Author Topic: Chapter 3: Chaos Reigns  (Read 130081 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: Chapter 3: Chaos Reigns
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »
Moving the 180 lb man is hazardous as the boat groans and cracks under stress, but you manage to drag him out and start performing first aid.  Heartbeat, check, breathing, check.  Come now, live, live!

Quote from: Crunch
Fort:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22

"Nuuhh... nuuh..."
Mudada.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »
Dusting his hands off, Robert stares the man down, waiting for him to make the first move.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
Eric manages to rouse the man awake, but just barely.  He badly needs medical attention.

Robert sees the young man is younger than he thought and seems to be in pretty bad shape.  His expression is quite unsettling: http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hn4f8d2d71.jpg  (note he doesnt look like this guy and is much younger, but the effect is the same).

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »
Eric manages to rouse the man awake, but just barely.  He badly needs medical attention.

Eric gives the man one of his waterskins and some rations. He helps the man up over his shoulder and says "We should see if we can get you do a doctor.". He begins to look for a hospital or doctor.

"So, what happened to you?"

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:01:52 PM by bhu »
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
Eventually, Robert's patience cracks. He crosses the street to stand directly in front of the man, head tilted expectantly.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »

Eric gives the man one of his waterskins and some rations. He helps the man up over his shoulder and says "We should see if we can get you do a doctor.". He begins to look for a hospital or doctor.

"So, what happened to you?"

Sol, you're up.

A doctor has been called for and is on his way towards you.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2014, 03:03:15 PM »
Eventually, Robert's patience cracks. He crosses the street to stand directly in front of the man, head tilted expectantly.

He begins to silently mouth what you assume are words.  You begin to think his mind may be gone, and that perhaps you have found a witness.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
"Ah. Why don't you come sit down? It's okay, I'm...sort of a doctor." Robert gently takes hold of the man's upper arm and steers him toward a nearby crate.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2014, 04:25:49 PM »
Deep within his addled mind Johnathan was on the run, that baleful wailing closing in behind him and their shapes obscured by fog and mist.  And yet even from back here he could feel its hot gaze burning his skin like open coals.  This thing was his fault, and he couldn't escape it.  The thought of stopping came to him, only to be quenched as another wave of terror washed over him.  That noise, why did it have to make that noise?  What was it even saying to him!?  He felt his body lose traction with the ground and he tripped, tumbling over the ground as the beast leapt out of the miasma upon him.  Get off, get off, get off, get off, get off!

"Nuh.... uuuugghhh!!!!"  Awake!  The man sprung awake in a panic and nearly decked poor Eric before quickly losing his balance and his breathing taken over by involuntary hyperventilation and coughing.  He swung at the air again, but his body wouldn't have it and he dropped back to his knees as the cobwebs cleared from his head.  "...ppth....ptgh... argh mercy my head.... kaff!"  Give him a moment.

".....my....my boat?"  The wooden wreck was starting to sink as water slipped through open cracks.  "Where am I?  Who are you?  The water...  Get away from the water, its not safe..." he trailed off, trying to get back to his feet and away from shore.  He'll gladly accept your aid to help him out of there. 

So thirsty....
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
"Ah. Why don't you come sit down? It's okay, I'm...sort of a doctor." Robert gently takes hold of the man's upper arm and steers him toward a nearby crate.

He allows himself to be led.  His eyes seem to always be moving, scanning the dark for something.  You definitely get the feeling he's witnessed something.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »
Eric leads the man away from the shore before offering him a water skin and some rations.

He helps the man sit down before getting the food, and stays beyond arms reach, otherwise.
My creations

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2014, 12:58:31 AM »
The dazed man is easily led away and will passively submit to wherever you take him.  When the place you bring him has food and water, he consumes them ravenously.  Must have been hungry.  The meeting is quiet save for the consumption of food until he finally finishes and takes a deep breath to relax.

"T-thank you.  I don't know what I would have done without your h-help."  His brow furrowed in thought, wondering how he could possibly bring up the thoughts dancing in his head.  "My name is..." he hesitated for a moment as if he questioned his own name, "John.  I'm John Whitechapel.  I've been in flight I'm afraid and I know not how far I've drifted off course."
Mudada.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2014, 01:31:27 AM »
Robert gets the man sitting down. "You saw something, didn't you?" he asks quietly. "Something you couldn't explain?"

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 01:44:46 AM »
(EDIT:Stupid me, I thought Boz was talking to me there.  It's the fact his character is ROBERT while the person I should be replying to is ROBBYPANTS.  The post has been edited a bit to not be derpy.)

John's mind was racing even through the silence.  Even he isn't sure if it was a terrible dream or real.  His nerves had been completely broken before and he knows he had been running on emotion, but those things he saw... and the things he did...

"I feel better, thank you." he said, becoming quiet and glancing about to be sure others weren't peeping in.  "I've come from Mabell, there was an incident and I had to flee.  I was being chased.  And the places I went from help didn't seem to know what I was talking about.  I don't really expect it here either."  There was a moment of hope and fear, unsure if he was incriminating himself to hidden judgmental ears just beyond those walls.  Who was this guy?

"Please tell me, do you know anything of Mabell?"

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:02:57 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2014, 01:55:56 AM »
Robert gets the man sitting down. "You saw something, didn't you?" he asks quietly. "Something you couldn't explain?"

He nods, quivering.

ooc: Robby your PC has never heard of Mabell

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2014, 02:46:16 AM »
"Could you tell me what happened?" Robert does his best to speak in a calm, level manner. The more relaxed the man is, the better. "Anything you can think of, no matter how small it is or how unbelievable it sounds, would be extraordinarily helpful."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2014, 03:11:31 AM »
Constables arrive, having been awoken by tales of murder and corpse burning.

"What has happened here?"

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2014, 03:23:48 AM »
The man frowned slightly in though, rubbing his forehead.  This would not go well.  "I don't think I can.  Were I to tell you what I recall you'd think me mad.  I am sure it is nothing more than delirium from being lost at sea.  If you truly wish to know...  well, I suppose I could tell." 

"I was an architect in Mabell.  I helped design several of the buildings, I was pious as any good soul.  Things were fine.  But one day the pastor asked some something rather odd.  And... and for the life of me I don't recall.  Its like my mind had gotten befuddled with the devil's drink.  I don't actually remember, but my entire memory for the week is simply foggy.  Do you know what its like to have an entire week of your life missing?  The next thing I remember clearly is being in mass.  And there was a noise and..." he paused for a moment growing pale.  Perhaps he should not.  Yes, he thinks he should skip that lot.  "I'm sorry, I suppose my head still hurts.  At some point something got into the townsfolk.  Several of my kinsfolk were accusing me of something, and I remembered there were strangers in town just shortly before.  And the fire.  Oh god, the fire!" he remembered seemingly suddenly.  There was a moment of silence and he took another swig of water trying to wash that feeling away. 

"Sorry, I'm certain the rest if pure fantasy.  I remember 'monsters' chasing me to the shore.  I had to live in the woods for a bit, and then I got my hands on that boat.  I didn't think they could get in the water like that.  I'm sure I was just in a panic running from the fire and the townsfolk.  They just weren't themselves."
Mudada.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
"My name is Eric Carlson. I've been recently promoted to constable both in light of recent events and due to my prior services and willingness to help. I rather wasn't expecting any of this a month ago, to be honest." Eric lets John continue and listens as he recalls the events.

As John gets upset and goes into details of delirium and things that cannot be, he leans in, lowering his voice so that others will not hear.

"I don't know exactly what you saw, and I understand if you don't want to recall it all now. Still, I feel given time for you to heal and better clear your head, we should discuss these things. I don't mean to alarm you, but there have been some rather odd occurrences as of late. I have witnessed a few, myself. What this specifically means, I don't know, but I aim to help restore order and peace to the area.

In general, keep quiet about the details about what you've seen lately to most people. Many wouldn't understand, but I have a circle of colleagues who know more about this than me. We can meet up with them, soon. In the mean time, follow me back to the inn. I can get you more food and water, and you need rest."
My creations

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
It was the last thing he was expecting.  "Wait.  You...believe me?"  He listened in cautiously.  Was this a trick?  No, this was the first person who seemed to take him seriously.  With no one else to rely on, this was his big chance to find out what was going on.

"I am in your debt.  And... I want to know exactly what happened."

He'll need to meet your friends.

John Whitechapel has joined your party.
Mudada.