Author Topic: High End OOC V-Beyond the Time Paradox  (Read 42176 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC V-Beyond the Time Paradox
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2019, 10:40:52 AM »
Okay, what's the in-game timeline for getting my fleet together?  I need to dig up what those stats are because I've completely forgotten.

Time is funky in the place you're now but some 24 standard hours will pass before the White Fleet is ready for action (including RIN's repair support).

Sounds like I have some out of game time to find all of the information we talked about and get my followers sheet updated.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »
I assume that I'm the only one not in my mecha?

Maybe I should just supervise from my ship...

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »
I suppose it depends where inside the ship we might be if there's room for mecha.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2019, 11:52:36 PM »
I assume that I'm the only one not in my mecha?

Maybe I should just supervise from my ship...

It'll be a bit of a tight fit for the Bastion to get inside, but the Matilda II is a colony ship that was carrying a million people plus its own ecosystem so has enough space for other battleships to fly around.

Now the building where the records are, the Matilda II won't fit (only up to mecha colossal), but there's a bunch of abandoned mecha nearby (assume any generic real up to tier V) or in another alternative you could commandeer one of the smaller ships outside (assume you can find any of 11th level of colossal or smaller size with standard battleship loadout).

Or you could supervise from outside the building yes.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2019, 01:05:10 PM »
Considering that we might want to leave in a hurry, it might be a good idea to keep a battleship right next to that building the Bastion won't fit into...

EDIT: Note to self: get some glasses with true seeing and/or Spellcraft bonuses to them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:40:05 PM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »
R.I.N is going in either way.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2019, 01:12:04 PM »
I'm 100% sure everyone knows what an IFF code is, but for the sake of clarity: IFF stands for "Identification Friend or Foe". It's used for systems that use anything from radio frequencies to IP addresses to pinpoint units so that whoever is using the system can tell who to shoot at. Needless to say, Matilda II should have already pinged us in the "Friend" category, so Hugo's testing to see if her AI is still behaving as it should.

Full defensive protocol for Murakumo means: Coolness stance, AT Field on, defensive funnels deployed.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »
Suddenly, we're standing in a cloud of small robots all individually larger than Ammy currently is. :lmao

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »
Wouldn't a cloud of robots be bigger than Ammy regardless depending on how many there were?  :P

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2019, 10:33:32 PM »
Ah, but the individual robots are larger is what I mean.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2019, 12:24:03 AM »
Well I won't be much help...

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2019, 10:51:52 AM »
I don't suppose the White Company has cheerleaders?  :P

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »
Well fuck.

Quote from: Nanshork
Okay, here is what is going down.

I need roughly 2,000 people to crew the ships (5 people per ship, roughly 400 ships).  For simplicities sake I'm just calling it 2,000.

287 crew are being given up from my two follower ships are being given up as crew for the AI ships.  1,720 crew now needed.

All 163 followers are next to be given up, mechas and leftover crew from follower ships being used for repairs and additional crew for the more badly needed ships.  1,550 crew now needed.

1,550 crew given up from Bastion.

Per Os

Up to half of Bastion’s crew can be safely sent away without penalty. Anything below that and Damarius and Bastion will be taking a -1 penalty per 100 missing crew to all 1d20 rolls and damage rolls until you can find proper replacements, with the limit of at least 200 crew needing to remain so Bastion can work at all, at which point you’ll be taking a -8 penalty (worst case scenario you can find 100 replacements per 24 hours through the usual channels).

So Bastion is giving up 550 crew above and beyond the halfway mark so I'm either at -5 or -6 depending on how rounding goes.

I assume that for the purposes of this battle I have no followers because everyone is getting shuffled around and the AI ships are being repaired?

How far into the process of removing my own crew have I gotten?  I can get rid of 1,000 of the 1,550 to be removed without penalties.

I never though to ask before, what's happening with my cohort (if anything)?

Edit: End result is that I'm getting 400 ships (assuming that the"roughly 400 AI active ships right now" becomes 400).  I can live with that replacing my cohort as well if it comes down to it.  I know you PM'd me saying I can keep my cohort but I'm just double checking.

I just dug up the finalized posts about the follower swap and pasted the information into my Followers sheet so that we can both review it before the swap is finalized which is going to be after this battle anyway.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2019, 03:15:19 AM »
If its any consolation, you have Katherine to back you up since peeps told her to stay on the down low with interacting with these ships because future stuff  :rolleyes

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2019, 07:51:42 AM »
Well fuck.

Quote from: Nanshork
Okay, here is what is going down.

I need roughly 2,000 people to crew the ships (5 people per ship, roughly 400 ships).  For simplicities sake I'm just calling it 2,000.

287 crew are being given up from my two follower ships are being given up as crew for the AI ships.  1,720 crew now needed.

All 163 followers are next to be given up, mechas and leftover crew from follower ships being used for repairs and additional crew for the more badly needed ships.  1,550 crew now needed.

1,550 crew given up from Bastion.

Per Os

Up to half of Bastion’s crew can be safely sent away without penalty. Anything below that and Damarius and Bastion will be taking a -1 penalty per 100 missing crew to all 1d20 rolls and damage rolls until you can find proper replacements, with the limit of at least 200 crew needing to remain so Bastion can work at all, at which point you’ll be taking a -8 penalty (worst case scenario you can find 100 replacements per 24 hours through the usual channels).

So Bastion is giving up 550 crew above and beyond the halfway mark so I'm either at -5 or -6 depending on how rounding goes.

I assume that for the purposes of this battle I have no followers because everyone is getting shuffled around and the AI ships are being repaired?

How far into the process of removing my own crew have I gotten?  I can get rid of 1,000 of the 1,550 to be removed without penalties.

I never though to ask before, what's happening with my cohort (if anything)?

Edit: End result is that I'm getting 400 ships (assuming that the"roughly 400 AI active ships right now" becomes 400).  I can live with that replacing my cohort as well if it comes down to it.  I know you PM'd me saying I can keep my cohort but I'm just double checking.

I just dug up the finalized posts about the follower swap and pasted the information into my Followers sheet so that we can both review it before the swap is finalized which is going to be after this battle anyway.

For this battle your cohort will be at hand plus minimum crew needed to run Bastion with no penalties, but nothing else ready for battle at the moment.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2019, 09:13:10 AM »
Hooray, no penalties!

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »
Sooooo...

>.> <.<

What about my harem

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
There, sorry for the delay, bad girls can't keep their claws off Hugo.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2020, 10:25:32 PM »
Remind me, does rending get through AT Fields? Or do they only reduce ranged damage?

EDIT: OK, a quick read-over of Absolute Barrier has what I need. At this point, I feel I should mention that it does allow me to ignore Rending if I pick it as one of my immunities, but only if I do so on my turn. I leave it up to you whether I did so when I raised my defenses in preparation. Just let me know which it is, because otherwise the damage is radically different.

That's... 0+1+3 if Rending immunity applies, or a big fat 0 if it doesn't, but either way my regen is gonna eat up that damage on my turn.

EDIT 2: Also, I have 25% miss chance from Hyperdimensional Step. Not sure if that was taken into account.

EDIT 3: Also also, it's been forever and a half since the last time I touched this game, someone remind me who the girl thinking she hears angels is supposed to be? XD
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:14:00 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2020, 01:45:34 AM »
If I ever knew who anyone was...

I shall use 8 Wis as my justification for forgetting everyone's names. :p
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 01:47:45 AM by Raineh Daze »