Author Topic: Eyes of the Lich Queen or RHoD?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline RealMarkP

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Eyes of the Lich Queen or RHoD?
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
I've started a campaign and introduced the players to the ancient House of Vol, the Queen of the Dead (Vol), The Blood of Vol and many of the cults that worship her. Now, the players are only on level 2 and have a lot of playtime ahead of themselves. As I'm trying to plan the general arc of the campaign, I'm torn between slipping in the Red hand of Doom (levels 5-10) as the climax or bringing back a concept that the players were introduced to by running Eyes of the Lich Queen.

I've never played EotLQ. Some posts on GiantITP and the old boards make it sound mediocre. But it does contain lots of fluff about Vol and perhaps, I could use it to segway into bringing back Vol's House. However, the Red Hand of Doom needs no introduction and is considered one of the best published adventures from WoTC.

So, which direction should you choose?

Depending on which adventure is chosen, levels 2-5 will be molded to fit that arc.

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen or RHoD?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »
I have no XP with EotLQ.

I've played RHoD, and I'm currently running a heavily revamped version of it.  I vote RHoD.  There is a DM guide over on GitP that is quite helpful, and deals with the few *meh* issues that RHoD has.

Offline chinchillaofdoom

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Red Hand of Doom, its easily one of the more fun modules i've run for that level set.

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
The Handbook to RHoD that I mentioned is here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171284