Author Topic: Low-End OOC thread.  (Read 86278 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Low-End OOC thread.
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »
Incarnum Weapon is decent outside the mecha but mecha weapons outclass it by a fair margin. That was one of the reasons I decided not to play an Incarnate.

Hologram tech sounds like perfect fluff for it, though.

That's the reason I don't have it shaped.   :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »
Just reposting this, Oslecamo, not sure if you got it as you posted right before I finished my edit.

Wait, there was another. Trading Ride as a Class Skill for Tumble. Under Skilled City-Dweller (same website)

Yes.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
Oslecamo, since we haven't actually done anything yet can I buy a weapon?

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
...Sadly, Shatterscale hasn't crafted any explosives. So it looks like blowing up the wall at D-17 and going through that way isn't an option.

YET.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
Yes. Until I first ask you to roll iniative feel free for any last-moment character crunch polishing.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
Yes. Until I first ask you to roll iniative feel free for any last-moment character crunch polishing.

Hooray, not uselessness!

I'll just get rid of it when I can have four or five soulmelds.   :P

...it feels weird to be playing a character that doesn't care so much about normal equipment.

Edit: I still care at low levels, I care so much.

I'm now sword and board with medium armor, switched Int and Wis, fiddled with skills, and adjusted an arsenal since I have no stealth abilities now.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »
Hm... gonna look at alchemical stuff for the party.

...Huh. I can turn out 6 flasks of acid a week. Not much, but it's something.

If I can get bonuses, I might be able to craft us some Shapesand down the way.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
Question. How long have we known one another?

It may be that I'm jet lagged, tired, need to sleep and whatnot but what will leather armour and a longbow be refluffed to? I wasn't sure if there was a refluff thread that outlined this :(

One last disclaimer: As this is my first PbP and I'm still new to this game (please, stifle the groans :P) I would appreciate any constructive criticism you guys have got.
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »

It may be that I'm jet lagged, tired, need to sleep and whatnot but what will leather armour and a longbow be refluffed to? I wasn't sure if there was a refluff thread that outlined this :(

One last disclaimer: As this is my first PbP and I'm still new to this game (please, stifle the groans :P) I would appreciate any constructive criticism you guys have got.

I think you just refluff it to whatever you feel is appropriate.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2013, 10:30:46 AM »

Whatever you want, within reason. Probably a ceramics plate and a long gun of some sort (small caliber shotgun?).
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
Also. What has happened to magic? I'm writing out Cashile's backstory, but... it looks like mage's, or magic, died out centuries ago =/
One of the parts of his backstory was being a lucksack killing a mage and being rewarded with a suit for it...
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »
Incarnum has become Holograms, magic would be Techniques. Photon manipulation or... something.

Bardic music is probably just excessively awesome music. :lmao

I find it hilarious that the 10 Int, 8 Cha warblade is assuming command. Time to put a stop to this silliness.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »
Incarnum has become Holograms, magic would be Techniques. Photon manipulation or... something.

Bardic music is probably just excessively awesome music. :lmao

I find it hilarious that the 10 Int, 8 Cha warblade is assuming command. Time to put a stop to this silliness.

Maybe it's because I'm not native english speaker, but Bagra is not trying to command. No one had any plan. You want to raid an instalation full of monsters with no plan at all?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
I should point out that I was kind of occupied so I, myself, couldn't interject before he kept contradicting everyone else. >.>

Taking charge of planning when no-one else was is kind of assuming command, anyway. :p

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:30 PM »
Exactly! Since the one that should be planning isn't doing it, someone has to step up. Even with WIS 10 and CHA 8. But nevermind that. Lead us, oh great leader! Lead us to a glorious battle!
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
... what, you mean the fact I was in lessons and not available to post makes it perfectly sensible for the Warblade to take charge? :/

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »
Again, no one else did. This is a fast-paced campaign. We can't just sit around waiting for someone to post. And your character's introduction never pointed out that you were in charge of anything. I thought there was no one in charge. But that's enough discussion. This matter should be resolved IC.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:38 PM »
... I don't think it's supposed to be this fast paced. There's a reasonable limit. :/

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
Fast paced means that we should post at least once a day, I think you're rushing things a bit Scout.   :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
... doesn't look like Bagra will have many friends, if he's going to fly off the handle for having other people not want to rush in. @_@