Author Topic: Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start  (Read 31681 times)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »
Well, Inchling Warlock it is. Anyone know of any homebrew invocations that are good for the small?
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »
Okay Os, since you're going to pick and choose players I don't feel obligated to fill a role for once.

I have some requests for approval.  If there are any you especially would/wouldn't want me to play just say so.

Morphling with the Warforged sub levels

Something something Ice Beast.

Grunt.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »
Currently I am thinking of doing some kind of knight/melee type charecter. Using this, probably. And Wild Cohort. And some kind of interesting Demi-human or Bloodline. Maybe.

Another campaign, another fighter fix. Seems okish, but I'll ban the feat prerequisite ignoring thingy since it's too easy to cheese out like taking 9th level maneuvers right away.

Still unsure what I want to play, but seeing most my other ideas are being somewhat touched on, and this needs looking at, how about this?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?362608
Apologies but no because too wall of texty and never had seen it before. Plus this is supposed to be a Nintendo campaign, not Fate/Moon campaign. :P

I was thinking starting lv 6, PCs can start strong but not yet reality-warping. Or lv4/2 if players want to keep things more simple and start more on the underdog side.
I'm fine with 6, it's still on the underdog side :p
Noted. Since nobody else comments on that, guess lv6 it will be.

Okay Os, since you're going to pick and choose players I don't feel obligated to fill a role for once.

I have some requests for approval.  If there are any you especially would/wouldn't want me to play just say so.

Morphling with the Warforged sub levels

Something something Ice Beast.

Grunt.

Would definitely love to see an Ice Beast in play.
Warforged Morphling also seems like it could be nice as something megamanish.
Grunt is ok, just seems like the most bland of options.

Well, Inchling Warlock it is. Anyone know of any homebrew invocations that are good for the small?

Arguably pretty much all of them, in particular blasting ones as you get the to-hit benefits with no damage penalty.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 07:45:30 PM »
Cool! I was planning on swapping out the prequisite ignoring thing for the Armsmaster ACF, becuase I couldn't be bothered figuring out how to abuse the former.

Can I take Strat's Combat Focus Feats as Fighter Bonus Feats?

And I'm happy with level 6.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »
About as much reading as Tome of Radiance, methinks.

Speaking of which that leaves me with my idea to play a Champion.
Or perhaps a PoC class, or Hylian Warrior if there's not too many,

Then there's that Sentai class, but I don't think it'll fit well.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 08:35:47 PM »
I've decided that Morphling changes so much that I'd have to make a new character sheet, and I JUST MADE A CHARACTER SHEET LAST MONTH.  So I'm not motivated to make a simplified sheet to track characters who change all the time.

If you're excited about Ice Beast then Ice Beast it is.  I don't think I've ever actually played any of my homebrew, I should do that.

So I'll go something 1/ Ice Beast 5.  That gets me Ice Mastery.

In the Nintendo universe(s), what's the most likely creation scenario for me?  That should help me figure out what monster class gets my first level.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
I've decided that Morphling changes so much that I'd have to make a new character sheet, and I JUST MADE A CHARACTER SHEET LAST MONTH.  So I'm not motivated to make a simplified sheet to track characters who change all the time.

If you're excited about Ice Beast then Ice Beast it is.  I don't think I've ever actually played any of my homebrew, I should do that.

In the Nintendo universe(s), what's the most likely creation scenario for me?  That should help me figure out what monster class gets my first level.

Retired Miniboss!

(not really a creation story... but still)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »

Retired Miniboss!

(not really a creation story... but still)

:lmao

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »
Chiming in since you asked for what went wrong from the perspective of previous players:  In my case with the second game, I felt both overwhelmed by my options with the Power of Cybernetics stuff as well as didn't feel like my character's actions made enough of a difference at that point so I just shut down and stopped doing anything...  If instead I had done something much more limited in scope then I would have been fine.  So I know for sure if I have to choose between a bunch of options for the day I'll just stall due to decision paralysis.

Not coming in to show my interest since I know I'm not at a point I can do a PBP right now.  Just saying what I eventually figured out happened on my end and maybe that's useful for someone else.  Having both too many options and the feeling of "too much time to respond" can just lead to not responding.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
Oh damn, I got another idea which should have been obvious. I could play an Adept from Golden Sun! I mean I just started playing it again. No idea how to do it, reflavored psionic class?

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »
Oh damn, I got another idea which should have been obvious. I could play an Adept from Golden Sun! I mean I just started playing it again. No idea how to do it, reflavored psionic class?

Adepts were largely focused. Could run the range from Caster to Gish, and their Psynergy were rather direct. A psionic class would likely work just as well as a normal caster.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 10:49:06 PM »
Cool! I was planning on swapping out the prequisite ignoring thing for the Armsmaster ACF, becuase I couldn't be bothered figuring out how to abuse the former.

Can I take Strat's Combat Focus Feats as Fighter Bonus Feats?

And I'm happy with level 6.
Ok to ACF and Combat Focus.

In the Nintendo universe(s), what's the most likely creation scenario for me? That should help me figure out what monster class gets my first level.

First thing that comes to mind for "Nintendo Ice Beast" is Rundas from Metroid, something reincarnation/rebuilt after being blown up by Samus. Spirit lingered on and made himself a new body of ice?

Alola Sandshrew and Sandslash are Ice/Metal so seem like they would fit too.

Not coming in to show my interest since I know I'm not at a point I can do a PBP right now.  Just saying what I eventually figured out happened on my end and maybe that's useful for someone else.  Having both too many options and the feeling of "too much time to respond" can just lead to not responding.
Thank you! :)

I had a slight feeling something like that had happenned, one of the reasons I'm avoiding gestalt this time around.

Ah, Golden Sun that brings back some great memories. For years I've toyed with homebrewing djinnies and the fancy weapons that would unleash uber attacks in a crit, but never got down to that. Also never had the chance to try out the DS sequel.

Ahem, lots of caster/psionics could work with some reflavoring, depending on how gishy you want to go.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 11:36:46 PM »
Right... gonna do Mythweavers sheet to keep stuff organized while I build. I'll get started tomorrow after work.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 12:04:25 AM »
I doubt I'll get a full build done, but seeing this has me curious if I could make a passable, playable pikachu by combining awakened rat with lightning elemental...

I'd have to take monster blooded/monster hybrid, and choose to keep the animal type instead of gaining the elemental type, but it looks like it would be close... I'd have to just ignore the lightning elemental's growth ability since it's different then the normal ones which can be traded for a stat bonus.

Now I need to see what this thing looks like... :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:12:33 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 01:46:05 AM »
I'm going to preface this by saying it's all Archon's fault.

I'm totally an unemployed dungeon miniboss. 

Astral Stalker 1/ Ice Beast 5

And I only had to go through every monster class there was.   :lmao

Os, I posted some notes in Ice Beast.  Let me know your feedback before I actually make changes (don't worry, it's a bunch of nerfs and a grammar change).

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2017, 02:27:16 AM »
Oh wow.

In the Planar Handbook there is a mount called a "Ur'Epona". Described as Descendants of the legendary horse Epona, they are basically regular horses with int 6 and plane shift 1/day.

Can I have one? (as my wild cohort - I'd be happy to lose the plane shift or something. Maybe even take effective level -2 or something for the better attributes).

(and also, yay miniboss! :) . You found a good class for it, too).

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »
Oh, how about Prime 32's Chozo Warrior?

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=29.0

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2017, 03:15:25 PM »
Obviously you've got enough players as it is--

But from checking the Gaiden chapter (and god I don't know why I stopped posting)--how on Earth did a tentacled monstrosity fit into things WITHIN the world? Glitch in the system? :lmao
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:17:37 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
Thank you! :)

I had a slight feeling something like that had happenned, one of the reasons I'm avoiding gestalt this time around.

It wasn't even gestalt for the Nintendo stuff, I just plain suck at making executive decisions for daily character abilities like spells, soulmelds, and so on.  Even before then I knew I'd never play a prepared caster again, but now I also know just anything that chooses only a few daily things from a decently-sized pool is going to screw me up.  Come to think of it, I should probably try to practice on my own or with a friend in person to work on that...

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »
WIP because everyone in the house is screaming.

Saursari

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:03:16 PM by Clanjos »