Author Topic: OOC Blather  (Read 29275 times)

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Blather
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
Owwwch... :<  Are you sure its the mobo?  It can often be difficult to narrow things down to being the mobo without spare parts.

Regardless, good luck. T_T  I'm good at hardware stuffs if you need any help!

Here's my diagnostics step by step:

1) Change monitors and keyboard to see if there's an error
2) Remove power to dvd drive and HDDs and boot up
3) Remove RAM and boot up
4) Remove GPU and boot up
5) Conclude that even after all the above steps, no beeping cues from mobo
6) Conclusion = Mobo gone

I've got the tech guys on speed dial...no funds to get a whole new computer.
Will add later

Offline :<

• I don't -dislike- games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »
Power supplies die with far greater frequency than motherboards and none of your steps ruled that out!  When you attempt to power on, does the PSU fan spin up at all?  Does the diagnostic light (or any light) on the mobo ever come on?  If you're getting NOTHING it's far more likely its the PSU, imo!

If it's just the PSU then that won't take too much money to replace. :3

Oh and most motherboards need at least one stick of ram in to even begin POSTing, the proper way to test ram is to have one in DIMM0 and swap that stick with another till it has failed to boot with each one etc.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:26:57 PM by :< »

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »
Power supplies die with far greater frequency than motherboards and none of your steps ruled that out!  When you attempt to power on, does the PSU fan spin up at all?  Does the diagnostic light (or any light) on the mobo ever come on?  If you're getting NOTHING it's far more likely its the PSU, imo!

If it's just the PSU then that won't take too much money to replace. :3

Oh and most motherboards need at least one stick of ram in to even begin POSTing, the proper way to test ram is to have one in DIMM0 and swap that stick with another till it has failed to boot with each one etc.

Yeah I forgot to mention I swapped the PSU out. Even with the old one, the mobo lights were all on and the fan spun up.
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »
Curious about the staffs that uses charges to cast spells, are they cast at your CL or at the base caster level?
Will add later

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2015, 02:13:24 AM »
They use your stats for everything. There's not really such a thing as caster level in 5e.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2015, 01:26:15 AM »
Quote from: IRC
[21:51:52] * Alyssa (~Alyssa@94BA2BB7.CB48A196.6339BCF.IP) has joined #CrackOfDawnOOC
[21:51:58] <Alyssa> somebody have the logs?
[21:52:03] <Alyssa> I want to check the last session's logs
[21:59:15] * Alyssa (~Alyssa@94BA2BB7.CB48A196.6339BCF.IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
You've entered IRC and spoken a few times before Nick and I didn't see the message till you were gone. x3  If you want my attention, you have to beep me, say my name or Zeni or... I think even Alveri still beeps me. xD

That aside, sorry about lagging behind with the logs.  :'3  No excuse, just lazy.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »
Quote from: IRC
[21:51:52] * Alyssa (~Alyssa@94BA2BB7.CB48A196.6339BCF.IP) has joined #CrackOfDawnOOC
[21:51:58] <Alyssa> somebody have the logs?
[21:52:03] <Alyssa> I want to check the last session's logs
[21:59:15] * Alyssa (~Alyssa@94BA2BB7.CB48A196.6339BCF.IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
You've entered IRC and spoken a few times before Nick and I didn't see the message till you were gone. x3  If you want my attention, you have to beep me, say my name or Zeni or... I think even Alveri still beeps me. xD

That aside, sorry about lagging behind with the logs.  :'3  No excuse, just lazy.

No problems, not something super urgent, I could just leave a message at the chatroom and you'll read it eventually.
Will add later

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2015, 06:19:13 AM »
Alright,  since the sword is causing some undue strife, the following options are available for it(they were always available for the matter just bringing it up):

1) Cast the sword away. Know that the Flametongue/Frostbrand are the most powerful weapons in the available loot tables for raw damage value, and are immensely unlikely to be rolled again. This can be done immediately. However, the sword knows the taste of your blood and will become a complication if another wielder takes it up.

2) Trade the sword. The problem comes with finding someone willing to trade for an evil weapon, who has a non evil weapon available. Fortunately you're in the planes, where such things are possible, with a little luck. Complications are certain, but it won't be personal for the sword(who, after all, got a spanking new wielder).

3) Destroy the sword. It's not actually indestructible. Same issues with finding a replacement, and of course the actual smashing itself would be Interesting. Ensures the undying hatred of Yeenoghu, but what's life without a pissed off god?

4) Return the sword. Give it back to Yeenoghu for some reason.

5) Don't use it for the final blow on the creatures of prophecy. Its not complicated, the sword doesn't do anything unless it scores a kill.

Finally, there's no actual urgent need for a replacement weapon. The Blade Pact warlock is one of the few classes who come with built in magical weapon, so you never need to worry about bypassing DR.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2015, 06:35:55 AM »
I'm down for option 2 and 5 and I propose 2 other options.

6) Format Last Blood and rewrite it into another weapon, it is after all only a magical item and not an artifact, and hence it would probably take an arc to accomplish that.
7) Alyssa leaves the party, I have a new character already written up that would be a better addition to the party. Storywise, the easiest would be that Alyssa leaves to lure the "wild hunt" away, and goes on her own adventures.
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »
You don't like option #3? :< 

1: We wouldn't just throw the sword away and let someone else start messing up with it.
2: We wouldn't just trade the sword away to someone that actually wants an evil sword unless they were like, some kind of paragon of goodness and were very powerful etc.  Demigod tier.
3: We'd totally destroy that shit.
4: Why would we ever do this ever?
5: We've been trying to do this.  It hasn't been working.
6: If Veekie were okay with this?  The planes might be a place where this could actually be accomplished. 
7: The party's not going to just let Alyssa run off with the sword when she has already caused so much trouble with it.

Zeni's current plan is to demand Alyssa unbind and relinquish the sword as soon as they step onto the other side of this gate.  The prophecy is too close to total fruition and with the way Alyssa's been acting its like she's possessed by it and has been out to fulfill the prophecy on purpose.  Being the most evil character in the party and still having such big problems with this, she's relatively certain Lien and Ellis will have her back.  If this results in PVP, then that's simply how the story plays out, but that's not at all the plan. 

Unless Alyssa actually is possessed by the sword (which veekie says she isn't), then she should see reason in being safe and giving it up, at least for now.  From there, the party will be on the lookout for a replacement, and well, Zenievil, even if we had to trick/murder some other good adventurers to get Alyssa a new nice weapon, she's up for that  (DanMachi style!  You'vebeenwatchingthat,right?).  Depending on the adventurers ofc.  If we found someone wanting to trade for the evil sword who didn't meet the above criteria, she'd be up for murdering them too, Lien might even be up for that!  Alyssa can bind any weapon and turn it into any other kind of weapon, so its not like we have to be on the lookout for a rapier or anything.  Any powerful melee weapon will do just fine.

And questions for Veekie:  I know that fire elementals won't like Zeni carrying a staff composed of elemental water into their border region, but would the earth elementals give a damn about it?  Would they like it?  Would stowing it in the bag of holding affect anything?

... Is using fireball to open the gate going to upset the earth elementals right beside us? I don't really imagine so, but just being safe, Zeni's knowledge roll should give her at least a hint on that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:07:59 AM by :< »

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »
Any option that removes Last Blood without a replacement (or a rewrite) reduces my combat effectiveness.
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2015, 10:11:40 AM »
Is Alyssa, the character, going to worry about "oh no my theoretical DPS" or is she going to worry about "oh crap, they're right, those hellhounds were no joke and the (nigh) apocalypse might be on the brink of being unleashed!  My brothers, my family, everyone I know and love might get torn apart by horrid fiends if I mess up one more time!  Better hand this over and see about getting it destroyed, just in case." ?

You know damn well Veekie will try his best to get a new weapon for Alyssa on the next loot table if we get Last Blood away from her.  I mean, he thought up the trade option himself.  Zeni would offer up the tentacle rod if you still want that for some reason.

I'm not trying to attack you, Nick, or anything like that :< It just has made no sense that our party has let this Last Blood thing get as bad as we have.  We should've stopped it before.  Alyssa's lack of concern about it has been really strange.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »
I'm down for option 2 and 5 and I propose 2 other options.

6) Format Last Blood and rewrite it into another weapon, it is after all only a magical item and not an artifact, and hence it would probably take an arc to accomplish that.
This is functionally destroying it/trading it. You won't get the same type of magic item back.
7) Alyssa leaves the party, I have a new character already written up that would be a better addition to the party. Storywise, the easiest would be that Alyssa leaves to lure the "wild hunt" away, and goes on her own adventures.
The hellhounds are not the Wild Hunt. There are still a few conditions to be fulfilled for that.

And questions for Veekie:  I know that fire elementals won't like Zeni carrying a staff composed of elemental water into their border region, but would the earth elementals give a damn about it?  Would they like it?  Would stowing it in the bag of holding affect anything?
1) Elemental rivalry.
Fire dislikes Water(major) and Earth(minor), likes Air
Air dislikes Fire(minor) and Earth(major), likes Water
Water dislikes Fire(major) and Air(minor), likes Earth
Earth dislikes Air(major) and Water(minor), likes Fire

3) If they can't see it they don't care about it.

... Is using fireball to open the gate going to upset the earth elementals right beside us? I don't really imagine so, but just being safe, Zeni's knowledge roll should give her at least a hint on that.
See above elemental chart.

As for replacement weapons, they can happen(spoilers, one magic weapon has already been rolled). For DPS, sorry, not happening unless I override the loot tables completely. The Flametongue/Frostbrand have a 0.1% chance of being rolled at this CR. The next best things are +2 and +1 weapons for raw DPS.

There are a lot more useful weapons, but for DPS those two are supreme until you reach the 11-15 loot tables, where you have about a 10% chance of getting  something as good.

Finally....Ellis doesn't even HAVE a magic weapon at all you know.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2015, 07:05:24 PM »
Gauntlets!!!!!!!!  :love :love :love :love
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2015, 07:12:10 PM »
So if Alyssa didn't break Last Blood we'd be 400xp short?
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2015, 03:23:46 AM »
Made this money tracking spreadsheet since we seemed to have lost track:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OBJ2ixUbgyIQJPlWw05of0ZJ1lMiawmOeznz5QrRT9Y/edit#gid=0

We're not as rich as I thought we were. :<  Our dragon tank is 'spensive and that Amulet hurt Zeni's balance a lot, butshedeservesit.

Time to sell the dragon blood!

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2015, 03:29:05 AM »
I'm not sure how wealth is measured in 5E, but with each of us carrying at least 3K gold pieces, I'm sure we're carrying the GDP equivalent of a large village, per each of us.
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »
Alyssa will leave the party, after weighing the risks and finding that she can't get her family back together again if she herself couldn't survive. She's well aware of Yeenoghu's obsession over her and would find ways and means to mitigate the danger, after all a single person could travel and escape more nimbly than a group.

She leaves the crystal soul behind with Lien and whatever she does not need.

Do we take this to RP or can we handle this OOC?
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
Flaw: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.
Are you sure you want this? xD  Not very conducive for suddenly joining the party out of nowhere.

Other than that, sounds okay.  Maybe let's just OOC summarize how it goes?  Also rip gauntlets. :<

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:36 AM »
Flaw: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.
Are you sure you want this? xD  Not very conducive for suddenly joining the party out of nowhere.

You're no paragon of exquisite society either  :rolleyes  :lol

Other than that, sounds okay.  Maybe let's just OOC summarize how it goes?  Also rip gauntlets. :<

Not really a loss.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:22:39 AM by Nicklance »
Will add later