Author Topic: Souls of Arhosa  (Read 30400 times)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: Souls of Arhosa
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »
Madoc curses under his breath. The damned biyou constantly manages to get away. Worse yet, Madoc would now have to subject himself to additional stress just to find him. He hops down to the ground, then moves to the back door and opens it.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2021, 08:37:16 AM »
Ebony drops down, lights a torch, and after finding the first split in the tunnels, takes the path that the Yn Gyntaf does not, well aware that she could never catch up to him.
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2021, 12:08:01 PM »
Gwaedwen keeps moving forward through the western junction, as rapid as the cramped quarters allows.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:25:38 PM by Skyrock »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »
Like all his kin, Madoc has issues with being indoors. Going underground is practically unheard-of. However, Madoc is a hunter first and foremost, and his prey had escaped down the tunnel, so it seems that likewise must he follow. Out-smarting your prey is wiser and less costly, on the other hand.

He shouts down the tunnel, "Go on ahead, block off his path to retreat. I'll find him..."

To Red, he says, "Why don't we see what the woman knows? Maybe I can find where the tunnel leads and cut off his escape."

Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/64700/60e5e8ceb525b
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 01:48:11 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2021, 01:54:52 PM »
"That was the plan," Red says, squeezing once more through the squalid hovel and looming over the old lady. Not that she has a huge amount of choice in the matter, due to such inconveniences as 'ceilings' and 'rooms sized for small people'. "The tunnels: where do they lead? If you tell us, then nobody has to get hurt. I just want to ask some questions."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2021, 07:03:14 AM »
The old Biyou cackles and smiles up at the giant. "Well, well, took you lot long enough. Always knew someone was going to come for that miserable sod. Didn't even like him, though he paid me enough I kept my mouth shut about what he was doing going in and out of town. Too many trinkets to be anything but a lackey for arcanists." She spat on the ground. "Take a look around if you want to know what they're good for. I grew up in this hovel because of all the damage they caused. But gold is gold, and I'll take anyone's. You pay me and I'll even let you sling me over your shoulder and shout directions at you, make sure you don't get lost. Ain't like I could keep up with you any other way. I'm crooked but I'm honest."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2021, 10:03:03 AM »
Madoc glowers at the old woman, who seemed so guileless just a moment before. It didn't matter, in the end.

"20 gold. 5 up front, the rest when we catch your errant lodger, to ensure your information is good. That's enough to improve your lifestyle for some time."

'The rest of her life, more like,' he thinks to himself.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2021, 10:20:34 AM »
She cackles. "Best you be paying up boy, or my last words on you will be a curse." She waggles her fingers in the direction of Madoc.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2021, 10:34:02 AM »
Madoc counts out the 5 gold coins and drops them in the old woman's hand.

"Now then, I think the Llethu asked you a question."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
"Like I said, one of you lot is going to have to carry me. I can't keep up with you on your own." The old lady had something approaching a malicious grin on her face. "Plus, I want to see that fool get what's coming to him."

While the Biyou was talking, the small girl slipped through the ruins and grabbed Red's hand again, clearly unwilling to be far away from the giant in armour. It was obvious that she thought the Llethu was the safest place to be, although the last remaining adult had run off sometime after Red smashed into the building. Red clearly had a new puppy.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »
Sighing, Red gestures for them to follow her outdoors. There's room enough on her shoulders for two of them.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2021, 05:42:34 PM »
“You’ll want to take a left here. I think. Might be a right. Can’t tell my directions at my age, I’m getting all kinds of senile.” For all of her reserve, Red was approaching the point at which the old lady was going to feel the business end of a weapon, and sharpish.

The deliberate muzzyheadedness had been going on for several corners in the rat’s warren that the old bag called a home, and there had been precious little to show that those who had remained on the surface were going the right direction. For all Red knew, the Biyou could be leading them astray and allowing her younger colleague to flee.

“Should have guessed it before I got up here, but your shoulder is damned pointy. Not too comfortable for an old lady with a bony arse. Next time I suggest you bring some pillows along, or at least a cloak. Oh, and you’ll want a right.” Red turned. “No, your other right, the one over that way.”

‘The other right’ was clearly a left, but Red made it anyway. At least the small girl who had attached herself to the Llethu was little louder (or heavier) than a feather, and clung to the giant with a grim determination that seemed at odds with the miniscule nature of her form.

It took two more turns of poorly communicated directions from the old hag, and a wish that divine vengeance would strike her down momentarily, before Red had the answer as to whether the directions had been false or fair. Ahead was the much younger Biyou, crawling from a sewer grate in a party of town that had already shunned the tumbledown ruins of the warrens, and had at least some notions of respectability. It also meant that more folks were about, and of a sort less likely to turn their eyes away if murder was committed in the streets.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:39:44 AM by Stratovarius »

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2021, 11:41:16 AM »
Ebony stops and uses the time that they are not spotted to cast a protective ward on the combatants.

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
Madoc sees the biyou, his prey, crawling out of the grate. Onlookers be damned, he isn't going to let him get away again if he can help it.

Barreling through the street, avoiding obstacles where possible, his gyntaf swiftness carried him to the emerging biyou in little more than an instant. He seizes upon his scaled opponent, grabbing on to keep him restrained and hopefully prevent him from using whatever tricks he used last time to escape.

(click to show/hide)
Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/64700/60fedacd88a2e
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 11:55:18 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2021, 09:47:08 AM »
(click to show/hide)