Author Topic: OOC Blather  (Read 29281 times)

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Blather
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »
Its fine.  :D
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2015, 06:58:44 AM »
Something about the bush bugs me.

It's like, an elephant in the room and we're ignoring it?
Will add later

Offline :<

• I don't -dislike- games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »
I was pretty bothered by us ignoring it too. xD  Lien was the only one that could see it and for some reason wasn't pointing it out to the rest of us, I had the feeling Justy had side infos on what it was and was trolling us. :<  If Lien actually saw something dangerous in game, why wouldn't she point it out?  "It's over there, avoid it."  How could we avoid it without knowing where it was?

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2015, 01:10:02 PM »
I was pretty bothered by us ignoring it too. xD  Lien was the only one that could see it and for some reason wasn't pointing it out to the rest of us, I had the feeling Justy had side infos on what it was and was trolling us. :<  If Lien actually saw something dangerous in game, why wouldn't she point it out?  "It's over there, avoid it."  How could we avoid it without knowing where it was?
[06:22:41] <Lien> "Hold. Weird thing." Lien signals for the others to stop.
[...]
[06:25:45] <Lien> "It... It's got a skeleton, but it doesn't look too interested in us? Move on, but keep an eye on it."
The only private information I had was "it doesn't look like it cares about you", which I did communicate. As I see it, it's basically a predator who's just eaten - not hungry, but not to be provoked (and not to be near when it gets hungry again).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:20:45 PM by Agita »
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2015, 09:53:49 PM »
The only private information I had was "it doesn't look like it cares about you", which I did communicate. As I see it, it's basically a predator who's just eaten - not hungry, but not to be provoked (and not to be near when it gets hungry again).
Pretty much my thoughts. Almost certainly another shambling mound, which we'd rather not get into a fight with right after the gargoyles. Last time we had the good fortune to lock it down and we still nearly lost a party member during the surprise round alone. With all of us a little battered and low on spell slots/ki points/superiority dice, it'd be a much riskier fight the second time around.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2015, 10:00:27 PM »
Quote from: OOC Channel, not private
[06:24:30] <Zeni> another shambling mound? ; ;
[06:24:37] <[DM]> smaller
[06:24:46] <[DM]> it apparently looked at you
[06:24:48] <[DM]> went meh
[06:24:53] <[DM]> and continued cuddling it's prize
T_T It's bothering meee!  Tell me your secrets, stupid smaller-than-a-shambling-mound bush!  And Lien totally would've pointed it out.  :<

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 02:29:54 AM »
Quote from: OOC Channel, not private
[06:24:30] <Zeni> another shambling mound? ; ;
[06:24:37] <[DM]> smaller
[06:24:46] <[DM]> it apparently looked at you
[06:24:48] <[DM]> went meh
[06:24:53] <[DM]> and continued cuddling it's prize
T_T It's bothering meee!  Tell me your secrets, stupid smaller-than-a-shambling-mound bush!  And Lien totally would've pointed it out.  :<
She openly talked about it to the other party members, which implies that she did. I mean, I guess I didn't explicitly post "Lien points at the thing and tells everyone it's there", but I'd think the two lines constitute a pointing out. That was the intent, in any case.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:33:56 AM by Agita »
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »
Man the power of suggestion.

It would be funny if the party tore itself apart because of a shambling mound who didn't give two shits about us.  :P
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 07:16:15 PM »
Veekie's laptop is toast. He's trying to find solutions that don't cost a lot or entirely cost-free.

Stay tuned for updates.
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 07:20:34 PM »
Mmhmm :< He's got his phone IRC client and Creobot's in the channel already, might be able to make do with that?  DMing from a phone though, poor Veekie.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 09:08:57 AM »
It will be hell for him, it's only Wednesday, patience, he might have it sorted out before game time.
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »
Control Flames
Transmutation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour (see below)
You choose nonmagical flame that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You affect it in one of the following ways:
• You instantaneously expand the flame 5 feet in one direction, provided that wood or other fuel is present in the new location.
• You instantaneously extinguish the flames within the cube.
• You double or halve the area of bright light and dim light cast by the flame, change its color, or both. The change lasts for 1 hour.
• You cause simple shapes—such as the vague form of a creature, an inanimate object, or a location—to appear within the flames and animate as you like. The shapes last for 1 hour.
If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

Can Zeni just have this innately? :3 Pretty pretty please?  In lieu of that, might take it over shocking grasp despite it being kind of useless mechanically compared to it.  Fits her more! .v.

Guuuh, so many cantrips I want, maybe I should've gone for the earlier class dip afterall. :'<

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
Zeni, you might not have noticed this, but once you hit character level 11, your eldritch blast turns into 3 bolts. With Agonizing Blast that means 3 x 1d10 + Cha damage.  :love
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »
Oh, yeah, I know, and a sorcerer can twin spells... so 2x agonizing eldritch blasts a turn.  Gets absurd pretty quickly. :>  Going Sorcerer 3 and Warlock 2 enables that combo at level 5, which is nuts, but I'm going the less min-max route of going ~sorcerer 8 then warlock 2, if we get that far.  At level 6 sorcerer, Zeni will add cha to all fire damage, so Scorching Ray will become pretty absurd, but that's far more costly than just EB spam.

Thanks, though!

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Oh, yeah, I know, and a sorcerer can twin spells... so 2x agonizing eldritch blasts a turn.  Gets absurd pretty quickly. :>  Going Sorcerer 3 and Warlock 2 enables that combo at level 5, which is nuts, but I'm going the less min-max route of going ~sorcerer 8 then warlock 2, if we get that far.  At level 6 sorcerer, Zeni will add cha to all fire damage, so Scorching Ray will become pretty absurd, but that's far more costly than just EB spam.

Thanks, though!

Your scorching ray is costly because it costs slots. So yeah EB will be your bread and butter blast.
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »
Multiclassing Prerequisites

Class Ability       Score Minimum
Barbarian           Strength 13
Bard                  Charisma 13
Cleric                 Wisdom 13
Druid                 Wisdom 13
Fighter               Strength 13 or Dexterity 13
Monk                 Dexterity 13 and Wisdom 13
Paladin              Strength 13 and Charisma 13
Ranger              Dexterity 13 and Wisdom 13
Rogue               Dexterity 13
Sorcerer            Charisma 13
Warlock             Charisma 13
Wizard              Intelligence 13

Multiclassing Proficiencies

Class Proficiencies Gained
Barbarian                       Shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Bard                              Light armor, one skill of your choice, one musical instrument of your choice
Cleric                             Light armor, medium armor, shields
Druid                             Light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)
Fighter                          Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Monk                             Simple weapons, shortswords
Paladin                          Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Ranger                          Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, one skill from the class’s skill list
Rogue                           Light armor, one skill from the class’s skill list, thieves’ tools
Sorcerer                        —
Warlock                         Light armor, simple weapons
Wizard                           —
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2015, 10:40:16 PM »
Technically I could dip 1 level in Fighter at level 6 for the Duelist fighting style and proficiencies.

Or take Bard or Rogue for skills. Bard gives me Bardic Inspiration while Rogue gives me 1d6 Sneak Attack.

Trying to ham in the Paladin seems silly now that I had taken a good long look at the PHB.

Story-wise, could fit Ranger in late game.
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:57 AM »
I could see Alyssa being a bard, her alcohol brewing and folk-hero-ness really blend well with that, but I'd suggest either going straight warlock or going warlock/rogue.

The main thing I see people doing with warlock/rogue (warlock 5/rogue ?) is taking the Devil's Sight invocation and the Darkness (2nd level) spell.  If Alyssa were to do that, enemies would have to bumble into her darkness and manage to stand next to her to even get a real shot at hitting her, and then they'd do so with disadvantage.  Meanwhile, she'd have advantage on all of her attacks within the darkness, and she'd get sneak attacks.  It's just a tiiiiiny bit cheesy, but the party would greatly benefit from Alyssa being less hesitant to go into melee with her sword of awesomeness.

Downside being that Alyssa's temp hp thing has served her very well, this setup would leave no room for it, and that well, the rest of the party can't see through magical darkness. :v  This could be remedied by Alyssa having her own targets or just moving 15ft in, attacking, then moving 15ft away again, or just moving away if enemies follow into her darkness.

Most other decent blade lock options are strength focused with a Polearm + Polearm Mastery, with dips helping with getting heavy armor.  Overall I think you might have enjoyed just playing a straight Eldritch Knight fighter more, but it's a bit late for that kind of change.

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2015, 12:56:05 AM »
Alyssa isn't hesitant using Last Blood, just gotta be selective on the targets.

Anyway I can see Alyssa hit Bard 3 and resuming Warlock.

And it depends on the encounter with the Nymphs later on. She might just transition to Ranger.
Will add later

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2015, 09:20:33 PM »
Just had a chat with Zeni and figured that Alyssa would use the tentacle rod in conjunction with her tanking.

And with that much money, what we gonna do with it? Take over our hometowns as mayor?

Also, Alyssa carries loads of bottles, should be enough to store all the blood.

Can I roll Arcana to find out what dragons' last blood can be used for?
Will add later