Author Topic: Aunty Paladin's RPGs and Kid Helping Extravaganza!  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Aunty Paladin's RPGs and Kid Helping Extravaganza!
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:04:30 AM »
Last year, several friends of mine had a marathon gaming session for charity. In the words of one of the key members:
"Auntie Paladin is a marathon gaming event put on by the RPG club at UCI. We play tabletop roleplaying games for a period of time based on incremental donation amounts made on our behalf to the Child's Play charity. The entire event is Streamed live on the internet, and we make sure to try and interact with our viewers between games of all sorts. Last year was our first run at it, and it was met with serious sucess, wherein we raised over $5,500, and played for 112 hours continuously."

This year they are doing it again, and I will likely participate, so I thought I'd spread the news.

The website, which will soon be updated, can be found here: http://forthechildrenandstuff.tumblr.com/
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Re: Aunty Paladin's RPGs and Kid Helping Extravaganza!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:22 AM »
I have braved the Tomb of Horrors and remain unscathed, for now. Three of my companions were not so fortunate and have passed on. I can only hope to do their deaths justice and escape from this accursed place tomorrow night.
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
Re: Aunty Paladin's RPGs and Kid Helping Extravaganza!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
You forgot to mention you guys also heartlessly sacrificed three celestial monkeys... for the children.

Also, dove-tailing with this in our own shameless cross-promotion (c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER!): Aunty Paladin plays Legend tonight at 9pm, running the Osaka Street Stories adventure! Hails of gunfire, dirty cops, yakuza, snipers, demons, and tea parties all await our most unfortunate adventurers.

"It's enough to send even the most fearsome gazebo running." - Trent Magnum

Donate for children in need here: http://forthechildrenandstuff.tumblr.com/

And tune in to the livestream here: http://www.livestream.com/chocolatehammer?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=ui-content&utm_campaign=chocolatehammer&utm_content=chocolatehammer

Alllso, guess who has is typing this, hasn't GMd before, and is GMing this incredibly chaotic game? This guy.

Lastly, I encourage all you young whippersnappers at home to play along. You can get OSS here (direct download) or here (page with link)
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know