiest way to get it is digging up their old tat."

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2020, 06:40:24 PM »
Gwaedwen takes a moment to put her bovinified udders under control and smiles evilly.

"Thanks. That's all that I have asked for. You may keep what you dig up - it's your patrons I worry about, and only those patrons.Tell me what else you know about them, and I won't parade you around speared up on my horns."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2020, 11:31:36 AM »
There was a clear shiver that passed through the group at that. "I can give you what we know, but we just meet them out there," he waved in the direction of the distant tree line, "and it's only one of us allowed. Any more and they never show. Exact spot is something a mouth shows up and tells us about down there in the ruins." The leader shook himself. "It's damn creepy. Almost as bad as you lot."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2020, 03:18:11 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »
Gwaedwen hides rather clumsily behind some brush further away from the designated meeting area, hands on her amber amulet in case things go awry.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2020, 11:23:04 PM »
Red waits in a hole.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
Ebony stares at the water and contemplates all the various life it supports that still needs to die.

Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »
Madoc had remained quiet, relying on his tracker's instincts. As the party prepares for the meet-up, he follows their lead and hides among the vegetation, hoping to keep an eye out and stay close enough to rush in once things turn south.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2020, 07:54:50 AM »
Once the moon has risen and its pale light has spilled over the forest, a heavily muscled Biyou in supple leather armor meanders out of the forest, clearly knowing exactly where he should be going and very comfortable in the darkness. He looked less like a mage and more like one of the bodyguards who protected them.

A quick sniff of his nostrils alerts him to the presence of the waiting guest. "You're different. Borclau got scared of meeting me, did he? Always thought that one was going to cut and run some day. So what do you have for us?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »
As soon as the arcanist - or rather their servant - has his attention distracted by speaking to Ebony, Gwaedwen creeps a bit closer to the location to spring into action when necessary.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2020, 03:04:17 PM »
"Carvings. Looked like a circle. Lots of weird symbols. The others got superstitious about the whole thing and Borclau had to go beat some sense into them." Ebony says. "Anyway, it's hard to explain. Better to show you."

She holds out a piece of cloth and waits for him to come over.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:08:20 PM by skydragonknight »
Hmm.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2020, 05:28:34 PM »
The Biyou looked at Ebony with pitying eyes. "They sure sent you out here without training didn't they? Anything you've got for us, you leave there, back way off, I'll verify, and leave payment. As always, pay will be generous. Otherwise, I'll be on my way." He began tapping his toe claw, obviously waiting for a decision.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2020, 11:58:40 AM »
Ebony nods. "They said they'd have it here by tomorrow, but it's too heavy for them to carry quickly so they drew a sketch that you can pass on."

She lays down the piece of cloth and backs off.

Hmm.