Author Topic: Looking for a Dragon Magazine Wizard alternate class feature  (Read 2275 times)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
EDIT: Found it on the old Brilliant Gameologists board. Eidetic Spellcaster in Dragon 357. The original reason I couldn't find it is because it's not listed under the wizard alternate class feature section for some reason, but is listed under the Dragon 357 section.

So, a few years back a fellow player informed me that he was playing a drow wizard in the underdark. Because their DM decided that paper was fairly rare, and therefore he wouldn't have access to a spell book, he had to use an alternate wizard class feature that his DM found in a Dragon magazine issue. This replaced both Scribe Scroll and the ability to obtain a familiar, but he memorized spells directly to his brain instead of having to write them down. Does anyone know what this is called and what issue it's in? I thought it was Intuitive Wizardry, but my Google-Fu has failed me, and I can't find any site with Alternate Class features that lists that specific one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:24:37 PM by kevin video »
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline Kerrus

• Immovable Rods Kill
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Dragon Magazine Wizard alternate class feature
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
Pretty sure the ACF post only lists posts from 1st party sources, not second party stuff like Dragon.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 03:43:04 AM »
Pretty sure the ACF post only lists posts from 1st party sources, not second party stuff like Dragon.
No, they do. It's just it's own thread that's specifically for Dragon Magazine and no other sources. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 10:08:17 PM »
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9028.0 for all the Dragon Mag ACFs I know of, in case you need to look up another one or feel like browsing.