Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46455 times)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
Shatterscale quickly threw up his hands, blocking off most of the damage to the sensory array and managing to avoid getting blinded himself. Still, SimoLeon was pretty badly damaged- but that was nothing a little time wouldn't fix.

"Right, getting sick and tired of this. Clearing your shot, Antares.

Shatterscale hit the reverse thrusters, keeping his eyes on the Buzzer at all times.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
Bagra was certainly not ready for the flash. He tried closing his eyes but wasn't quick enough. But he trained for this in the academy. He would not lose the opportunity of killing his enemy. Unfortunately his sword hissed over the buzzer's head hitting nothing. He curses and steps to the side in order to clear Antares' line of fire.

"I can't see shit and am badly damaged! Withdrawing! Somebody cover me."

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2013, 02:13:08 AM »
Cashile gestures towards Antares, "Than-" he breaks off as he glimpses a bright glowing from the corner of his eyes.

"Huh," Cashile grunts watching Shatterscale shoot overhead, his mecha much worse for wear than he was a second ago. "That's new."

Cashile kneels down and levels the sight of his railgun at the lip of the cliff. He scans for the bug. He waits.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »
Bartok quickly moves in to engage the closer insect.  "Covering Bagra," he announces as his mecha punches at the creature using every ounce of power he can muster.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
The most wounded buzzer manages to dodge one of Vail's missiles, but the second one detonates directly over it, blasting it in half!

Shatterscale and Bagra pull away from the last biomonster, opening the line of fire for Antares and a charging path for Bartok.

The lion's homing missile flies straight into the buzzer's open jaws, and then the incoming gespent's fist smashes its mouth shut, further driving the warhead inside the biomonster's body. The mutant biomonster glows brightly for a moment before exploding into a cloud of white ash! When it subsides, you can spot something yellow glowing on the nearby ground... Meseta!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »
"All targets down. Captain, I'm returning to the Illustrious to resupply." Antares buzzed over comm.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
"Roger that; anyone who took damage make sure to not step on the mechanics. Your mecha will be repaired before we get going again--it should only be a few minutes," Alexia said, broadcasting to everyone and preparing to go into cruising speed. She was proud of her crew--even if the Illustrious was basically an old heap of junk, the crew made up for it. Any mecha that they could get their hands on? Repaired in minutes.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2013, 10:26:33 PM »
Bartok pilots his mecha back to the ship for repairs.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
As he docks with the battleship, Vail is beginning to come down from the exhilaration of battle. He feels a little drained and runs through some calming exercises, mostly involving thoughts of dragonfire.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2013, 06:24:19 PM »
As you finish repairing your machines and restoring your minds, the Illustrious sets into cruising speed once more towards the bioplant.

Suddenly after around half an hour of quiet flying, you catch up a weak, erratic radio transmission being broadcast in a general, open frequency:

"Vrzkt-Crashed-brzkt-Biomonsters attacked us-brzkt-Someone listening?-vrzt-Please help-crsszz-Quickly-trsz"

Alexia's crew informs her the message is coming somewhere from the east, just a couple minutes of flight at cruising speed away.
It's being jammed by some exterior force, but you just happened to pass close enough to catch it up.

You could go check it out. Or you could ignore it and continue your course, since the soldiers made it clear nobody else is suposed to be inside the area, so it means it's an illegal trespasser that got in trouble for its own fault, and you already have a mission of your own.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:27:22 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 07:33:04 PM »
Alexia's response was naturally quite immediate, shifting in her seat and grasping the heavily alloyed rapier in front of her. "Change course to track the transmission, if people are in danger we must help. Prepare for hostiles; it could still be a trap. Even if it isn't, there's going to be more monsters around."

Even if it made her unpopular with others, there was no way that she could ignore a distress signal and retain a clear conscience. That didn't mean being stupid about it, though. Besides, this was her ship; the path it took to their mission destination was hers to decide.

A call to battle stations was sounded throughout the ship, so there was no excuse to not be in position by the time they got there...

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »
"There's not supposed to be anyone in this area." Vail says, frowning, "Could it be a trap? The biomonsters are manifesting bizarre mutations. Maybe one of those is "mimic the call of prey in distress"?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2013, 01:36:57 AM »
"All the way down to specific radio frequencies and channels? If they had that level of intelligence we would have much bigger things to worry about." Antares pondered aloud. "I don't doubt the biomonsters are likely to show up, but I doubt they are outright lying in ambush."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2013, 06:07:23 AM »
"Vali is right. No ship should be here. But we can't ignore the possibility of a real distress call. We'd better be ready for the worse".
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »
As the Illustrious flies towards the new destination, you notice you're moving into a less rocky area with a lot more vegetation than before. Soon  something glittering on the horizon appears. A large transport ship, a civilian model whitout weapons, badly wrecked, with some plating sections looking like they melted, laying in a small crater. Three biomonsters circle it, tearing at the hull as if trying to reach something inside-Two bulky Armored Ants and one Spitkill.

You hear a new, stronger transmission coming from the crashed ship:

"Please! Whoever you are please help us! We've taken refuge in the innermost ship rooms, but we don't know how long it'll hold! Watch out for the snake biomonster, it can spit highly corrosive acid!"

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »
"Roger that," Alexia returned, hoping to hell that everyone else was in position and moving closer so they'd be within combat range after deploying.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
"Copy. Everyone, I'm going to focus fire on the Spitkill." Antares announced to his companions as the Lion flew out and unleashed a missile salvo on the snake-like biomonster.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
Seeing two of his teammates focusing on the Spitkill, Bartok disembarks from the ship and flies down to engage an Armored Ant before it fully breaches the interior hulls of the downed ship, shooting with with a pair of missiles.

(click to show/hide)

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
Time for the direct approach. "I'm going in!" Vail radioed. "Targeting the spitkill and the ant on the far side. Get ready to burn, vermin!"

Streaking out from the ship's catapult, he landed his mecha with a thump, a short distance out from the side of the civilian ship and immediately unleashed his fire breath.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
"Nacht Systems engaged. As usual, making for cover to strike when they don't expect it."

Shatterscale launched, heading for the tremendous tree nearest the giant snake. He

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."