Author Topic: OOC Discussion and shit  (Read 98605 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion and shit
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »
I swear between this board and the other board I'm on I've learned more possible combinations for letters of the alphabet then that time Godzilla attacked the alphabet soup cannery. :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
Oh crap, I forgot Algid Enchantment.  So he's actually at +85 to hit.  That should do better.

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
I swear between this board and the other board I'm on I've learned more possible combinations for letters of the alphabet then that time Godzilla attacked the alphabet soup cannery. :)
Godzilla attacked the alphabet soup cannery!

There are 17576 three-letter combinations possible, incidentally.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2012, 07:27:37 AM »
Oh god... I was telling my brother about Ransom, and he said "you have to build him at level 30 for thus and such game".  What would he even be like at level 30??   :twitch

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #305 on: March 28, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
Oh god... I was telling my brother about Ransom, and he said "you have to build him at level 30 for thus and such game".  What would he even be like at level 30??   :twitch

More ridiculous? :)

Maybe he got bored of owning a Demiplane, and used all his infinite resources to buy up all the real estate on the Prime Material Plane, using a portal to the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Mineral to finance his en-devour. Now all the kingdoms of Man, Elf, and Dwarf pay him rent. "Peace" becomes synonymous with "Rent Control".
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
I mean, I could trivially get him to an arbitrarily high CL (seriously, getting to a CL of 1 million would take probably about 5 minutes and it would last until dispelled... that is, forever), plus with Heroics + DCFS he has as many feats (and with Improved Spell Capacity, spell slots and spell levels) as he wants.  So I'm not sure what to do with that...

EDIT: did the math wrong, it would take 12 rounds to get to a CL of 1e6.

EDIT2: No, I did it right the first time, but it only takes 22 rounds.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:01:03 AM by sirpercival »

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
I mean, I could trivially get him to an arbitrarily high CL (seriously, getting to a CL of 1 million would take probably about 5 minutes and it would last until dispelled... that is, forever), plus with Heroics + DCFS he has as many feats (and with Improved Spell Capacity, spell slots and spell levels) as he wants.  So I'm not sure what to do with that...

EDIT: did the math wrong, it would take 12 rounds to get to a CL of 1e6.

- Simple. Retrain ninth level and take the Landlord feat. Landlord gives you 1 gold for every 1 gold you put towards the construction of a base of operations, with no ceiling. Give the feat a million gold, and it gives you an additional million, but only for the purposes of constructing a base. So what do to you with this? Buy the Prime Material Plane. I'm serious. :)

- Though alternatively you could construct an army of Adamantine Golems, or use your insane magical prowess to create a new element that has the hardness of Adamantine and the suppleness of Mithril, then build a few (hundred) golems from that material. Oh, did I mention it's naturally invisible?

Nothing Golems, anyone? :)

- Let's combine the two. Construct a mobile fortress from Nothingite (Patent Pending), and then enchant it to be a golem the size of a mobile castle. Now you have a colossal golem that doubles as living space.

- Make duplicates of yourself, loyal to the original of course, and then start doing insane cooperative ritual magics to find your long lost childhood friend.

- Take a lesson from the villain of the anime series Wakfu, Nox, and go back in time to the point where she died, and then save her life. Since D&D's concept of Paradox is "N/A", then you could return to a new future where she lived, and you and her can be happy / rule the cosmos together.

- Using your insanely high CL, use a massive Polymorph Any Object to turn the Prime Material Plane into and endless quagmire of salt water taffy, and offer it up as a tribute to the Goddess of Cavities and Dental Misfortune.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
 :lmao

I meant more along the lines of "what CL should I give him?"

Though I do like the PAO idea.  Let's see... PAO can do 100 cubic feet per level, Widen that to 200 ft3/level.  The moon is 7.75439452e20 feet3, so I'd need a CL of 3.87719726e18.  With this method, I would need about 10 minutes to reach that CL.

So... 10 minutes, and I can turn the moon into the Death Star.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #309 on: March 28, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »
No, what you meant was "What the hell do I do what a character that powerful?" not "What Caster Level should I limit myself to?"

Don't say things you can't take back. ;)

Okay, so you can turn the PMP into the Elemental Plane of Taffy in about half an hour, and the funny part is since the transition from "Earth and Stone" to "Salt Water Taffy" is so minimal, the change would be permanent since the spell is more concerned with you turning dust mites into dinosaurs then doing anything truly creative, like turning the sun into a ball of yarn or turning the king's moat from water to hydrofluoric acid.

And then, once you have your Death Star, you can spend ten minutes crafting every wand and rod in existence, sovereign gluing them together, and mounting them on a metamagic extend stage and then start picking off populace centers from high orbit. Gonna suck to be the PC's in that universe.

"All was bright and sunny in the world, then a beam of finite chaos came crashing from the heavens, dealing 10d6 fire / acid / puppy / electrical / sonic / holy / unholy / orangutang / untyped / negative / positive energy damage to all within a 15 / 25 / 50 / 100 foot radius. Save for half, for most of the damage." 
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 28, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
Nah, I'll just energy sub it all to Puppy damage, since who would complain at being pelted to death with adorable puppies?

BTW, with a 3e18 CL, I can throw 3e18 orcish shotputs, each of which does 2d6 * 23.75e17 base damage.

EDIT: And I already know what to do with a character that powerful -- play him in that game.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #311 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:04 AM »
Nah, I'll just energy sub it all to Puppy damage, since who would complain at being pelted to death with adorable puppies?

And no one has Puppy Resistance.

BTW, with a 3e18 CL, I can throw 3e18 orcish shotputs, each of which does 2d6 * 23.75e17 base damage.

EDIT: And I already know what to do with a character that powerful -- play him in that game.

So... this:

... but in the billions.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 28, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
Billions?  Bah.  The base damage of each of those shotputs can't even be represented in scientific notation.  Here's a more accurate version, according to Wolfram Alpha:

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #313 on: March 28, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
Billions?  Bah.  The base damage of each of those shotputs can't even be represented in scientific notation.  Here's a more accurate version, according to Wolfram Alpha:

GREAT SCOTT!
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 28, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
By the way, I'm NOT going to use this method of gaining arbitrarily high CL in this game.  For one, I can't do it justice until at least 18th level and then not for realsies until 21st (when I can make it last forever).  For two, I don't want Aye to use it against us.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2012, 11:17:05 AM »
It's reassuring to know that the real reason we're not doing half the insane shit we can attempt to justify is because we don't want to potentially risk facing it ourselves. ;)
Link to my homebrews

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 28, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
I am tempted to make it a Wight Christmas started via nuclear fimbulwinter, though...

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
I'm.... leery... of a wight.... christmas

Sing it with me now.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »
Sable, I figured out an even better use for a 4 quintillion CL.

a) use Shadow Miracle to cast Body Outside Body, which gives me .2 quintillion copies of myself.
b) use Spell Sculptor to cast a 12th-level RoS Shapechange on 1 target per level, turning all .2 quintillion copies into Advanced 4 quintillion HD force dragons.
c) take over the entire multiverse, all at once.
d)  :???
e) profit!

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »

Sirpercival, I do think you have created a real TO monster. good job !
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.