Author Topic: Game Thread (Rob DM)  (Read 76220 times)

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread (Rob DM)
« Reply #380 on: November 18, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »
Yeah, should get anough to get us to the next settlement on the way or get extra incase we get sidetracked
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 19, 2016, 08:49:44 AM »
You can easily get all the normal supplies you need here. The priest will let you keep the original key.

The tricky part is going to be crossing from Bjorin to Feldin, across the Beld river. You're not too far from the river, but that is the current contested area in the war. You may have to steer clear of any conflicts, and expect soldiers on both sides to be super skeptical of you.

The easy way across is to go back up that small path you took to get down here and go back to the town where you dropped off the bandits. There's a road from there that heads to a main bridge across the river. Whether or not you'll be able to cross at that bridge is unknown, but the town might have some more info for you. You could also start heading roughly straight east from where you are, going through the woods until you come to the river. Going through the woods and crossing the river without a bridge might be tricky with the horses. If you went that route, you could sell the horses or take your chances.

Another thing to keep in mind is the closer you get to the conflict, the more your horses become a valuable commodity. This is both in that you could trade them for something significant, but you might also be a target.

So, with all that in mind, what's your plan of attack?
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2016, 02:28:50 PM »
Take the road and trust in the better nature of folks, not wise, but whatever religion they hold to, ours is a friendly god to most. If they start a beef I will staighten their sh!t out. Unless sorsha thinks otherwise
Not sure how much time has passed but wondering if we swing back by the original town where sorsha was would we be around for trial, dont remember how much time was needed
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2016, 09:18:43 AM »
It's been less than two weeks since you dropped them off; probably not much more than a week, even. You could be back there in under a week. I don't remember if you were given a set date for a trial, or not. It may have already happened. It's most of the wrong direction for the tower, so it will add around eight to ten days to your total trip. Still, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of an increase. You have some time to get out that way. It will likely take a month or two to travel that far.

Sorsha is fine going back, if it's important to you.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2016, 02:06:37 AM »
i thought they said two weeks, but i could be mistaken, i can scroll back and track that down for sure easly enough. They r rivals and if they manage to wingle out of the trouble they are in or escape somehow they could be right behind us again so double checking on them may be an ok idea, 8 days instead too bad but every hour could make a difference also, however a secret lost for hundreds of years could go undiscovered a couple more days too.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2016, 09:04:20 PM »
You two agree to head back to check on the trial. You don't make it much more than two hours out, still on the small trail, when Sorsha points to your left. Tearing through the brush, about 120 feet out is an incredibly large boar; about the size of one of your horses. At this rate, it will probably close on your current position within two rounds, although you are both mounted. The road ahead and behind appears clear.

What's the plan?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 16, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »
Well, wild animals can be dangerous and a large one extra but it could just do its own thing and wander off, being by the road it could attack travelers of any kind though... let it roam around til it gets near a town and the hunters could bag an epic meal time
 :pie

"Should be hope it wanders off before someone else comes up the road?"

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 16, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »
"We can. It's existence does not offend me, and we might lead it away, a bit."
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
Sp should  we get closer or does it already spot us, lead it away deeper into the woods, will the horses be able to our pace boar?

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:10 PM »
It's already charging toward your position. It's a gamble about speed once it's on the road.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2016, 05:41:43 PM »
Lets see if we can outrun it and what it does when it wonders off, but if we run into people or if he keeps coming we may need to deal with it

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 24, 2016, 10:49:35 PM »
You guys easily outrun the thing. You go for well over five miles, when suddenly, the horses get spooked. Before you have a chance to react, you see three fairly large, jet black wolves! They're about twenty feet away, in the brush.

Initiative:
Wolf 1 (20)
Sorsha (20)
Gregor (17)
Wolf 2 (16)
Wolf 3 (9)

Round 1:

Wolf 1 leaps into action and charges Gregor's horse!

Bite -> 1d20+7 = 14, and it hits for 1d6+4 = 9 damage!

The wolf attempts to trip the horse -> d20+3 = 9 vs d20+6 = 14. The horse keeps its footing.

Sorsha, not wanting to waste her time trying to control an untrained horse dismounts and attacks the wolf that bit your horse -> d20+7 = 14, and hits for 1d8+3 = 10!

The wolf lets out a howl, then snarls. "Leave the horses and we'll let you go!"

Gregor is up! Note that having an untrained horse means you're going to have to make a DC 20 Ride check as a move action each round in order to control the horse. If you fail, it takes up your full-round action to maintain control.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:29:01 AM by RobbyPants »
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2016, 02:07:44 AM »
Dismount myself. The wolf is speaking I imagine. Do these look like the worg i fought before in anyway?
"The humans war may have taken your food source but we cannot go without our speed"
If it wants to talk more then it can otherwise I'm gonna be attacking aswell, same one as sorsha or the nearest

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2016, 09:28:27 AM »
Yes, it is talking, and yes, it looks pretty similar; dark colored fur and a bit of a malevolent intelligence in its eyes.

After you deny its request, you can see them lowering their stance to attack, so you take your attack on the first worg -> d20+10 = 14. You hit for 1d10+7 = 10. The worg is still up, but the two cuts are fairly deep.

Your guys horses (predictably) take off. Worg 1 makes an attack of opportunity on the horse -> d20+7 = 24, and hits for 1d6+4 = 7. The horse falls to the ground!

Worgs 2 and 3 give chase after your horse. Right now, they're all moving at the same speed (50), so the horse has the lead.

Round 2

Worg 1 retreats (100') as a full-round action, to avoid and attack of opportunity.

Right now, they're all about 100 feet away.

Sorsha draws her bow and shoots the injured one -> d20+5 = 24, and hits for 1d8+3 = 10, which staggers the worg. It stops running.

Gregor is up!
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »
(Also, I forgot: do you still have that celestial dog?)
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)
:plotting

Suppose I should double bow arrow some worg, not sure what else to do, im fast but not 50 animal fast, double shot gives me penalty so maybe just a single shot....

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 02, 2017, 08:49:46 PM »
Retroactively, your dog would have bitten the worg earlier, before it ran off -> d20+2 = 11, which misses.

Anyway, on your current turn, the dog gives chase, although it is a bit slower. It's up to you to figure out if you want to take one shot or two. They're within your first range increment, still.
My creations