Author Topic: Minor PbP Interactions  (Read 7583 times)

Offline :<

• I don't -dislike- games.
    • View Profile
Minor PbP Interactions
« on: December 17, 2014, 04:41:40 PM »
M-Minor PbP interactions thread, ho! :< I'm not sure what to put here!!

• View Profile
Re: Minor PbP Interactions
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
Starting Time: Directly after the events of Session 3.
Setting:  Goodsky's Manor (damaged), leaving the laboratory and heading for the living room.
Purpose: "Bugs are gross!  What's their deal?"

With the gruesome discoveries made in the hidden laboratory behind the party, they return to the dark hallway, seemingly to continue their search, but one of them had other ideas.  Zeni more or less bee-lines her way down the hall way and back to the living room and fireplace, nudging and kicking a few sticks into the fireplace before blasting it with a firebolt, getting the fire roaring anew.  The little sorceress slumps her way back into the comfy chair she had taken to before, then looks to see who had followed.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »
Lien ends up following into the living room like someone whose first instinct is to assume people acting decisively have an idea what they're doing and ends up disillusioned. "Oh. That's what you were doing." Since she's already there, she takes the opportunity to set down the jar they caught the bug in and peers inside, only to turn it upside down and find nothing falls out.
After a beat, Lien taps her forehead against the rim of the jar and sighs. "Of course. I could've thought of that."
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 08:30:46 PM »
Zeni tries her best to relax, but she didn't seem quite as at-ease as she always was before, perhaps still bothered by the grisly discovery.  She idly watches the monk with disinterest, having spotted her trying to bottle that beetle before.  "What was with those beetles anyway and why were you trying to catch one?  I was so sure I saw you catch one, but I'm not surprised you somehow lost it.  You probably ate it or something, silly oaf."  She was oblivious to the whole ordeal with the fang/sliver as well, only having noted that the beetles were moving quite strangely, dead focused on a single thing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:32:58 PM by :< »

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:54 AM »
Lien gives the little witch a slightly sullen look and pulls something out of her stuff to toss it to Zeni for her to see. "Because of this. They're the reason I'm here in the first place." The object turns out to be a dead, perfectly preserved scarab exactly like the one Lien had caught. "Did you see where they came from? You were on the roof all the time, right?"

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 12:21:19 PM »
Ellis trails into the room a little ways after the other two in time to catch the tail end of the conversation. "...Why are you two throwing dead bugs at each other?" She stares at Lien with a mildly bemused look.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
Zeni continues looking on with disinterest even as the object flies through the air in her direction, the sorceress taking a couple of seconds to identify just what it was even when it had landed in her lap.  She smacks it off of her lap at once, then immediately strikes it with a firebolt as it lands, sending it careening off of the stone hearth and onto the hardwood floor.  But before Veekie could will the place bursting into flames anew, ':<' clarified that it was a very well waxed hardwood floor that wouldn't easily catch fire from having a burning scarab corpse sitting atop it.  "There. Happy? Now your specimen is on fire because of yoooouuur stupidity!  Now what was so important about it anyway?  Are you just a bug collector?  Eugh..."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Lien doesn't look terribly worried about her beetle carcass being on fire. She just picks it up with the tongs from the fireplace to get it off the floor and holds it up in front of her. "No. Look at it. It's way too big for any normal beetle living around here. This one is one I saw crawling out of my table at home, and just before a whole swarm of them came out of Goodsky's neck. There's no way that many bugs of this size actually fit in his body. Or in my table, for that matter."

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »
Zeni actually places her disgust for the thing aside for a moment as she sits up just a bit to get a better look at it, her curiosity seeming piqued more by the fact that it was remaining on fire, yet not burning up, rather than by Lien's words.  "So... we have some kind of strange extra-planar beetles on our hands? And you're saying that not only did this pour out of Mr. Foulsky, somehow, but that you observed them coming out of a table?" Zeni blinks confusedly at Lien, who would probably get the idea that Zeni just thought she was even crazier than before, but she still seemed somewhat interested.  The half-elf stands herself up and fetches a small stick from the wood pile, gently prodding in and around the thing's jaws, "How exactly did that specimen die?  There's something not quite right about it; it might not be fully dead... Hmrrr.... And there's even more strange things about it than that."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 04:17:40 PM »
Lien frowns. "It was bitten by spiders that came out of the hole after it. Then they just... fixed the hole, like it had never been there. I saw them in Goodsky's wound as well. Alyssa probably saw them too, but I don't know if you could have seen it from the attic. Definitely not from the roof."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:19:26 PM by Agita »

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »
"So a spider bit it and in doing so somehow froze it in space-time.  Neat.  It's hard to imagine that killing Foulsky opened up a tear in the fabric of reality, so I'm left to believe the beetles themselves can simply bite their way through reality with those stupidly numerous, weird jaws, as I didn't sense the actual opening of a portal or anything."  Zeni steps off and unceremoniously flops into her seat again, "And the thing about the spiders fixing the tear does line up with something I'd read once before, but I can't quite remember what it was.  Bugs aren't exactly my field of study, oof.  But about the beetle again, perhaps it would be prudent to tie up its jaws just in case its current state of stasis wears off, and I guess it would also be worth noting that the stick I poked into its mouth went in a lot further than it should have."  That was prooobably enough talking about bugs for her today, but she would still go along with the conversation were it to continue, just with a hint of annoyance.

Italics = Totally lying with an amazing deception roll of 7.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »
Starting Time: Session 10!
Setting: Weaver Temple & Tavern, Possibly The Beastmaster Guild!?!?!? Whoknowswheretheinvestigationgoes.
Purpose: Shopping!  Learn about brothers!  Alyssa possibly finding religion!?

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 02:36:48 PM »
The initiate seems panicked for a moment, rushing up to the burning cloth, then pauses in a huff, "Very funny miss."
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 02:51:38 PM »
Zeni just smirks and continues slipping on the dress she'd chosen, "I still think I'd be doing you a favor if I disposed of those!  Whoever your grand couturier is must have lost their mind.  At least this piece seems alright..."  Zeni turns and allows the initiate to help her tie up the back of the dress, then spins in place as she looks herself over, smiling slightly as she watches the large, lacey sleeves flow through the air.  "Huuu... That's even nicer than I thought it would be!"  She tugs at the cloth along her sides, pulling the slightly-oversized dress down tighter against her dainty figure, her hands making their way up and up with the tugging till finally they found their way to her own chest.  She tugs the cloth this way.... then that way... then tries to tuck it yet another way, growing visibly frustrated in a hurry.  "Pads.  I require pad--"  She looks up just then, her eyes meeting Ellis's from across the gallery, the small girl instantly flustering.  "I-I require you to fix this, cinch it up or something!  U-Uuuu, why is everything so oversized!?  A-And make it fire retardant, too!!"  Zeni starts fighting her way out of the dress, though she makes little progress till the panicked initiate steps behind her to untie her dress.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:05:32 PM by :< »

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Honorary Mod
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
The initiate grimaces briefly at the slight to the designer, then liberates Zeni from the dress, "Fire resistance treatment would be ten gold, though it only prevents the fabric from igniting from heat and resisting singes. Directly applied fire would still damage the cloth."

She adds with a wicked tone of voice as the dress comes off, "We do have a wide range of padding however. They are very popular with your people."
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
Ellis holds eye contact for a fraction of a second before spinning away and busying herself examining some of the nearby tunics. Determinedly pretending she didn't hear anything Zeni said, she practically buries her nose in the fabric on the pretense of inspecting the weave. They are very nice clothes, though, so she doesn't have to feign interest. "Maybe there's something here the others would like...something easy to run in for Lien, maybe. Neutral colors, I think..." She trails off, strolling down the aisles.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »
The little sorceress quickly throws her peasant clothes back on and huffs, moving to pull out her gem & coin purse, but stopping half way as the initiate brings up the pads again... She instead folds her arms and stands herself back up straight, "What do you mean 'your people?'  That's racist, gaaauuu, just wait till I tell the First Weaver!!  I don't need or want pads, hem the cups deeper into the torso, dumby!"  Zeni turns her attention back to Ellis, accidentally glaring at her at first, "If you wanted to grab something for her, by all means, but I don't think her feeble mind would appreciate it any more than rags and furs."

Zeni follows after the initiate perhaps a bit more closely than what the poor woman would consider comfortable, glaring at her the whole while, but eventually pulling out her purse.  She taps her arcane focus and incants a cantrip as quietly as she can muster, Messaging the initiate.  "Half-size cup.  You'll put in a half-size cup and you'll give me a discount for your heinous racism, or I will talk to the First Weaver about it."  The half-cup wanting half-elf pulls out an azurite gem and ten gold pieces, placing them on the counter in front of her before glaring up at the woman once more.

Intimidate! :<
Rolled 1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 03:40:25 AM »
At the end of the fight, Alyssa joins the rest of the party to clean up a space to camp and rest while searching the cave thoroughly for loot and information.

Bottling the dragon blood with her spare bottles. Alyssa stores them in her customized pack, right beside her brewing equipment.

"Have we found any items that need some sort of looking over?"
Will add later

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
By now, Zeni had managed to pick up most of the gold and platinum, leaving the coin hoard shining silver, though bits of copper coin peeked out here and there.  With some reluctance, she began the task of shoveling the silver in as well, dragging out her backpack and a few other things to make more room. 

"Hmmmn...  I guess we haven't identified the use of most of the dragon parts, and most of interest is that odd blood crystal thing.  I'm tired of racking my memory for what it might be, though, so I'd gladly pass the task to you.  Other than that, I'm suspicious of the tentacle thing."  She prods it with her watery staff, "Every other magical item here has had some special properties other than its main purpse, but that one hasn't shown any yet... and being what it is, I'm a little hesitant to investigate further."  She of course said all this with the most cheery expression and tone, the watery staff still holding its own odd effect on the half-elf despite her attempts to dampen it by wrapping it in cloth.  Vanilla picked up the tentacle rod in her little mouth and began to frolic around the sorceress.

"Oof, we're never going to manage to fit all this coin in here!  Even a bag of holding has its limits...  We're going to have to empty all of our packs and the horse's saddle bags.  And then we're going to be marching even further into fey land with all this shiny loot?  Uuuu... Alyssaaa, you can just buy new brothers!  Or at least buy them resurrections or something, when they inevitably die."

Offline Nicklance

• Strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 07:55:09 PM »
Alyssa throws one of the gold coins at Zeni's head, her face a mask of fury. The bird lands on her shoulder with an "OAF!" which seems to snap Alyssa out of her rage.

Taking three deep breaths despite being in this swamp cave, Alyssa calms down. "The crystallized last blood of a dragon can be used as a crafting ingredient. It carries power within it as a catalyst."

Moving over to the dragon parts, which coincidentally moves her away from Zeni, she squats down to examine the bits. "Dragon scales can be sold to armorers for armor making, although we could use shavings as additives for protection potions. Bones make good shafts for spears, staves or even bows. The claws can be used as spellcasting materials or embedded into clubs. The dragon's entire body provides a purpose to any crafting need. Oh and Vanilla seems interested in holding on to the rod, you should activate and attune to the item before you let Vanilla carry it or else it's just not working."

"Too bad none of these could do anything to give you more empathy, or perhaps that empathy had died during some traumatic experience and you're just being the you now." the last sentence was muttered softly, maybe she wouldn't be able to hear it.
Will add later